Failed to create swap chain for Hwnd

Hi,

After less than an hour on the first window of the game (the one you chose your gateway and you have the Log in, Options, Credits, Exit buttons) I got this message of "Exception" :

------------------------------------------------------------
Exception

"Failed to create swap chain for Hwnd": In source code file: ..\Device\D3D11\DeviceD3D11.cpp at line 792,
Processing file: Failed to create swap chain for Hwnd
Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
Description: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

(OK)
--------------------------------------------------------------

For information, CPU: i7-6700K, GPU: GTX 1080, RAM: 32Go DDR4, OS: Windows 10.

Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 5:40:58 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Same. I got this error when playing today. Was fighting mobs when it happen.
Same thing, just got this bug today, tried reinstalling the game and changing graphics settings even, still same bug.
Ugh these graphic errors make the game unplayable, and didn't start happening until I reached act 6....sad...
error multi posted
Last edited by AndromedaDelux on Aug 17, 2017, 3:58:20 AM
Happened to me as well numerous times. Now in Act 6 its happening all the time after only playing a few seconds in the mud flats...
Just started playing the game today. Went a couple hours with no problems, but this error started coming up regularly and randomly, making the game nearly unplayable. I haven't had the crash playing dx9, but dx9 is unplayable for me (for a different reason). Everything else runs very well with dx11 except for this crashing.
Im getting this error too, i can't play even half an hour without crashing, sometimes the game breaks and I keep getting black screens every time a UI its rendered (when I open the options, the skill tree, or char sheet) and i have to restart my PC.

Plays on SSD, i3 2120, RX 460, 8GB RAM, Win 10 Pro. This is really annoying :/
same error when i try to alt+tab or trying to change option fullscreen to windowed
"
Yengeduymasin wrote:
same error when i try to alt+tab or trying to change option fullscreen to windowed

I have the same problem ...

SSD 500 GO
GTX 1060 OC 3Go
i5-7600K 3.80GHz
MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON Socket 1151
8GB 2133MHz DDR4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info