[3.0] Nuro's Harp Deadeye; clears all content (sans Hall of Grandmasters)

"
Deadeye is shit.

"
Nuro's harp is shit.

Watch me.

When I first saw Nuro's Harp, I though it was kind of viable. Almost there, it had to be possible to make a build for it that could clear ~all end-game content. This build tries to accomplish exactly that, it makes a sub-par unique and a sub-par ascendancy somehow work.

Gameplay videos:
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dny6Dz1fESc - Atziri, labyrinth, all guardians, Shaper (4cc).

Advantages/disadvantages:
Spoiler
Pros:
+ Cheap, or at least not expensive per se.
+ Freezes pretty much all enemies other than map bosses.
+ Relatively fast.
+ Adequate single-target damage.
+ Dodges every other attack and spell, evades the rest of the attacks.
+ Comfy.

Cons:
- Can't run elemental reflect.
- Can't run no-leech.
- Can't clear Hall of Grandmasters, but hey, that's hard anyway.
- Only ~5k life, prone to getting one-shot by high spot damage.
- Non-Doomfletch's, so have to settle with ~400k dps against Shaper.
- Getting to 96 can be a pain.

Tree:
Spoiler
Level 96 tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAO4B0QUtBfkGIwguDY0RgRPaFHUVIBVDFfAZjhm0IXYi4iP2JP0qTSzpLYMuUzBxMHwx-jOSNZI31DnUOkI64T7PPydDE0MxR35H4kp9SshLeE2STeNRR1O7U89aGluvXkVjp2VNZdNpTm6qcUN07XXLdvd4-XrvfXV-3X8rgayGs4bOh3aNfY1-jbmNv5LzmyabjaCfoSKhpKJApDmmV6fUqXmv67EBtfK3tr02vea-p7_VwTPDM8SiyMzI3M9e02_TftQj2L3awd1G3ajfb-Hb5GrnVOpi7T_tg-4O73rvj_JF9Pj2o_rr_MX9bv4K_o_-uv7I_94=

An alternative approach is get an additional frenzy charge and (lower-quality) life nodes nearer to main tree. This will give significantly more evasion, but less life. As this build dodges a lot and dies to spot damage a lot, I think don't think it's worth it.

Deadeye gives one extra arrow, which is the single greatest damage node you can get. This build could arguably be done with raider to utilize increased damage per frenzy charge, but that would defeat the purpose of showing even deadeye can defeat Shaper.

Gear:
Spoiler
The gear uses three elementary uniques:

Nuro's Harp is your main weapon. It has mediocre cold damage, so you want as much added flat from your gear as possible. But when you have that, it will freeze everything and create chilled ground under the enemies. This makes running maps pretty much trivial.

Hyrri's Ire gives high amount of flat cold damage. Increased effect of chill is a bonus.

Pandemonius will give you penetration against chilled enemies, which you will chill in any case.

Additionally you may want to have Hyrri's Bite:

Getting a "+1 arrow" -corrupt is a lot cheaper and more probable than getting a quiver that is in any way comparable otherwise.

Links:
Spoiler
You need to have both barrage and tornado shot on high links:

Barrage:

Tornado Shot:

Additionally, you need to have a link with frenzy to get frenzy charges against bosses. I favor a link setup which conveniently curses enemies at the same time. For this build, projectile weakness gives the best damage, as you already have enough penetration from Pandemonius and from the tree:

It might seem weird, but haste appears to actually be the best aura you can get for this particular build. Herald of ice gives flat ice damage which is essential:

Otherwise, you can get the usuall immortal call 3-link. Or go with ice golem, your call. Either way that leaves 2 slots free for portal and blink arrow.

Other gear:
Spoiler
You will need items that give life, flat cold damage, increased elemental damage, and otherwise fill up your resistances. I use Atziri's Step:

Two-toned boots to get more freedom with other gearing, but dodge is the main defense strategy of the build, so it's a trade-off.

Other example gear:

For jewels, you will need anything at all that gives damage and life:

Flasks:
Spoiler
Flasks are pretty obvious. The build does not leech life, but you have increased life gain from flasks and evade/dodge easily. This means you need multiple life flasks, but not all life gain needs to be instant. As you leech mana, a mana flask is not necessary.

Both Wise Oak and Dying Sun give significant extra damage, there may be other viable damage flasks but I doubt they can match those.

Pantheon:
Spoiler
Lunaris => more dodge.
Yugul => Reduce reflected damage taken, however it will most likely kill you anyway.

Leveling, budget, progress and tips:
Spoiler
Get Doomfletch, this will carry you up until the point you can wield Nuro's Harp.

Nuro's has practically no value, so you can get a near-perfect example for no money at all. I bought the ~2-sub example with 10c. Near-perfect Hyrri's Ire can be bought for <10c, proper +1 arrow -Hyrri's Bite can be bought for <10c. The real money must be spent on Pandemonius and 6-linking Nuro's Harp and Hyrri's Ire.

Running the build with 5-link is viable, and gets to circa 250k damage, but that's not really enough for late-game bosses or Shaper. With 6-link everything in the game is doable. I've killed all guardians wihtout dying, but nonsensical mods will make them hard.

NOTE: Killing shaper with this build is very much possible but not exacyly easy. As the DPS doesn't go into millions, you will need to actually play. Also, have another bow with culling strike under weapon switch.

That said, I 4cc'd Shaper with the build but my record before that was 5cc with an absolutely ridiculous wither-coc-firestorm-into-chaos witch when double dipping still was a thing. If you're a good player, this is a non-issue.

Why?

All uniques sans Pandemonius are dirt cheap. This is very low-budget build compared to most. If you are not going to spend currency on chase uniques, you have the currency for 6-links.

This is one of the ice-themed builds me and my friends made for the Harbinger league. The given build seems to be the second-best example (after glacial cascade miner).

Other build guides in the series:
Warma's expensive, yet mediocre Glacial Hammer crit Marauder

Link to this character.
Last edited by Trilkk on Sep 30, 2017, 5:12:58 PM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2017, 5:13:46 PM
Trillk played this build in an ice themed party with me and Warma. I run Cospri's and Warma runs Glacial Hammer.

My character: Hyydyke

Warma's: Teginar

We might add two more build guides later, but Trilkk's character is probably the most interesting one.
Last edited by thegagis on Sep 23, 2017, 5:23:17 PM
Hello! Looks interest! Waiting for gameplay videos. :)
"
iBrokenWings wrote:
Hello! Looks interest! Waiting for gameplay videos. :)

Added a video to opening post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info