Cospri's & Inya's Discharge Assasin 3.0

A word;

This is the first time I actually posted a build. I know it's far from a optimal post, still I wanted to share this with the community just in case anyone actually wants to give a shot to discharge builds or just curious to see how it performs on 3.0.1.

Build in Action:

On the Following video I have used Normal rarity maps to clearly show how "different" it is between a voll's devotion and a non voll's devotion build.(The difference is barely visible.You wouldn't guess which one was with voll's devotion if I actually didn't showed in the video.) PS: My gear is average except the amulet in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIl2P8ZbTK0

Quick Possible Questions:

Q:I don't like reading builds I just want to get to the point what items you use and copy paste your skill tree. Is that possible?
A:Yes you can skip all these and still make the build work.(However reading these will make your life easier in my opinion if you aren't familiar with discharge builds.)

Spoiler

Q:Is this build Uber Atziri/Shaper/Guardians Viable?
A:Probably not. You shouldn't even try them with this build, there are much safer / easier builds out there to farm these bosses.

Q:I thought Discharge was dead with AoE and CoC Nerfs how this still works?
A:It's true it got nerfed but it wasn't directly to this build. Vaal spark / fireball and all kind of AoE spells also got nerfed. So this build is not dead; it used to compete with vaal builds in means of clear speed before AoE nerfs. Right now it might actually be better than them considering this build only got AoE nerf.(Vaal builds literally losed their purpose by the limitation of Sac. Harvests.)

Q:I can't afford Voll's devotion is it possible to do this build without it?
A:Yes totally possible with the new Pale Council boots.

Q:Do I need to go Assasin?
A:No it's a matter of taste.Trickster is more utile and faster.Scion is probably reflect proof.Assasin is more like shield charge-Explode screen style. I'll try to explain their pros / cons in detail on Ascendancies section.

Q:Should I go for Voll's Devotion or 6L Chest?
A:Voll's devotion without doubt.6L chest will NEVER give the same amount of damage boost.(The last time I checked Voll's Amulets were around 260 Chaos, 6 Link Voll's Protectors are more expensive(280 C))

Q:Can EE(Elemental Equillibrium) decrease my damage output?
A:Unless you have Added Lightning damage/Added Fire damage in your gear your cyclone should only deal cold damage. That way your enemies will always have -%50 Resistance when you discharge.

Q:CI/ES version?
A:No it won't work.No Instant leech/Decent Es pool(Around 7-8k).Also no stun immunity...

Build Pros

1-Insanely high clear speed on non-maze like maps(Ex:Racecourse,Atoll).

2-Don't need Voll's devotion until mid-red maps.

3-Don't need any specific flasks to get the build up and running.

4-Flexible choices between Dual wield / Shield.

Build Cons

1-Reflect hurts so much ...
(I will explain how to deal with reflect in detail.)

2-Certain map bosses are really painfull to complete...

3-Single target for bosses is just "meh" without voll's devotion.(You can blame boss health increase for this.)

4-Hard to get up above 6k Life.(6k is probably enough for every content out there thought.)

5-Not hardcore viable.(At least my version is not since you have a slight chance of shield charging a reflect nemesis mod and instantly die.)

Build Sections:

1-Ascendancies

2-Skill Tree/Bandits

3-Items

4-Leveling

5-Gems/Links

6-Pantheon Powers/Reflect

Ascendancies

-Reminder Ascendancies are up to your taste of gameplay.

Spoiler

There are 3 ascendancy class choices I recommend to do this build.

Scion(Ascendant), Shadow(Assasin), Shadow(Trickster).
You can still use others but I doubt they will be as efficent as these.

Ascendant: Normal Lab + Cruel Lab -> Assasin -> Merciless Lab -> Path of Shadow -> Uber Lab -> Elementalist

-Pros

*Reflect proof.
*More passive points.
*Biggest possible AoE on discharge.
*2 Golems more Attack Speed / Crit

-Cons

*Probably need a lot of regret orbs once you get "path of shadow".
*Painfull to level.
*Can't run no-leech maps unlike Trickster.
*Slower compared to Trickster.

Assasin: Normal Lab -> Unstable Infusion -> Cruel Lab -> Deadly Infusion -> Merciless Lab -> Ambush -> Uber Lab -> Assasinate

-Pros

*Extremely fun to play.
*Always one shot packs with the first shield charge up to tier 13.
*Better single target against bosses.
*Culling Strike.

-Cons

*Get's instagibbed by reflect nemesis mods if you crit with discharge.(Especially when you have the voll's amulet.)
*Slower compared to Trickster.
*Can't run no-leech maps unlike Trickster.

Trickster: Normal Lab -> Walk of the Aether -> Cruel Lab -> Swift Killer -> Merciless Lab -> Ghost Dance -> Uber Lab -> Shade Form

-Pros

*Fastest clear speed thanks to Walk the Aether.
*Can run no-leech / no-regen maps with ease.
*Can reserve %100 of it's mana pool.
*Can go MoM(I don't recommend tho. Since chest reduces Maximum mana by %50.)

-Cons

*Less damage compared to Assasin.
*Might not feel the same way as assasin when you shield charge a pack on higher tiers.

Skill Tree

I can't explain all skill trees here it will take too much space and time to write reasons behind each node and choice. However I won't actually complete each tree to give a room for freedoom. That way players will be able to modify the tree according to their playstyle.Player A might go for more attack speed for increased clear speed while player B might want more damage for boss kills.

Generally while planning your tree these should only give you a general opinion. You can balance your build around simple facts:

-Below %35 critical chance with cyclone is bad.

-Below %150 increased life from tree is bad.

-Below %80 chance to hit is bad.
(If you have the Lycosidae Rawhide Tower Shield you don't need any accuracy nodes / items.)

Bad means build won't work? No it just means it won't be as good as it's potential. You don't have to stick with these trees %100. If you see something potentially better feel free to change it I'm sure these trees aren't the most optimal trees for some cases.

Note:Discharge crit strike chance is relatively low without nodes invested since it is a "Spell" so taking up crit multi nodes might not give the desired damage boost if you aren't playing assasin.

Spoiler

Non-Voll's Devotion Assasin/Trickster(Level 87)

Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPMACRYAAHZFfJeX-_W0OOUZjDZVS2HiJpUWvw-rJIvDOio4bWzssIwLuXw2PZ2qbIxirCLqMgGyGc966NYFtY2_UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_ZNkqOK7g78xbcXgOHiXu96036J03BSKgtd8g5I44QN0WNDEZYHHpUu8NVJUX_GbRmX9FJTl5U9X0yzIG5QMNteBAeD21XGOlgI9GpDvOosnBBYdhERLXyD6-4y0UVHwGYEs6IA8B88BZ_fmjuCm-987DgpT2u3hX062CcvkFUaOBzcuJMo-pitjxqt8RhdkydsCyL0MjIQktmGvG8jNlMQF7BKiwAAAAAA

I left last few points up to the user. There are many choices they can make at that point. Player can go for more damage via. multiplier or crit chance for swords or more accuary.

This tree has enough Dexterity/Int/Strength to use all items necessary.

Note:Non voll's devotion builds can go for the lightning damage nodes above witch or crit multi nodes between witch / Shadow to compensate with the damage problems without voll's devotions

Voll's Devotion Assasin/Trickster(Level 88)

Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPUACRYAAHdFfJeX-_W0OOUZjDZVS2HiJpUWv4nTcFIqC13yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRf8aTJ--I-TfXz0mxbAsi9G0Zl_RSUz1fl5VMsyBuUDDbXgQHg9tVxjpYCPRqQ7zqLJwRLXyD6-4y0UVHwGY8Be98n98Es6IA8B-aO4Kb7Dg62AGRLdInL5BVGjgpT2u3hX1Z86yqcqn3MpJ93COYb-XP6hh2rM9-rY3467vtkc4UcRuqwQfXfmMX2XyCBxzcjxq4kyj6mK0PqySLwzoqOG1s7LCMC7l8Nj2dqmyMYqzjhA3RY0MyMhCS2Ya8byM2UxAXsEqLAAAAAAA=

There might be questions like: why the hell am I taking the Sword node "Blade Master". Well we are not using "Lycosidae" shield for "Hit's can't be evaded" So we actually need accuracy and +200 to accuracy along with attack speed is probably one of the best choices considering we need to take the endurance charge anyway. Of course it is up to choice. If you are using the shield then getting something else is actually better.

!This tree needs Additional dexterity from gear to equip Cospri's!

Ascendant Scion non Voll's Devotion(Level 91)

Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQkACRAAAIEIZxW4yFuWMkV8l5f79bQ45RmMNlVLYeImlRa_D6vDOio4bWy1SOywjAu5fDY9napsjGKsidNwUioLXfIOSG0ZCPRqQ7zqLJyX9JeVUlM9X0yzIG5QMNteBAeD21XGOlgRLXyD6-4y0UVHwGY8Be98n98Es6IA8B-aO4Kb7DgpT2u3hX062CcvkFUaOK3xGF3jhA3RY0PndOjWIuoFtY2_UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_ZNkqOK7g78xbcXgOHiXu96037UUnSgBqIX3AYgHNy4kyj6mK2PGiL0bAuTJ3_GEZYHHpUu8NVJUb68guSQEXvDsVumMgMEqUjS6Khy4q0J2cpGIFkAAAAAAA==

This tree doesn't needs Additional Dexterity/Int/Strenght from gear.

Unfortunately Scions starting position makes it almost impossible to create a path from scion start position without wasting almost same amount of travel points. It's better off to start from shadow and get enough dexterity to allow free selection of items regardless of dexterity.(Since we don't need endurance charges.)

Ascendant Scion Voll's Devotion(Level 89)

Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQUACRAAAH--vILkkBGKr3vDSshuqrXycmxsRjIJNZLYvf4K8kU64aZXTeP-j7c-cqn3MuoYdqzPfq2N-Ou77ZHOFHHZfIIHG6rBB9d-YxesqlnzGjiQVScvOtjsOClPa7eFfYKbmjuf3-98PAXAZgSzogDwH0GH-eiCxyj6mK24kxzc6-4y0UVHjxp8gxEtLJy86mpDCPRtGZf0UlM9X5eVTLMgblAw214i9GwLkyd_xhGWBx6VLvDVSVEOSF3yKgtwUonTjDZVS2HiJpUWv-OEDdFjQwGRLdIPq21sNj2dqmyMYqwki8M6KjjssIwLuXzirQnZykYgWbFbpjIDBKhyqUjS6AAAAAAA

!This tree needs Additional dexterity from gear to equip Cospri's!

My Current Character's Skill Tree Assasin Level 87

Spoiler

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAO8ACRYCAHRFfJeX-_W0OOUZjDZVS2HiJpUWv3X9hG_UQrVIbWzndOjW7LCMC7l8Nj2dqmyMYqwi6sM6KjgyAbIZz3oFtY2_UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_ZNkqOK7g78xbcXgOHiXonTcFIqC13yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRf8aTJ2wLIvRtGZf0UlOXlT1fCPRqQ7zqLJxMsyBuUDDbXgQHES18g-vuMtFFR8BmBLOiAPAfrfEYXTwF73yf35o7gpvsODrYJy-QVRo4AZEt0ilPa7eFfRzcuJMo-pitjxrjhA3RY0MyMhCS2Ya8byM2UxAXsEqLAAAAAAA=

I actually had to re-spec from another build so this tree still lacks +2 skill points from bandit rewards.

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

Voll's Devotion Tree's needs a total of 90-100 Dexterity from equipments such as Rings / Gloves / Helmet / Shield. Non-Voll's devotion tree's doesn't needs these.(In case someone missed the warning before next to the tree links.)

Items
Spoiler

Warning! Don't get any kind of "Added Lightning damage" to your gear! This will literally give monsters %75 increased elemental resistance.(Also don't get added fire if you are using voll's devotion.)
***ESSENTIAL UNIQUES***

Spoiler

***ESSENTIAL UNIQUES***

Non-Essential Usefull Uniques

Spoiler

No need to describe reasons behind this.

The Flow Untethered Harbinger Belt

Less Cooldown / More attack speed. Reverse Temporal Chains when Harbinger uses his skill on you. One of the best on slot if you don't need life / resists as a belt.

Lycosidae Rawhide Tower Shield

By using this you can ignore all accuary needs from skill tree and items. I personally don't prefer it but some players who doesn't want to be bothered with chance to hit etc. might want it so it's here.

Secondary Weapon

Spoiler

I prefer a rare shield on this slot because of 3 reasons:

+Block Chance / Life
+New spell damage modifier
+Resists

Of course you can use a second cospris for more damage or a vagan dagger/Lycosidae shield for %100 hit chance.

If you want a rare shield on this slot the importance of Modifiers are the following;

1-Life
2-Resists
3-Spell damage/Attack Speed(Es shields have spell damage Ev shields have attack speed modifiers.)
4-Dexterity(If you can't have enough from tree.)

You can use this search form if you get confused while searching items. This should show decent and non-expensive shields.

http://poe.trade/search/ayasaretenomom

Belt

Spoiler

Pretty straight forward when belts are on the table.

Prioritized mods:

1-Corruption +1 to endurance charges.(If you have Voll's Devotion!)
2-Life
3-Resists
4-Flask Effect Duration / Reduced flask charges used / Increased flask charges gained

Again a search link for decent belts.(1C-10C+)

http://poe.trade/search/otatasiteyukas

Gloves
Spoiler

Prioritized mods:

1-Life
2-Resists
3-Attack Speed
4-Dexterity(If you need additional dexterity from gear to equip cospri's).
5-Corruption: Curse on Hit with elemental Weakness.(It won't be usefull if you are using warlord's mark that is why this is 5th priority.Of course you can pick this as a high priority if you are relying on vinktar's for leech.)

I don't think I can provide a search link that would cover all cases.

Boots
Spoiler

This is the boots we are going to use.

For the enchants:

Attack Speed for single target.

Leech when killed recently for general clear / stop relying on warlord's mark.

Stun avoidance when killed recently if you feel like your getting stunned a lot.(Shouldn't happen above 5k life.)

Helmet
Spoiler

Prioritized Mods:

1-Life
2-Accuary(If you don't have "Hit's can't be evaded"
3-Resists
4-Enchants

Desired Enchants:

Cyclone attack speed for damage.(You can also use discharge damage but it will provide less consistent damage than attack speed. Attack speed will also keep you alive because of procing discharge more often; with vaal pact/vinktars you can be almost immune to death except one shot.)

Discharge radius for Clear speed.

Rings
Spoiler

Prioritized Mods:

1-Life
2-Resists
3-Critical Strike Chance
4-Dexterity(If you need for cospri's)
5-Attack speed

Here is a decent ring search link:

http://poe.trade/search/eninakanitorot

Against Reflect:

You can also use "Sibyl's Lament" on left ring slot to deal with reflect. But be warned! If you are using Voll's devotion using this ring will lower your damage by a considerable amount since elemental equilibrium will no longer work.(The ring adds fire damage to your attacks.)

Jewel/s
Spoiler

I'll just post a search link for decent / good jewels. If you want to look for better jewels just increase the "count" meter.

http://poe.trade/search/enohamodenatik

However I will still give the preferred mods.

1-Attack speed(With swords / holding shield / global)
2-Critical strike chance(with swords / global)
3-Spell critical strike multiplier(Elemental / Cold / fire / lightning / holding shield)
4-Life(This is least preferred because it can appear on red jewels which limits the opportunity of getting other kinds of boosts like critical strike multi. or attack speed with swords.
5-Corruption: Cannot be cursed with silence.(Not necessary but good counter against an annoying mechanic in the game. You cannot cast on critical strike when you are cursed with silence.)

My Current Gear

Spoiler

As you can see some pieces are pretty bad but still the build performs extremely well.

Gems/Links

Spoiler

4-L SHIELD CHARGE
Spoiler

1-Shield Charge
2-Faster Attacks
3-Increased Critical Strikes(For clear speed, if you feel like your dealing critical anyway you can use culling strike etc. on this slot.
4-Fortify

4-L HERALD OF ICE
Spoiler

1-Herald Of Ice
2-Onslaught
3-Increased Duration
4-Increased Area Of Effect(Not necessary)

Why am I using this instead of assasins mark or other support auras?

This gives me ability to get rid of onslaught flask and equpid a quicksilver flask for even more clear speed. Of course you can try other setups, this one gave the best result for my playstyle.

4-L CURSE SETUP
Spoiler

First setup is blasphemy for clear speed. It also allows you to run another 2 link self cast buffs.

1-Blasphemy
2-Warlord's Mark / Assasin's Mark / Elemental Weakness
3-Enlighten / Another 2 Link Self Cast Blood Rage, Golem

Second setup requires no aura reservation for bosses.

1-Orb Of Storms
2-Brutality
3-Curse On Hit
4-Assasin's Mark / Elemental Weakness

This setup makes sure it doesn't breaks the elemental equilibrium since brutality means orb of storms deals 0 damage but still curses on hit with the desired curse.

5-6L CYCLONE SETUP
Spoiler

1-Cyclone
2-Faster Attacks
3-Increased Critical Strikes
4-Cast on Critical Strike
5-Discharge

Why we use a second discharge? This way we make sure we aren't limited by the internal cooldown of a single discharge.(If you equip multiple discharges to your cospri's and realise you are discharging more that means you have either too much crit chance or too much attack speed.Both cases is not ideal.)
Second discharge is not necessary but it will be a great damage boost if you have the issue I adressed above.

3-L COSPRI'S SETUP
Spoiler

1-Discharge
2-Conc Effect / Inc. Area Of Effect
3-Controlled Destruction / Elemental Focus(If you aren't using herald of Ice Setup. Controlled destruction is still probably the best in slot here.)

3-L CWDT SETUP
Spoiler

1-Cast When Damage Taken
2-Summon Ice Golem (Scion needs 2 golems in this CWDT slot so it might not be able to use blood rage.)
3-Blood Rage/Phase Run(Preference up to user's taste.)

Pantheon Powers/Reflect
Spoiler

As for pantheon powers you are free to choose any of the major gods you want.

However for minor gods we need "Soul Of Yugul" to make sure we can stand nemesis reflect mods.

As for reflect-defence there is no magical recipe that will allow you to face tank any kind of mob with nemesis reflect mod. However you can reduce the damage taken by Vinktar's or "Sibyl's Lament" ring.

The best thing you can do against reflect is to approach with caution when you see a mob with ele reflect, instead of cycloning inside of it and risk dying for no actual reward.

Last bumped on Sep 14, 2017, 7:13:58 PM
Hey I am going a similar build this league, good advice overall but there are a couple things I would disagree on. Also I think it's great you gave multiple options on gear choice/trees/leveling, wish I had seen all this a couple weeks ago haha. First is that I think the 30% chance not to consume charges enchant is better than cyclone attack speed. Being at max charges already for another discharge gives you even more crit chance/crit multi/spell damage, where as if you reset to 0 and don't hit that inya's boost on the first crit you don't have that bonus. Second I don't think you should travel all the way down the tree on the left side for that endurance charge, it doesn't give you enough damage to justify traveling all that way especially considering those juicy life nodes you could hit or other crit/accuracy nodes on shadow side of tree. Let me know if/why you disagree with the above or any of my gear/tree choices, this is my first time ever playing discharge so I'm learning as I go and would really appreciate more feedback.

Also I know my Gem setup is weird atm, have just been trying some different aura's/curses/cast when damage taken occurs

Tree:https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBLMHHgj0DdEOSA-rEJIRLREvEZYWvxewGjgbyBzcIG4i9CM2JIsmlScvKPoqCyo4KwosnC3SMjIy0TWSNj06WDrhPAU9X0GHRUdFfElRSotMs03jUDBSU1MQVUtVxl3yX7Bh4mKsY0NmVGpDbAtsjG0ZbWxvnnBSfIN_xoGvgpuCx4MJg9uExYV7hX2J04w2jxqQVZMnlS6XlZeXl_SYrZo7m7WcpJ2qn9-hL6IAplexBbQ4tz64k7jQvG-86r6KwGbDOspKz93QH9i92YbaOtte44TlGevu7DjvfO_r8B_w1fGK8kX56Pv1_gr-jw==?accountName=CoolDown&characterName=Discrit

Last edited by CoolDown on Aug 23, 2017, 9:17:38 PM
Hello everyone. Autor, can you tell me why you are use this combo:
herald of ice > onslaught > increased duration. Why increased duration ? What are you want increase ? Onslaught effect will not be increased
"
CoolDown wrote:
Hey I am going a similar build this league, good advice overall but there are a couple things I would disagree on. Also I think it's great you gave multiple options on gear choice/trees/leveling, wish I had seen all this a couple weeks ago haha. First is that I think the 30% chance not to consume charges enchant is better than cyclone attack speed. Being at max charges already for another discharge gives you even more crit chance/crit multi/spell damage, where as if you reset to 0 and don't hit that inya's boost on the first crit you don't have that bonus. Second I don't think you should travel all the way down the tree on the left side for that endurance charge, it doesn't give you enough damage to justify traveling all that way especially considering those juicy life nodes you could hit or other crit/accuracy nodes on shadow side of tree. Let me know if/why you disagree with the above or any of my gear/tree choices, this is my first time ever playing discharge so I'm learning as I go and would really appreciate more feedback.

Also I know my Gem setup is weird atm, have just been trying some different aura's/curses/cast when damage taken occurs

Tree:https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBLMHHgj0DdEOSA-rEJIRLREvEZYWvxewGjgbyBzcIG4i9CM2JIsmlScvKPoqCyo4KwosnC3SMjIy0TWSNj06WDrhPAU9X0GHRUdFfElRSotMs03jUDBSU1MQVUtVxl3yX7Bh4mKsY0NmVGpDbAtsjG0ZbWxvnnBSfIN_xoGvgpuCx4MJg9uExYV7hX2J04w2jxqQVZMnlS6XlZeXl_SYrZo7m7WcpJ2qn9-hL6IAplexBbQ4tz64k7jQvG-86r6KwGbDOspKz93QH9i92YbaOtte44TlGevu7DjvfO_r8B_w1fGK8kX56Pv1_gr-jw==?accountName=CoolDown&characterName=Discrit

Im not the smartest but the use of EE confuses me here. Cospris and HoI add Cold dmg to pretty much everything which means you dont get a rotation of which element the mobs are weak to or am I getting something wrong here?
"

Im not the smartest but the use of EE confuses me here. Cospris and HoI add Cold dmg to pretty much everything which means you dont get a rotation of which element the mobs are weak to or am I getting something wrong here?

Because your cyclone hits before Cospri's or CoC proc.
Basically :

Hit with cold damage > -50% res fire/lightning > Discharge.
And it loops.
"
Arhyuu wrote:
"

Because your cyclone hits before Cospri's or CoC proc.
Basically :

Hit with cold damage > -50% res fire/lightning > Discharge.
And it loops.

Ah, there we go, thanks for clarification

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info