Player Character Dialogue Act V

With the 3.0.0 we have 6 new acts, but there isn't any new character dialogues after the Act IV. Any plans on adding this on 3.1.0?
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2018, 9:34:31 AM
I wish to know that too :/
Unfortunately due to the availability of voice actors, and the amount of work involved, this is going to take a long time to do.

At this stage I believe a few actors are no longer available, which means we have to do massive re-records.

Sorry about that, I'm sure that's not the answer you were looking for!
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Unfortunately due to the availability of voice actors, and the amount of work involved, this is going to take a long time to do.

At this stage I believe a few actors are no longer available, which means we have to do massive re-records.

Sorry about that, I'm sure that's not the answer you were looking for!

It's not what I want to here but I'll take honesty over some dodgey PR answer any day.
Thank you for the answer. It's better continue the development than get stuck for that, just please maintain this subject under priority.
Last edited by Rafaelbgf on Nov 23, 2017, 2:18:54 PM
Hm so the tone of the answer suggests that this will be done, eventually, and is not off the table altogether, which's good enough IMO.
It's not really a big deal compared to actual meaningful game content and QoL enhancements. Keep up the good work GGG!
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Yeah for the record we do plan to get this done, it's just the timeline that's currently undefined.

It's likely we'll do it one character at a time to space out the workload.
The audio guy.
Do you lads know which ones are for certain unavailable for it (I know things change, and I don't want to presume to lock you into anything akin to a promise or official answer here)? Some of the dialogue had some pretty perfect delivery (Witch, Shadow, and Marauder in particular), and while I would be sad to see them replaced I can understand and appreciate the situation. It's always a bit of a bear and a half with expansion content.

I also have no real doubt or worries that you'll do the best job possible with their replacements. Sometimes the dialogue can be a bit dodgy, but in general the casting direction has been fairly solid and consistent. You do good work and it's appreciated.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Maybe as a stop-gap measure, have the text output in green to the chat for the time being? I'm sure writing it is a lot less time-consuming and time-sensitive than getting it recorded. Plenty of games add the voice later. 'What' the exile has to say about the events of Act V and Part 2 is, to me, at least equally as interesting as 'how' they say it.

I second this. Would be great to know what they are thinking in the later acts (especially Templar and Marauder).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info