3.0 Elementalist/Raider Doomfletch's Prism LA/TS/Barrage

Hello ascendants, this is a build in progress that seeks to utilize the new chance to bleed gem which adds a crazy amount of flat physical damage. This gem is a clear candidate for the bow that scales flat phys like no other, Doomfletch's Prism.

Most important thing about this build, TLDR:

1. Stack flat phys for damage - this means abyssus (rat's nest if you don't need it), iron/steel rings, drillneck
2. Elementalist/Raider ascendancy for nearly permanent onslaught, frenzies, and elemental conflux, used primarily to shock enemies for extra damage. You may notice that this build would just be better as a pathfinder and you are probably right, but we will need to see what happens with flasks in 3.0
3. You will have more damage than you will ever know what to do with, so take this newfound power in stride (and find ways to mitigate elemental reflect - elementalist does half the job)

Bandits
Spoiler
Alira or kill all (I think alira is a very good pick)

Tree
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/bmX1
I apologize for the pierce cluster being broken, the path of exile tree doesn't support 3.0 yet.
The new pierce cluster takes 3 nodes and gives +2 pierce (pierce is being reworked, but I'm confident about staying pierce). Also plan to test Heavy Draw pathing vs. Deadly Draw pathing. Our damage may be good enough that the attack speed is more valuable, will have to see and I am definitely open to suggestions.

Alternatively, if you have path of building, you can use this pastebin link to see the full 3.0 tree https://pastebin.com/jjMWniKe

NOTE: the claw nodes above acro will be converted using lioneye's fall. This cluster is WAY better than the bow clusters under acro. This node is optional, and could easily be replaced with jewels in 3.0 live. Unfortunately, beta lacks good jewels.

You will want to travel to ranger start while leveling to pick up proj nodes to level with bows. I would recommend standard LA/TS leveling

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Head to elementalist, then raider, and then when you do uber you can save yourself a ton of passive points by going to Path of the Ranger

Gear
Spoiler
Our Noble Phantasm

This bow is insane and will only get more insane come the new chance to bleed gem.
You may be wondering, "What makes this bow so great?"
There are so many great things about this bow: its implicit, crit chance, and attack speed. But, the thing that makes this bow insane for our build, and why we stack so much physical damage, is because of the final mod. That mod gives us 330% extra elemental damage based on our physical damage. The bow itself has a low physical dps, but with phys rolls on our gear and scaling on gems and the tree, we drastically increase that physical damage. This bow has insane damage.

Helmet

Abyssus provides insane flat phys, but does hinder defence. We have a little over 200% increased life from the tree not including jewels which could bump it to about 230%, so the choice to use abyssus/rat's nest/or a rare helm is up to you.

Quiver

In my opinion, pierce was made easier in 3.0 and I hope that I am right. Drillneck will give 1 pierce, so along with the pierce cluster we will have 3 pierces which should be more than sufficient to clear maps quickly and kill everything the game has to throw at us (that means you, Kitava)

Alternatively (and more expensively) you can get a very nice rare quiver with lots of flat phys, weapon elemental damage, crit multi, life, etc.

Chest

This part is up to you, but I would recommend a belly of the beast or a well rolled rare evasion chest

Amulet

Rare amulet with flat phys/stats/res/life/crit multi/weapon elemental damage, prioritize flat phys and crit multi heavily, as the tree lacks crit multi % but has many jewel sockets to cover it

Belt

Rare belt with stats/res/life/flask mod/weapon elemental damage as you need it

Rings

This is important: you will want to use iron rings with flat phys rolls to start, while filling in res, life, and weapon elemental damage if possible. Then, you will want to upgrade to steel rings with flat phys (this will be much more expensive) while filling in res, life, and weapon elemental damage if possible (very expensive)

Gloves

Eva rares (gripped if possible) with res, life, flat phys, whatever else you need (I tend to get alot of res and life on gloves if possible because I want my rings to have big phys rolls)

Boots

Eva rares with res, life, and movement speed. You could throw in some uniques such as voidwalkers (if you modify the piercing mechanics on the tree), brinerot whalers, atziri's step, etc. But, it will get very difficult to fill in resists while trying to get flat phys rolls on all your gear, so I would use this slot to do so.

Flasks
Along with The Wise Oak (VERY IMPORTANT), Dying Sun, and Vinktars Vessel as options

For most situations and mapping, I would aim to have a diamond flask, life flask, wise oak, atziri's promise, and quicksilver until I made the money to buy a dying sun or vinktars

Jewels

Rare Mods:
% Global Critical Strike Multiplier (PRIORITIZE CRIT MULTI HEAVILY, GET ON ALL JEWELS AND ON AMULET)
% Critical Strike Multiplier for Lightning Skills (this will only affect LA)
% Maximum Life
% Global Critical Strike Chance (not as important)
% Increased Physical Damage
% Attack speed/Attack speed with bows

Gems
Spoiler
Single target barrage: Barrage-Crit Strikes-WED-PPAD-Slower Projectiles-Chance to Bleed
(remove slower projectiles for 5L)

Map clear: LA-GMP-WED-PPAD-Crit Strikes-Chance to Bleed
(remove chance to bleed for 5L, only gets very good at a high level, and can supplement damage with phys rolls on gear until then)

Power charge generation:
Herald of Ice-Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark

CWDT: Immortal Call-CWDT-Increased Duration

Movement: Blink Arrow-Faster Projectiles-Faster Attacks

Auras: Grace-Enlighten-Herald of Thunder
(You cant afford to run 2 heralds and grace without a lvl 3+ enlighten, or if it means that much to you there is 12% reduced mana reserved in 4 points right under vaal pact)

Additionally, you could also go full herald (ice, thunder, ash) with no need for enlighten and drop the grace since it may not suit your interest

Videos
Spoiler
T11 Strand mapping with 4L and cheap gear (boss skip):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJv-cM8KtiI
It CAN kill bosses (atm t8-t9 feel ok) but with a 4L barrage I am pretty much forced to TP out for flasks due to increased boss hp. It is VERY noticeable.

Finished leveling at 90 in beta, it's going to be very strong in 3.0 but remains to be seen whether it's an equivalent or better option compared to Inquisitor or Pathfinder. On the top end, pathfinder should win and inquisitor is able to easily deal with resistances (no wise oak balancing shenanigans). This build is quite a bit faster due to frenzy charges and onslaught, so mapping feels very smooth. It comes down to what you want from the build.
Last edited by Subaquatic on Jul 24, 2017, 12:08:58 AM
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2017, 6:43:17 PM
Quick query; opened up the skill tree to peruse and noticed that there were a few nodes over at the scion area, the start, and then everything invested over near the ranger side yet no clear path on the tree from how you get from Scion area to Ranger. Is there a special way to do that or..?

Edit: Probably because I'm looking at the current skill tree and not 3.0. My bad.
Last edited by DoomedNecromancer on Jul 18, 2017, 9:49:37 AM
Do you have a pastebin for Path Of Building. Would solve the 3.0 tree issues.
"
Quick query; opened up the skill tree to peruse and noticed that there were a few nodes over at the scion area, the start, and then everything invested over near the ranger side yet no clear path on the tree from how you get from Scion area to Ranger. Is there a special way to do that or..?

Edit: Probably because I'm looking at the current skill tree and not 3.0. My bad.

I took the "Path of the Ranger" ascendancy to be able to invest points at the ranger starting area. I'm going to upload the path of building tree right now if you are able to use that software, and you will be able to see the unimpeded tree.

"
Fourohone wrote:
Do you have a pastebin for Path Of Building. Would solve the 3.0 tree issues.

Yep, I'll upload it now. The gear/gems are still WIP and I will update them when I get the chance.
Last edited by Subaquatic on Jul 18, 2017, 1:07:03 PM
What do you think about Deadeye passive instead raider?
"
Deoxesgames wrote:
What do you think about Deadeye passive instead raider?

Hey, Deadeye is a possible ascendancy choice and should increase upfront damage. The biggest problem with deadeye vs. raider is the fact that bow users don't have movement skills without cooldown/charges.

By choosing raider, we gain 10% flat movement speed, some extra defence, and pretty much permanent onslaught, which gives us another 20% movement speed and attack speed. Being on the ranger side of the tree also gives us frenzy charges for little investment (which we would take anyways), up to 6 charges which results in 24% MORE damage and 24% increased attack speed.

Because I believe that we will have enough damage because the bow is frankly broken, we don't need the upfront damage from deadeye and we would rather have the 30% increased movement speed and 20% attack speed.

If I find out that the damage is insufficient in high red maps (doing t10-11 with a 5L very easily without uber lab) I will consider trying deadeye, but I don't think that will be the case.
What different in this 2 bows Doomfletch's Prism, Royal Bow and Doomfletch, Royal Bow? Im stupid or they same?
"
Deoxesgames wrote:
What different in this 2 bows Doomfletch's Prism, Royal Bow and Doomfletch, Royal Bow? Im stupid or they same?

Doomfletch gives extra damage of a random element, Doomfletch's Prism gives extra damage of every element. It's a huge difference in damage.
Help me understand why the bleed gem is going to be useful here. Simply because it adds flat phys which converts to over 3x ele damage? Are there not better gems for this already? Are you actually anticipating the bleed to be an important component to the build?
"
joshrose wrote:
Help me understand why the bleed gem is going to be useful here. Simply because it adds flat phys which converts to over 3x ele damage? Are there not better gems for this already? Are you actually anticipating the bleed to be an important component to the build?

Yes, the chance to bleed gem is going to be used purely for the flat physical damage. It provides as much damage as an abyssus and provides much more damage with this particular bow than anything that would be the next best link, unless you have any suggestions as to what would be better. Bleed is not a component of this build, we only want the flat physical damage to scale the elemental damage done by the bow.
Last edited by Subaquatic on Jul 23, 2017, 11:57:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info