Regal Orb Crafting Confusion

I recently started crafting a new gemini claw to upgrade. I started with a magic base using alts to roll the first mod I wanted. Today I as lucky enough to get an emperors prefix ( 79% phys + acc) and a dexerity suffix. Seeing this I decided to regal it. The odd thing is that when I used my regal orb which consumed both regal orbs in the stack ( I did a quick regal recipe beforehand) and upgraded my prefix to 120% physical and 123 acc. Oddly the weapon went rare with 2 mods.

After this confusing outcome I decided to exalt the weapon to get another mod and then Vagan the last weapon mod on ( even at 3 mods it would have been a slight upgrade to the claws I have). The problems comes into play when I go to Vagan on another prefix and the sharpening wheel says i am full of prefixes. I only have 3 mods though ( physical % + accuaracy, mana, and dexerity). I should be able to put another prefix on. At this point I am completely confused.

1. Using one regal orb on my magic weapon consumed both of my regals

2. Instead of adding a third mod it upgraded my Emperors physical % / acc mod

3. I can't even find the Kraken mod it was upgraded to on the affix chart.

4. I have 4 modifiers on my weapon but they only count as 3 affixes. (physical + acc, mana , dex)

I am at a loss here. I wasn't under map effects, prophecy, dark shrine etc so I don't know what could have triggered these events. I also didn't miss click my only divine orb. Hoping someone who crafts a lot could help me figure this out.

Image of the Claw:

Spoiler

Last bumped on Apr 23, 2017, 5:01:32 PM
You didn't "uprade" your mod... you had a hybrid mod. The second mod had the same effect, so it didn't appear as a new line, but as a higher total.
So it added about 50% physical damage 20ish accuracy and gave it to me as a combine mod for the price of 2 regals? Is this outcome always a Kraken mod? I can't find it on the wiki or the main game item affix page.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rare_Item_Name_Index
This is your Kraken 'mod'.

No clue why it used 2 Regals, maybe you overlooked something.

What happened was this:

1. You managed an Emperor's prefix, (69% + 123 Acc).
2. You also got Dex as a suffix.
3. You Regal'd it and got Serrated prefix for 51% phys dmg. Req. Lv. 11 (50-64)% increased Physical Damage
4. You thought it upgraded your Emperor prefix's phys% by insane number instead, while actually it added another prefix with phys%. It's just showing a one bigger number. A Regal cannot change any mod, only a Divine can.
5. You Exalted it, got a Mana (which is a prefix).
6. Still thinking you have 2pref+1aff went to Vagan, but you actually have 3pref+1aff, hence you cannot craft 4th prefix on it.

7. You can now scour it and try again, or Exalt again and hope for Atk Spd. or Crit Multi, and of course get a +Mana on Kill or something equally useless :P

TL;DR version: You didn't know you can't upgrade mods with Regal, read up on Orbs.

Edit: typos
Last edited by Sixense on Apr 22, 2017, 5:41:16 PM
You did not use two regals on the item. It is not possible. The first regal would make it a rare, and you cannot use a regal orb on rares, only on magic items, so it would have given you the "Cannot use, item is not magic rarity" or whatever message.
U MAD?
Next time buy a better weapon with that exalt.
Completely wasted
Last edited by RDeschain on Apr 23, 2017, 6:33:27 AM
"
RDeschain wrote:
Next time buy a better weapon with that exalt.
Completely wasted

OPs claw dude is in SSF league.

(but I also wouldn't have exalted this)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Regal is last thing to do. After alt etc. Then scour to start over if you need to.Or, that's what I been doing
"
AntSunrise wrote:
Regal is last thing to do. After alt etc. Then scour to start over if you need to.Or, that's what I been doing

If I got 3 t1-t2 affixes on my end-build weapon, I'd exalt it too, but not like this lol. Claw ruined, exalt wasted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info