The market will either inflate or will die, pick your poison

Simply out of virtue that the game does not reward actually using your currency and the odds are against you, giving an incentive for players to accumulate wealth and actually buy what they want.

So to anyone saying that breach and legacy was disastrous for the economy, do you know what else those leagues had?

People actually trading 2 months into the league.

Meanwhile in Harbinger you already need to PM at least 12 people in order to get something you want. Because people are busy watching nudes in facebook instead of actually playing the league.

BUT LOOK AT THE EXALT PRICE, IT'S SO MUCH CHEAPER.

Wow, and what are you going to spend them on when no one plays the game to produce valuable rares?

And it's not like the price won't inflate if you slam items but there's no "plebs" for you to buy exalts. There's only so much time that the flipping clique can sustain a value on their own without people dropping more.

Show me how T1 rares stopped being valuable 3 months into Legacy, then you might have a case that the market inflated too much. But you won't find such a case. You say it was a disastrous league for the market. The market begs to differ.

Meanwhile, if people stop playing harbinger 1 month in, then there will be no rares to be valuable to begin with.

So have fun slamming life regen with those cheaper exalts I guess.

I know which outcome I prefer when it comes to having a healthier league experience and it's not the one that involves spending 20 minutes of your time to buy a poorjoy's because people are so bored of the league already they don't even bother with selling what they actually listed for sale.
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 11:53:30 AM
You're helping.
Economy is still blooming HOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Exalts are cheap because they are not as useful as they were in legacy: ES nerf and ES ring enchants are gone.

Chaos however is booming and clearly the main currency of this league because of Zana and the return of her mods.

If you are going to talk economy please at least make some effort to understand the particularities of this specific economy. Comparing it to Legacy economy is like comparing apples and oranges.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
Exalts are cheap because they are not as useful as they were in legacy: ES nerf and ES ring enchants are gone.

Chaos however is booming and clearly the main currency of this league because of Zana and the return of her mods.

If you are going to talk economy please at least make some effort to understand the particularities of this specific economy. Comparing it to Legacy economy is like comparing apples and oranges.

If you are going to argue that more loot cripples the economy, then you should also make your case.

Since you have repeatedly stated that it's a good thing compared to breach and legacy in other threads, you have still not showcased how those economies flopped, since valuable items remained valuable for as long as players were playing.

Because the chaos is strong in this economy doesn't mean this economy is inherently better. Those are not mutually exclusive and you can't use one as the jumping point to the other.

The strength of the economy is shown on how much people are actually participating in it. And currently you need to go through more AFK sellers than ever before.
Last edited by Apos91 on Aug 19, 2017, 11:11:07 AM
"
Apos91 wrote:
"
Bone2flesh wrote:

If you are going to argue that more loot cripples the economy, then you should also make your case.

Since you have repeatedly stated that it's a good thing compared to breach and legacy in other threads, you have still not showcased how those economies flopped, since valuable items remained valuable for as long as players were playing.

Because the chaos is strong in this economy doesn't mean this economy is inherently better. Those are not mutually exclusive and you can't use one as the jumping point to the other.

The strength of the economy is shown on how much people are actually participating in it. And currently you need to go through more AFK sellers than ever before.

OK I'll answer to you on points because it seems hard for you to follow my answer property. Please stick to the tread at hand and refrain from sifting trough all my other posts as you can easily take things out of context if you choose to do so or don't understand the whole discussion.

1. I never argued that more loot cripples economy. No need to make a case there.

2. I have stated the Legacy was loot fest (that people stupidly got accustomed with instead of understanding it's a unique league) and NOT that Harbinger is better. It had nothing to do with Economy in the context I mentioned it.

3. I never stated those economies flopped. Putting words in my mouth is not okay and rather stupid considering anyone can read my post and see you are doing so.

I will say that while valuable items stay valuable they value depreciates with the more there are but also with the point in the league you buy them. There are many factors involved in the evolution of a League economy: rarity, popularity, amount of liquid currency (early league I bought a 6S Belly for 35 chaos but I sold it for 140 yesterday), point in time in the league (is it when many are re-rolling second builds), etc. many many more other factors.

4. I never said that the economy of this league is better because chaos is stronger. Again with the statements of things I never said - you really need to stop doing that just because you lack proper coherent arguments.

I simply explained what chaos is more valuable and why exalted devalued. While not mutually exclusive the two are the main currencies used for trade and the difference between the ratio in this league compared to others is tremendous (half the rates exalted went at this point in the league in legacy).

5. I agree that the economy is driven by players. This make me wonder what you are trying to buy considering I never went trough more than 3 players to get the item I want.

You keep saying I am comparing harbinger and Legacy. I am not.

The only statement I make is that Legacy was a special unique kind of league an that people are stupidly bound to it's loot fiesta mechanics. You being one of them.

Than again I see the tend you are following:

You dislike several things about 3.0 and harbinger (league mechanics, less loot, ES changes, Crit nerfs) and keep making new threads as your old ones die out because people disagree with you.

I guess this will be another one.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
i give 0 shits about an economy as it is the devil of this game and the maincause of people leaving the game for good.
None of this will happen. The same thing that has been happening will continue to happen with the "economy"

a small group of professional traders using 3rd party software to undercut humans and control the market is happening and will continue to happen. The people who control the markets also run the 3rd party RMT sites and price for fair in game trades accordingly.

Which is why its an absolute nightmare even getting a hold of people to trade, and when you do the price is ridiculous and often over whats advertised...making their RMT site so much easier than playing as intended.
just for try, for see and for know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info