Corrupted Clearing (Unearthed)

Hey all. This isn't my first HO, but it's the first that I spent more than 15min on. It's nothing crazy but I'm happy with it. My aim was to create a space that's easy to navigate has everything close by and still looks nice.

Ok, so you want back story...

The Shaper was feeling rough after his dealings with his Templar assailants, so he beamed himself to a long forgotten Oriath outpost deep within the CI Forest right off the CoC river where he could collect his thoughts. After wallowing in self pity for several hours, he found himself in great physical pain. His stomach was rumbling like a lvl99 Sunder build and unable to make it to the river, he Faster Casting dropped trou over an old dried up well. It was the last time he would eat a Forsaken Burrito, for several reasons.

Skip ahead however many years and boom! Zana finds the outpost searching for dear 'ol dad. (Apologies for the spoiler if you didn't already know) After so many years, and so much never ending rain, the Shaped Deuce had lost none of it's forsaken fragrance, so Zana did what anyone would do. She lit a match.

The ground trembled, the well filled with fire and from it arose pure corruption. It broke and blackened the stone surrounding the well while emitting a noxious sulfuric gas that promised unholy nightmare.

So then Zana invited you to move in, because she's not one to suffer alone.

ON WITH THE PICS ALREADY!
(I'll put some brief descriptions under the pictures)

Welcome to the Corrupted Clearing! Here's where the newcomers land.

A higher shot of the landing zone. We have some Ikea shelves that were a nightmare to put together, and plenty of space to store your weapons.

This is my sweet studio shack. You can also see the banner I stole from Dominus. In the flower garden, you'll notice my pet Acid Scorpion, Ellis Dee, foraging on some delicious severed heads that weren't pretty enough to place at the waypoint.

While entering the main area, you'll notice that the trees have really gotten out of hand. There's also a spider problem, but I don't kill them, because I don't want a mosquito problem.

Here we are looking down on some exiles and their poor life choices. Elreon keeps telling me to throw them in the river for their sins, but they actually do a great family performance of "The Aristocrats!" so I keep them around.

These guys obviously know how to pull their weight. Well, Harvey does anyway. Merle just stands there berating him all the time, but I guess they are a package deal, so no throwing Merle in the river either.

These guys... What could I say that you don't already know? Oh I know, Vagan speaks in tongues whenever Haku and Vorici argue over who has a better shot with Tora.

And then there's Elreon and Zana. They're constantly in political and religious arguments, but they are the life of the party when we take a night off to give Ellis a lick. Catarina talks to dead people a lot AND she wears one of those stupid bluetooth earpieces, so I usually just ignore her.

Here's where I get much of my craft action on. It's also a better look at what the Shaped Deuce did to the well and the ground around it. You'll notice that Tora is as far away from Haku, Vorici, and Vagan as she can get. You think they'd get the hint.

Navali and Leo are truly amazed at my 33 challenges completed. Which means there are exactly two people, that aren't real, that are amazed by that. It might look like I'm reading something on the wall, but no, it was an Ellis evening.

Zana found out that if you try and cover the Shaped Deuce with a map, it anger's the Demon King. Not sure why he's got a horse in this race, but maybe that's a story for another HO, in another League...

So there it is! Hope you enjoyed and dig the HO. Cheers!
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines. Do you like gladiator movies?
Last edited by SnakeWon on Nov 22, 2017, 1:22:14 AM
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2017, 12:57:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info