Please remove Labyrinth (or give another way to gain ascendancy)

Labyrinth is not fun, and the second and third stages of the Izaro fight are frequently inconsistent with the difficulty level (I have a build that can clear T5 bosses but not merciless Izaro.) With that in mind it's pretty dumb that Labs are a barrier to gaining ascendancy points.

I'm probably bad at the game, and that's OK with me, but if I wanted to restart content after every death then I would've played hardcore.
Last edited by gzvirax on May 6, 2017, 6:28:19 AM
Last bumped on May 8, 2017, 8:55:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
gzvirax wrote:
I'm probably bad at the game, and that's OK with me, but if I wanted to restart every time I died I would've played hardcore.

Well, if you could just zerg the boss, the encounter would definitely be less challenging.
But you have done cruel Lab, right ? So you at least somewhat know the mechanics already I guess, do you know the different patterns to not make it stronger ? ( since you are talking about the second and third stages specifically ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
gzvirax wrote:
It's not fun, and the second and third stages of the Izaro fight are frequently inconsistent with the difficulty level (I have a build that can clear T5 bosses but not merciless Izaro.) With that in mind it's pretty dumb that Labs are a barrier to gaining ascendancy points.

I'm probably bad at the game, and that's OK with me, but if I wanted to restart content after every death then I would've played hardcore.

is it ok for turtledove to add you to the list of players not content with the lab?
Joined 2012 and just started posting today with two post against the lab. Totally not smelling fishy here. Nope, no brigading with alt accounts. Totally legit.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
Joined 2012 and just started posting today with two post against the lab. Totally not smelling fishy here. Nope, no brigading with alt accounts. Totally legit.

BS.

This guy/gal has been happily going along for 5 years without using the forum. The crappy frogger sim was enough to break his silence. He hates the garbage that much.

You dingbats should shove it with your alt account nonsense.
"
gzvirax wrote:
It's not fun, and the second and third stages of the Izaro fight are frequently inconsistent with the difficulty level (I have a build that can clear T5 bosses but not merciless Izaro.) With that in mind it's pretty dumb that Labs are a barrier to gaining ascendancy points.

Hi gzvirax, thank you for voicing your opinion on the dumb labyrinth. I've added you to the list of people that have voiced similar opinions in this forum, at number 767. As the list grows longer our voices grow stronger. Over 310 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 760 posters in support

Last Visited:
May 5, 2017

Total Forum Posts:
2 (0 posts per day)

gzvirax, you have been playing PoE longer than most people. I wish that I'd starting playing PoE way back then because then I would have been able to play this great game more before it got ruined by labyrinth. I now play Diablo 3 instead of PoE. I'm hoping that GGG fixes PoE by the time I get tired of D3. D3 is a great game also but it lacks the depth of PoE to keep me hooked like PoE has. Anyway I read the other post you made and see that you too might be trying to find another game. Grim Dawn is another game you might like to try?

"
Mythabril wrote:

The obvious explanation is that gzvirax hit the end of his rope on PoE in large part because of the bad game play style in the labyrinth and so decided to finally voice his opinion on the forum.

If you don't like the obvious explanation though here let me suggest a more interesting (but ridiculous) theory. gzvirax is the alt account of a GGG employee that is really dedicated to PoE and is concerned about how bad Labyrinth is for the game and so he decided make his personal feelings known on the forum.

I suspect that wasn't the theory you were thinking but I encourage you to share your theory.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
That the usual suspects immediately pop in is neither suspicious. Nope. They just happen to be around.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
That the usual suspects immediately pop in is neither suspicious. Nope. They just happen to be around.

Your here so is that a confession?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Mythabril wrote:
Shovelcut alt detected :)
Frustration is what happens when your perceived expectations do not meet reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info