[2.6] "Tanky" Lightning to Fire Shrapnel Shot | Jugg / Slayer | WIP!

I know people have kicked around ideas for a tanky bow build for a while. They've become easier to build especially with Ascendancy additions and new items/etc. The image of a heavily armored, unstoppable bow user blasting stuff at close range with a pseudo-shotgun just oozes cool for me, despite how impractical/sucky it is.

My idea (in case it hasn't been done already) is to go Life, and to use Shrapnel Shot's new threshold jewels and coupling it with a tanky ascendancy while converting 100% to fire damage via Aspect of Fire.

Obvious choices are Juggernaut for armor and endurance charges and stun immunity ... and Champion for fortify. Then there is the more offensive Slayer.... And possibly Berserker or Inquisitor? This is likely low on clear speed, and I know armor isn't so great right now.... but you can search for Mathil's Pathfinder Shrapnel Shot for something better/faster.

Since I'm too casual/noob/F2P to actually acquire the more expensive uniques/well rolled rares, I thought it'd be fun to outline everything here. I don't have Path of Building and can't install it on this pc, so this is probably a lolzerodps shit build, but feel free to comment.

Pros
+ Lots of life
+ Decent fire penetration
+ Good against physical damage
+ Stun immune

Cons
- Lots of points spent on traveling
- Not CI/ES build (lol?)
- Not enough double-dipping stats picked up(which will go away in 3.0)
- Basically a melee build
- Less defense against elemental damage/status ailment/ground
- Less move/attack speed
- Xoph's Blood (semi-expensive) is extremely good for this build
- Reflect damage could be a problem

From the passive tree
* Aspect of Fire - Converts 50% of phys to fire (leftover dmg from Shrapnel Shot), Converts 50% of lightning to fire (the lightning dmg from Shrapnel shot)
* Ele Overload, Iron Grip, Point Blank
* Lots of life - 200+% increased maximum life
* Lava Lash and new Primeval Force for resistance penetration
* Duelist mana/life leech
* 4-6 jewel sockets
* Shrapnel Threshold jewels (placed at Scion resist slot, Duelist slot, Ranger slot, or slot between Ranger and Duelist) 6-8 endurance charges
* Passive tree at 89 - http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAN8ROwBtxq4LYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZkVHMtHr7prgRZ1TUqcI2CRWSDpSvJ8YkfxLFE2GYCKvOFN252FS705eE0Cgeu8FLXTtIWB08RjbFHWkwtrBdcvqYr6nZU29Nkd-PC3-Cti98kU64aZXg18yfjzvGF1Gt9Nvj2B311b6fyswfI19I_ZNklFHN9TtP5LQEuH9bo25ePl-3TWSTeP-j18_FCDvDlBHrj5nm-RR9kiMzz38WGPG2MT2cqn3MuoYdqzPfvjr891oZbvtkc4Ucdl8ggcOPLc-g8xDMbe2jX4AAAAAAA==

Ascendancy - (Can't ever tell apart the Juggernaut notables......)
+1 Endurance Charge, chance for max endurance charges, 1000 accuracy, can't be stunned

Bandits
Life, Attack speed, Endurance/Frenzy

Links
* Shrapnel Shot - WED - Faster Attacks - Inc AOE/Conc Effect - (Phys Proj/Slower Proj/Ele Focus/Fire Pen/GMP) if you have 5/6 link
* Orb of Storms - Inc. Crit Strike - Curse on Hit - Flammability (uptime on Ele Overload)
* Blink Arrow - Faster Attacks - Frenzy, Enduring Cry (if you want frenzy charges)
* Herald of Ash, Haste/Anger/Purity of Fire/Determination, Vaal Haste, Blood Rage/Ice Golem,
* Extra sockets/links if not using Kaom's

Gear
Weapon - Chin Sol, maybe Doomfletch Prism or Xoph's Nurture, maybe rare?
Quiver - Drillneck, Rearguard, Rare
Chest - Kaom's Heart, Brass Dome (for flavor/theme), rare
Gloves - Winds of Change, rare, maybe Empire's Grasp or Veruso's
Boots - Rare, Death's Door
Helmet - Obscurantis (for flavor/theme), rare, maybe Abyssus
Belt - Rare, new Belt of the Deceiver, Doryani's Invitation,
Neck - Xoph's Blood
Ring - Opal/Resist/Steel Rare
Ring - Opal/Resist/Steel Rare

Flasks
Bleed Life, Life/Ruby/Rumi's/Basalt/OP Flask, Freeze Quicksilver, Wise Oak, Atziri's Promise

Rares - (aside from life and resists as needed to hit the cap)
* rings - increased ele damage with weapons/life/added flat damage; %fire damage/accuracy/attack speed/resists
* amulet - life/increased ele damage with weapons/flat added damage; %fire damage/accuracy/resists/global crit chance
* quiver - life/increased ele damage with weapons/flat added damage; attack speed/accuracy/resists/global crit chance
* belt - life/increased ele damage with weapons/armor; resists/flask charges/flask effect
* gloves - life/added flat damage/armor; attack speed/accuracy/resists
* boots - life/move speed; resists
* helmet and chest - life/armor;resists

Optional Damage
Lioneye's Fall placed at Duelist Area - not enough passive points?

Alternatives Classes
Slayer - I think this one is potentially better in practice than Juggernaut
+ More damage, cull, onslaught, AoE, and leech
+ stun immune basically
- Need accuracy if you want ele overload, less life and defenses

Champion
+ Fortify and taunt/intimidate debuffs
- Not stun immune, either Kaom's Roots or from passive tree?
- Need accuracy, less endurance charge

Berserker
+ a lot more damage
- Needs points to path to vaal pact

Inquisitor (non-crit)
+ extra life regen from consecrated ground (if you like regen as defense)
+ more attack speed
+ elemental defensive aura
Last edited by ellsworth81 on Apr 27, 2017, 8:11:24 AM
Last bumped on May 9, 2017, 8:08:14 PM
Any Video?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info