Game is frequently not responding (forever) during loadings

While the fact the game is not responding is frequent for me, here with the 3.0, it's the first time the CPU is used at 0% (max 2%) and it doesn't come back. Generally during a loading the game isn't responding but ~25% of the CPU is used (1 core) and after 2 to 60 seconds the area is loaded. Here even after 3/4 minutes, nothing.

I'm running on the DX9 version as the DX11 is unplayable since 2.5.2 patch. tried back w/ the 3.0 here and it's still not decently playable. Launch parameters are --waitforpreload --noasync for no stuttering and engine multithreading is disabled.

Conf : Core 2 Quad Q9400 @2.67Ghz, ATI 7870 2 Go, 8 Go RAM, Win7 x64.

There's nothing that showed up in the Client log apparently. I already had this issue 3 or 4 times. For Lioneye's Watch, the Ship Graveyard and Prisoner's Gate.

It may be related to the server issues, i don't know. I'll update this post if i get it once more. And if yes i'll stop playing for now.
Edit : Got it again 2 min after being in. Trying to load Lyoneye's Watch back. I'm done with PoE for now, can't play anymore since 3.0.
Last edited by Harest on Aug 4, 2017, 7:51:26 PM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2017, 7:18:27 PM
"
Harest wrote:
While the fact the game is not responding is frequent for me, here with the 3.0, it's the first time the CPU is used at 0% (max 2%) and it doesn't come back. Generally during a loading the game isn't responding but ~25% of the CPU is used (1 core) and after 2 to 60 seconds the area is loaded. Here even after 3/4 minutes, nothing.

I'm running on the DX9 version as the DX11 is unplayable since 2.5.2 patch. tried back w/ the 3.0 here and it's still not decently playable. Launch parameters are --waitforpreload --noasync for no stuttering and engine multithreading is disabled.

Conf : Core 2 Quad Q9400 @2.67Ghz, ATI 7870 2 Go, 8 Go RAM, Win7 x64.

There's nothing that showed up in the Client log apparently. I already had this issue 3 or 4 times. For Lioneye's Watch, the Ship Graveyard and Prisoner's Gate.

It may be related to the server issues, i don't know. I'll update this post if i get it once more. And if yes i'll stop playing for now.
Edit : Got it again 2 min after being in. Trying to load Lyoneye's Watch back. I'm done with PoE for now, can't play anymore since 3.0.

Hey,

Thank you for the report, and sorry for the trouble.

We're looking into the issue.

In the meantime, have you tried removing --waitforpreload --noasync from your launch parameters?
Also, please try using multithreading as well.
I am having the same issue and would like to post my specifications and what I have done to try to fix it. I am currently running on a Windows 10 64-bit OS, i7 3770k quad core, NVIDIA GTX 1080TI, 16 gb ram.

Things I have tried:
1. changed from direct 9x to direct 11. (didn't fix the problem)
2. turned off multithreading. (still crashes on or off)
3. reinstalled the game. (didn't fix anything)
4. turned off all loot filters. (didn't fix)
5. updated gfx drivers. (didn't fix)
6. delete'd minimap folder contents because why not. (felt like it took longer to crash but still crashed)
7. gave up because I can't think of anything else to do on my end.

Hopefully this information helps the dev's even a little bit.
Last edited by Mithology on Aug 4, 2017, 10:19:52 PM
I was having the same or similar issue where the program would stop responding while loading a new zone.

I was able to fix this issue by deleting the launch options in Steam, specifically --noasync. Note that the launch options remain in place even after uninstalling/reinstalling Path of Exile in Steam.

To remove the launch options in Steam:
-Right click on Path of Exile
-Select "Properties"
-In the General tab, click "Set Launch Options..."
-Delete any text in the box and click "Ok"
Thanks for the answer and looking into it.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
In the meantime, have you tried removing --waitforpreload --noasync from your launch parameters?
Also, please try using multithreading as well.

Just did and so far so good o/. From The Ship Graveyard to Southern Forest without any failed loading. Some stuttering at the beginning of each area but it was expected and relatively bearable atm.
I disabled engine multithreading several months ago (2017-02-04) while discussing w/ Chris.
"
Chris wrote:
I'll ask someone to check into this. By the way, I'd suggest removing -swa (it doesn't exist any more with the new audio engine) and --noasync (replace this one with turning off engine multithreading in the options screen). Please let me know if those help at all with the stuttering.
But since i had re-enabled --noasync (mainly to avoid stuttering, i don't know if the "disco artefacts" are still a thing) while keeping engine multithreading disabled, until your post and the changes a few dozens of minutes ago. Still in DX9 however w/ texture quality at 2 (modified in the production_config.ini ; it helps while killing packs to prevent too much fps drop).
Edit : It even seems stuttering from entering an area and moving right after it's loaded is gone, what is this sorcery ? o/. A little later : Still some but yeah, greatly better than anytime else. I remember it was supposed to be better in a "recent" update i think but i tried without much success. Here i clearly see a change.
Last edited by Harest on Aug 5, 2017, 12:24:39 AM
- i have no launch options
- tried all dx's , all window modes, all options
- tried 40 fps limit and borderless screen
- tried turn off veyrtualizing technology
- tried launch game on ssd and hdd
- tried everything.... GGG wtf?? can u fix this shit ?:( thats not normal that there are no reaction from u,even no post about this..
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
- i have no launch options
- tried all dx's , all window modes, all options
- tried 40 fps limit and borderless screen
- tried turn off veyrtualizing technology
- tried launch game on ssd and hdd
- tried everything.... GGG wtf?? can u fix this shit ?:( thats not normal that there are no reaction from u,even no post about this..

Hey,

Sorry that those solutions haven't helped you. We're working on fixing the root cause to this problem.
removing --nopreload
Deleting the entry "--noasync" in steam launch options made loading zones work for me again.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238960/discussions/0/1470841715943398770/

right-click on the game in the steam library --> properties --> set launch options.

Hope it helps.
A little update : While it was great yesterday, now i've "an unexpected disconnect" when i try to enter an area for the first time. But apparently there's several threads about it so i guess it'll be fixed soon.

Edit (2017-08-07 12:18 GMT+2) : Seems like i'm not "unexpectedly disconnected" anymore when i enter an area for the first time. At least for the last ones (5/6). I don't know if something has been done on the servers.
Last edited by Harest on Aug 7, 2017, 6:20:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info