Next race

When are the race`s coming back?
If you are going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure.
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2017, 8:44:33 AM
I've been lurking around looking for the answer to this very question and am coming up short. Do they usually start half way through each league?
Sigh - does PoE no longer run Races? I've only just returned to the game after a 3 year lay off and i cannot find any info to confirm or deny this.
I'm BACK :)
I'm too lazy to find the exact source, but IIRC somewhere GGG has said that they will no longer run races because they hurt player retention.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
I'm too lazy to find the exact source, but IIRC somewhere GGG has said that they will no longer run races because they hurt player retention.

Wow! I'm stunned to say the least. Yes I've not been around for a very long time but it was for the races that I've returned.

I'm BACK :)
You may try XBox version, that is the main branch of the game now.

By the way, only 0.5% of xbox players reached maps, so the map system probably will be abandoned in the near feature.
Last edited by g64 on Sep 24, 2017, 8:44:06 AM
I am sad to read this as well. The Twitch POE community has been running some races for streamers, which have got me interested in racing. Hope GGG reconsiders.
To be honest, it's probably pretty easy to setup.
They make enough money already with MTX and supporter packs and a decent portion of the player base like those races.
Right now, i am bored with the league (reached lvl 95 in HC and did most content)
I stopped playing a week ago.
I would play the game again if we had the opportunity to do some 1 week race, or 2 weeks or anything else. (Even 24 hours on the weekend would be amazing)
If you are going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure.
Medallion was the last full season race. That ended in August 2016. I thought it had been closer to two years since a full season, but it hasn't been that long.

Since then we've only had short two week "seasons" or one weekend events. None of those had a point system, alt art prizes, etc. They only had a few token prizes that were very easy to get.

My memory might be wrong, but I vaguely seem to recall that GGG had higher priorities for the resources needed for a full race season. I assume that means setting up the signature race, mods, alt art, scheduling, etc. I think also lack of interest may have been mentioned. Again, my memory may be totally wrong.

As far as lack of interest, at the beginning of seasons there was always a good turnout, with max 750 pages of entrants. Later in the season it always dropped down to only a few hundred racers (making it easy to get points).

Whatever the reason it seems like full race seasons are a thing of the past.

If POE is still around ten years from now, I wonder if those old alt art items will have any value. I also wonder in we'll be allowed to keep them in remove-only tabs, and be available in challenge leagues.
Races were mega fun imo. I want to have fun again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info