3.1 Support Champion Bard



Pro
+ Everyone loves a support.
+ Easy to start up.
+ Anyone useing ice and or lightning damage is going to have a good time.
+ Makes boss fights faster easyer and safer.
+ Curse choices are very flexible.
+ Can run any map mods your party can run.
+ No auras to cast if you don't want any.
+ Can have 4-6 curses on hit.
+ And if somehow you have an Aura bot on the same team... damage for days.
Con
- It's a support.
- Requires 4 unique 2 are the same ring.
- Any one using fire damage is going to have a bad time.
- Do Zero damage on your own.
- (If the new reflects mechanic stays as is this is no longer a con maybe it's even a pro.) The reflects elemental damage start to jump up as in more damage in more comes out.
- When leveling from 1-38 you are doing mostly nothing.
- and the biggest one of all.
Spoiler

PASSIVE TREE

40 Points

56 points

81 Points

Full Tree

Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics are the first Goal because you will still be under level 38 and whisper of doom not too helpful and you can just supplement that node with the two rings.

BANDIT REWARD
we're going to kill them all (or someone going to do it for you.) Because none of the stats they give you help with this build.

NODES

Going for Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics as well as Mind Over Matter to help keep us safe from big hit and for the price da residence Avatar of Fire and Elemental Equilibrium for the damage boost to ice and lightning damage.

ASCENDANCY

Normal = Inspirational
"
Gives 35% increased Damage. More damage for everyone.

Cruel = Conqueror
"
Conqueror 25% to Taunt on Hit keeps mobs off your team.

Merciless = Worthy Foe
"
Worthy Foe Enemies you Taunt take 20% increased Damage so sing them a nice song.

Eternal = First to Strike, Last to Fall
"
First to Strike, Last to Fall Most of the time you should hit the mobs first before your team does witch would add debuff "intimidate" on them if the mob is on full life witch they would take 10% increased damage.

GEAR
Spoiler



Spoiler
Going to use Cospri's Will for the Additonal Curse Plus the ability to apply curses to mobs who are Hexproof.

The rings are just for the Additonal Curse.

The Lochtonial Caress lets you share any Charge you gain with your nearby allies, which is going to be very easy with frenzy and Enduring Cry.

The Quill Rain is used for the attack speed + 2 mana gained on hit and the low price. a four-link is all you need till you get a six link chest.

The Leer Cast is optional if resistances are over 75%, but it is a nice 15% increase damage. That plus the 35% increased damage you get from Inspirational is a strong 50% damage.

TheSharktooth Arrow is used for the +4 life gained on hit as well as Resistance as well as for the belt Amulet and boots with any Movement Speed.

The Writhing Jar is the only unique flask I use for the enemy spawn to get some more hits out for the life and mana.

The Omen of the Winds is used for the Pierces 3 Additional Targets
And for the Tabula Rasa is is a good leveling item and it still works fine.
can be used as well but you will need a six link bow as well as a six link chest.


GEM LINKS
All skill are listed.

Helm Enduring Cray - increased duration Support - Vaal Grace - INcreased Area of Effect Support.

Gloves phase Run - Cast when Damage taken - Increased Duration - Immortal Call.

Boots frenzy - Blink Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Blind.

and for the bow and chest Ice Shot - Curse on Hit - Greater Multiple Projectiles- with any curse you and your party needs.
P.S color your bow and chest with 3 blue and 3 green so you can swap you curses around when needed.


CREDITS

[Removed by Support]



And of course, you can fit the theme and make your bow look like a harp as well.

First time making a guide and may have missed some stuff if you want to any about the build just ask.

P.S I didn't play this build yet in 3.1 because didn't have a group so maybe the Elder and Shaper items could replace some stuff, but I don't know myself.
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Feb 20, 2018, 5:08:18 PM
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2018, 10:24:03 AM
Maybe I will try to help you with your build. I will keep you updated with my progress but not with leveling since I respec my Character :) Im lazy when it comes to leveling.
Hi,
I really like the Idea of a Range Champion Support.
Do you think it is possible to get some way of DMG as well? It should be able to do something,...

I was thinking about Mirrow Arrow, more Clones more DMG? And if they would taunt aswell this would be huge,...

So what I search for atm: Bow Based ranged support!
Either Duelist or Scion with Champion/???
"
Completed 5 ChallengesAlienbutter wrote:
Hi,
I really like the Idea of a Range Champion Support.
Do you think it is possible to get some way of DMG as well? It should be able to do something,...

I was thinking about Mirrow Arrow, more Clones more DMG? And if they would taunt aswell this would be huge,...

So what I search for atm: Bow Based ranged support!
Either Duelist or Scion with Champion/???

I really don't think this build would work on Scion mostly because of the Champion node most of the passives she gets won't help or is a super weaker version and the only other node I think would help as a support would be the guardian but even then the node make you work around auras for a 1%phy damage reduction per aura.

The clone dmg could be a thing but you would have to invest into minions damage and skill duration to have those clones last long enough to do damage. Plus I don't know if you can make a mirror arrow build anymore because of the way traps were changed. you used to be able to throw multiple traps at once and had 3 charges but now its only one trap and one charge.
Last edited by xxdeadrose on Jun 2, 2018, 2:52:38 PM
I've decided to make a support champion build and i've came up with this variation of build. https://pastebin.com/MBxKLfn6 It has 6 auras, 3-4 curses depending on amulet corruption and victario chest for insane aura effect. Also has EE through a ring crafted damage and 7k life. The only drawback i can see is lack of curse immunity penetration due to not wearing cospri. What are your thoughts about it?
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
"
Completed 6 ChallengesKek_is_love wrote:
I've decided to make a support champion build and i've came up with this variation of build. https://pastebin.com/MBxKLfn6 It has 6 auras, 3-4 curses depending on amulet corruption and victario chest for insane aura effect. Also has EE through a ring crafted damage and 7k life. The only drawback i can see is lack of curse immunity penetration due to not wearing cospri. What are your thoughts about it?

the only 2 things I see that are off to me is the tornado shot and no avatar of fire.
The reason I say tornado shot is off/weird/bad is I see you're using like 4 jewels with + 2 to mana on hit to keep up your mana I believe, I pick ice shot and it's threshold jewel to overstep that problem. Plus it has a small bonus of putting chilling ground on the floor to slow them down just a little bit more.
And I put avatar of fire on mine just so the build can play with more builds because if your party and/or you are using any ele aura it will force you to put EE of the same ele your bing buff with.
But overall, I do think your build is more well rounded and probably dose far far more than mine does.
When I made this build I didn't really see any builds working on debuffing the mobs so I wanted to try and make one.
I always thought my build was more of a meme build so I just push the theme of the build as far as I could and have it pretty cheap as well and I
think it came out ok. But this seems more of a legitimate and real build.

(Afterthought) you could take out lighting golem and put in animate guardian and have Dying Breath, Leer Cast, and Ambu's Charge but depending on how fast your team is it may not be worth running animate guardian (and I never used it b4 so I don't know how good it is outside of a summoner build)
Last edited by xxdeadrose on Sep 3, 2018, 9:25:59 AM
"
Completed 4 Challengesxxdeadrose wrote:
"
Completed 6 ChallengesKek_is_love wrote:
I've decided to make a support champion build and i've came up with this variation of build. https://pastebin.com/MBxKLfn6 It has 6 auras, 3-4 curses depending on amulet corruption and victario chest for insane aura effect. Also has EE through a ring crafted damage and 7k life. The only drawback i can see is lack of curse immunity penetration due to not wearing cospri. What are your thoughts about it?

the only 2 things I see that are off to me is the tornado shot and no avatar of fire.
The reason I say tornado shot is off/weird/bad is I see you're using like 4 jewels with + 2 to mana on hit to keep up your mana I believe, I pick ice shot and it's threshold jewel to overstep that problem. Plus it has a small bonus of putting chilling ground on the floor to slow them down just a little bit more.
And I put avatar of fire on mine just so the build can play with more builds because if your party and/or you are using any ele aura it will force you to put EE of the same ele your bing buff with.
But overall, I do think your build is more well rounded and probably dose far far more than mine does.
When I made this build I didn't really see any builds working on debuffing the mobs so I wanted to try and make one.
I always thought my build was more of a meme build so I just push the theme of the build as far as I could and have it pretty cheap as well and I
think it came out ok. But this seems more of a legitimate and real build.

(Afterthought) you could take out lighting golem and put in animate guardian and have Dying Breath, Leer Cast, and Ambu's Charge but depending on how fast your team is it may not be worth running animate guardian (and I never used it b4 so I don't know how good it is outside of a summoner build)
I've created that build for my buddy, who wanted to make a support and couldn't decide if he should go with necro or guardian, lol. The build i'm playing is very specific (RF BV obliteration slayer with hidden potential(basically works as inpulsa BV elementalist)), so i need a lot of generic damage from the support, not just ele auras. Anime guardian without minion life on tree dies way too often. And since we gonna play duo, i will drop hatred and grab HoP and Arctic armour for his EE to work. My latest Edit of aura build https://pastebin.com/HWUmjC9D and you can see what i'm playing atm in my profile.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
hey i liked the build and remembered this once banners were announced - with the change to inspirational ascendancy coming next league - what banners would you see most fit to add to this build or maybe even make the bard into a bannermen ?
cheers !
man I'm really late on replying but far as I see I've been running dread and I'm lvl 55 and I still get no stacks I don't know if I'm reading it wrong but it said it gives 20% chance to impale to gain a stack so the banners seem like they don't do too much on this build but let me get to end game and see what works or if putting on a banner is worth taking up a gem slot or it could be a bug that not procing the stack with such low dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info