Labyrinth only good for ragequits - needs waypoints

So introduced to this game by a friend and I love the builds, the skill tree, a variety that makes diablo 2 look like a kiddie pool by comparison. All the things to try, oh good finally unlocked the labyrinth, how bad can it be?

Ah..ha..HAHAHAHA yeah...

After 1 shot by Izzaro, another one shot on the second Izzaro and a death from a spear trap because i was trying to back track past it thanks to a WONDERFUL dead end....

Ragequit.

**** The transcendent perks. Until that joke of a tedious grindfest where one stupid mistake wastes 15-20 minutes per run gets way points like oh I don't know EVERY. OTHER. PART. of PoE it is not worth the frustration and the overleveling it causes. I mean it was great for buffing some gems, but that's it.

Nerf the traps so one stupid mistake doesn't insta kill would be a good start too.

Great game until this point, now I'm considering just moving on if all I have to look forward too for the "best" perks is this crap.
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2017, 7:07:54 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You have pointed out one of the important reasons that labyrinth is loathsome content that besmirches and insults GGG's good name. I mean, I really appreciate them reducing the loathsome content in 3.0. Specifically what they did is require less trials and the first two labs were made much smaller. This was a great improvement and I do appreciate it. Adding checkpoints/waypoints to labyrinth would be a great improvement that I hope GGG does someday.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I'm sorry you had this experience.

FWIW, you're far from alone in having a "WTF is this?" response to lab. Despite well over a year of disappointment, dislike and hatred poured all over lab by multiple streamers and close to a thousand different posters on these forums (somebody is counting, their name is Turtledove), the devs have so far stuck with the response that those who dislike lab are a vocal minority and they've announced no intentions to change the underlying gameplay there (meaning no waypoints, as far as we can tell).

On a better note, if you've ever wanted to play an ARPG that gates character progression behind a platform minigame, then you struck gold with POE. :)
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
overall i think they just need to yank the damn trap damage down. They broke trap damage when they made it apply percentage based to try and nerf ES lab runners, now that ES lab runners aren't that popular, traps do way to much damage.

I mean you get hit by one dart and it's 3k damage.

touched that trap for a half second, dead

oh and lets make it super hard by making the whole screen instantly go even darker, as you die so you cant see what the hell to do to move out of way of trap.

fix trap damage ratios now that 20k ES isn't a thing, and put some damn torches in that place.

Oh and remove hp light radius crap

Then lab wouldn't be so bad

So just to point out, the traps do a certain percentage of your hp, and thus can't kill you in one hit. So I guess you made a little more than just one mistake. And really you can't get through normal lab after its been nerfed into the ground? Its such a joke now, if you can't get through it there is something wrong with your build for sure.
dude traps are a joke
try
Leap Slam-faster attacks
flame dash-faster casting
shield charge-faster attacks
Lightning Warp-less duration

leap slam is the best to avoid traps since you can jump over most stuff and gaps
Oh my god another "lab sucks I quit" thread. Lab is great, it gives your character a great deal of power and power should come at cost...

Well, if you really gonna ragequit this game just because you are so bad that you are unable to finish normal lab - good riddance.
Yeah. Labyrinth is pretty much a crapper. Even GGG knows it was a terrible idea, but there's so much invested in it that there's no turning back now.

Enjoy!
Uuh git gud?

Have staunching flasks to stop bleeding from traps, get armour flasks to reduce damage from traps
Use movement skills to not take damage from traps in the first place...
Get a smoke cloud flask to make izaro miss

D O D G E Izaros slams and swipes, if you still die get better gear/ update your build.

Anything but Uber lab should not be a problem once you learn how to deal with it, as everything in this game
"
Awandel wrote:

leap slam is the worst to avoid traps

fixed

Because of the limited range leap slam has it gave me my first death to traps. I clicked beyond it and my character walked into the trap instead... and this was shortly before the range was shortened.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info