Idea: Labyrinth Trap Gauntlets - As an XP source

One major gripe against the Labyrinth (yes I know there are many) is that it slows character development (in terms of XP). This has been a major reason to avoid inefficient maps as well.

However, currently GGG announced that they are balancing the maps such that all maps to have more comparable XP/hr. (I personally think that they are making some very top heavy in terms of XP bosses on bad maps, but we'll see how they do it).

So here is the idea.

Besides killing enemies you also gain XP

When you
1) Traverse a trap gauntlet that must be navigated to continue on the Labyrinth (XP bonus only achievable once per Gauntlet per Labyrinth run)
2) Open any major chests guarded by trap gauntlets (silver, golden, hidden coffers, etc.)

I am thinking XP along the lines of a Non-Map Boss Unique.

The idea is to encourage interaction with the world.

This idea could be expanded to add XP gains when completing side-quests, Master Missions, etc.

This would not effect the fastest XP runners. They would continue doing what they have always done. (Except that they gain a little more XP in their mandatory runs of the Labyrinth).

*Yes I know it will never happen as it goes against everything the ARPG kill for XP model stands for.
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2017, 3:43:24 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info