40/40 solely done in SSF Legacy! Here my journey

Hey everyone, AndonKavic here. Most of you might not know me as I haven't done anything noteworthy before now, nor have I contributed to the community in any way, so I've been off the radar pretty much. But since this is a big and unique achievement for me I like to finally share how I performed during a league. I will share some of my experience along with my characters and treasures I've made and found throughout this league. Please take a look wherever interests you! :)

The Story
Before this league started I planned to start in SSF and progress as much as I'd like to. I didn't have any goal in mind but I'd like to see how I performed on the ladder where people had a more equal playing field. I was always around top 20, sometimes 10 for a few days or weeks when a new league started, but it was always too difficult to pass the people on top who had lots of support from a group of people working together. So this was a great way for me to find out how I performed against others without support. I never planned to go for 100 but high enough to see where I would end. I was in 3rd place I think with 2nd just pass me and 1st way pass everyone a week after league start (I think) when I got really sick for a few weeks until I returned. At that time I had lost all motivation to continue pushing the ladder to I just started working on the challenges. I honestly didn't expect to see it through in SSF but I guess 40/40 happened there eventually.

The struggle with doing 40/40 as many of you might have guessed is the endgame grinds. Specifically killing 100 Breachlords in their domain. The other three parts of the challenge has so many factors that make them easier to complete compared to Breachlords that mostly only has one way to progress through. Here's my perspective on ways to complete and how hard each part is:

Spoiler
Killing Atziri 100 times is surprisingly easy. The amount of ways you can acquire sacrifice fragments are pretty nuts. You can randomly find Vaal side areas that gives a chance for a sac fragment from Vaal Vessels, killing bosses in corrupted maps, farming maps that drop 'Her Mask' divination cards, doing Vaults of Atziri for lots of sac fragments, running sac fragments in the map device for a new roll from the Vaal Vessels, and even killing Atziri herself for mortal fragments to go kill her in the Alluring Abyss for an additional kill! It might look hard at first glance as you have to consider that you need some 100 or less Sacrifice of Midnight fragments to do this, which is quite more rarer than the rest. Which isn't a problem since sacrifice fragments drop in such huge amounts anyway.

The other two Endgame grind parts are the easiest. 40 Shaper Guardian kills is not that hard as you get T16 maps more than enough. 100 Endgame Labyrinth runs isn't too bad with trials appearing commonly enough. There's also a chance to get a free additional run from the chests at the end too. There are two parts that isn't required to do. Doing the pale council runs 100 times and killing Rigwald 50 is pretty nuts. I didn't even consider those as killing a pale council member in part five of any of the chains I've heard doesn't count, and getting 5 different tier 3 talismans 50 times solo isn't really feasible.

And this is were we come to the hardest challenge to do in SSF for the easiest 40/40. To enter a Breachlords domain you need 100 splinters of one type. to do this 100 times you need 10,000 splinters, naturally. Actually around 10,000 and 10,495 or slightly more as you probably going to have some spare splinters when you're done. In my case I had to collect 10,258 before I was done. 100 splinters more if you consider one run that I failed when I lost my internet connection during it. The problem with getting splinters is that you need Breach Leaguestones for them to spawn, and with a pretty big pool of different leagues it can be hard to have active at all times. The only two ways I can think of for improving your splinter gains is to take bad leaguestones that you're never going to run and vendor them for hopes to get a Breach Leaguestone, and run high IIQ maps. I've looked though different forum and Reddit posts to find if there was any way I could improve it even more by considering if certain map mods increase the breach density or if certain maps always have great density, but didn't find any when I did.

So yeah that's pretty much it. This is the reason why many people who start in SSF progress to 38 or 39 before migrating or making a new character just to buy or get help completing the remaining challenges. I think I had killed around 15 Breachlords before I realized how bad this was going to be. But the feeling to actually go all the way to finish it is amazing. Also considering that I did it before the end date, so I could say I did it without the need of the league extension.

I'd like to thank everyone that rooted for me during all this. I don't think I would've done it if it didn't rewards anything in terms of overcoming a big personal achievement if nobody were to congratulate me in the end. I won't be doing this in 3.0 though, as I miss playing with friends. It was worth it nevertheless as it gave me a new perspective of the game and pride that I can carry with me in the future.

The Characters

Character Profile Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/andonkavic/characters

Spoiler
Character Name: Ando_Inquisitor_Legacy
Character Specific Link: http://poe-profile.info/profile/andonkavic/Ando_Inquisitor_Legacy

Stats on challenge completion:
Level: 98 63%
Play time: 9 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes, and 46 seconds
Deaths: 72

Gear:
Spoiler

Story: This was the character that I used for league start as a flameblast totem Inquisitor. I choose Inquisitor over Elementalist as I decided I was going to do something crazy and transition it over to Vaal Spark. I used it with flameblast totem until I killed Shaper and he dropped Voidwalkers and I got a decent enchantment on them. I then continued it by doing strands with shit gems until I ran out and had to make a new character that could clear endgame content to get more maps. That's when I made my HoWA character.

Spoiler
Character Name: Ando_HoWA_Legacy
Character Specific Link: http://poe-profile.info/profile/andonkavic/Ando_HoWA_Legacy

Level: 98 97%
Play time: 9 days, 3 hours, 57 minutes, and 21 seconds
Deaths: 45

Gear:
Spoiler

Story: This was my favorite character this league, even though I played one last league too. I choose to make a HoWA character as I didn't have that much gear to make something else. When I remembered I had two claws and two blessing I just said why not and started it with no other gear pieces to switch over too later, just the claws. So in a sense I got the rest of the gear in a ethical SSF way, kinda. I died with this character around 20 times at level 96-98 when I gave up on progressing occasionally. But then I continued leveling it so it would've maybe been 100 if I wasn't careless and died so often at those levels.

Spoiler
Character Name: Ando_VFB_Legacy
Character Specific Link: http://poe-profile.info/profile/andonkavic/Ando_VFB_Legacy

Level: 90 9%
Play time: 1 day, 4 hours, 20 minutes, and 19 seconds
Deaths: 17

Gear:
Spoiler

Story: At some point I wanted to make a Vaal Fireball character as I saw it often from the community and decided to make one utilizing IIQ and IIR. I made it to level 90 but stopped because I can only clear dried lake as clean as I would like clearing to be. I was close to finishing the challenges at this point so I played the other characters since I progressed too slow on this character. At it's current state it's a failure but might be decent or even very good if I throw better gear on it and level up the gems.

Special Moments:
Here's some screenshots I took that I find special in some way. I wish I took screenshots more frequently because there was many times things like this happened but I didn't save it:
Spoiler
When I finally finished a set of Agnerod staffs
Spoiler
Perandus Safe Some Cadiro Deal/Scam Didn't find a single Fertile Mind before getting 3 this way. Such an amazing Divination card :) A slam I did Best craft I did. Slammed hybrid then flat Unique strongbox with better than expected results Quad Midnight drop from Vaults of Atziri Got this a day before finishing all challenges, felt like a divine blessing from GGG Tinfoil hat moment
Last edited by AndonKavic on May 22, 2017, 7:12:34 AM
Last bumped on May 23, 2017, 2:44:52 PM
The Loot
With 20 days of playtime one should expect a nice stash brimmed with loot! Here all the items I've found that I think might be interesting for you to see:

Most Stuff:
Spoiler
miscellaneous items of value
Spoiler

Uber Atziri:
Spoiler

Shaper:
Spoiler

Legacy:
Spoiler

All 6-links:
Spoiler
Fused:

Found:

From Divination Cards:

Breachlord Blessings:
Spoiler

Spare Gems:
Spoiler

Gems that didn't make it:
Spoiler

Greatwolf Talismans:
Spoiler

All HoWAs I've found:
Spoiler

Divination Cards:
Spoiler
and

Rest:
Spoiler

Essences:
Spoiler

Maps:
Spoiler

And here's my currency tab:
Spoiler

You can go here to see most tabs in a pretty unorganized matter: http://poe-profile.info/profile/andonkavic/stashes

The Stats
I would like to end this thread with some statistics on the various things I tracked. They shouldn't be over the values I've listed but they might be under as I sometimes forgot to update them on the go. Here is a few for now. Will add more later:
Spoiler

Exalted orbs found: 32 + 1 from cadiro
Reliquary keys found: 28
Diviner strongboxes found: 48 (might have forgotten some)
Divine orbs found: Didn't track don't care
6-links found: 4
6-links made: 8
Uber Atziri kills: 5 + 1 spare set for later
Shaper kills: 11 + 2 spare sets for later
Chayula kills: 5 I think didn't track
Spare perandus coins: 38,547
Time spent ingame: 20 days, 0 hours, 14 minutes, and 26 seconds
Days from 0/40 to 40/40: ~79 days
Times I took a break for multiple days: 2 + 1 when I got sick

Follow-up
Since I got the Legacy RotC and two +1 arrow Drillnecks to choose from I'm going to continue play some more. Aswell as almost reaching 99 and having some spare sets to complete. I'll post the results I find interesting here:
Spoiler
The day after
Spoiler
4 Strands Later:
Uber Atziri Kill:
Spoiler

Shaper kill #1:
Spoiler

Shaper Kill #2 wait what?

23/05/17 | Fusing session!
Spoiler
Item #1 Item #2 Item #3 Stats
Spoiler
Item #1: 80 Jeweller's orbs, 2,780 Fusings.
Item #2: 95 Jeweller's orbs, 445 Fusings.
Item #3: 372 Jeweller's orbs, 757 Fusings.
Total currency spent: 547 Jeweller's orbs, 3,982 Fusings.

Gems that I vaaled. "I didn't ask for this"
Spoiler

25/05/17 | Crafting Session
Spoiler
Spent ~2,500 alts, ~40 regal and 9 exalts and ended up with these:

Last edited by AndonKavic on Jun 7, 2017, 12:26:40 AM
wow, congratulations, you played a ton and your success and time investment is showing. I always tried to get my hands on a Xoph's ammy and a Tukohama shield, but those are quite expensive.
Will you go for 40/40 SSF again in 3.0 ?
"
wow, congratulations, you played a ton and your success and time investment is showing. I always tried to get my hands on a Xoph's ammy and a Tukohama shield, but those are quite expensive.
Will you go for 40/40 SSF again in 3.0 ?

Thank you! :)

I'm currently not planning to do SSF again. This was more of a one time thing. I have convinced a lot of my friends to give the game a second chance in 3.0 as their new player experience wasn't that great even though they know this is a great game it they take their time with it. Since the new player experience is going to be vastly improved I'm sure that they will stick this time. But I have to be there to help them more directly. I also believe that many players are missing me in my guild. We are a group oriented guild after all.
Finished adding everything I could think of. Thanks everyone for reading through it! Hope you enjoyed it and got answers to some questions you always wondered. :)
Congratulations. That is a real masochistic achievement.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I am proud of you, son.
holy ....

this is jaw-dropping, congratulations man!
i just dont understand how in solo selfound you have made so much currency wich i havent ever done in any temp league its just mindblown for me am i that bad?
Last edited by NukeFonKillazz on May 22, 2017, 1:41:18 PM
Awesome work man! I'll never do that shit lol
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info