[2.6] Occultist-Pathfinder LL/CI CRIT EK

Cons:
- Lacking a whole lot of immunity compared to pathfinder
- Jewels can be pretty expensive
- Not worth all the investment
- Scion is definitely not a good HC choice.

- Phys reflect destroys you
- Not recommended to play

Pros:
- High quality dank Scion memes
- Easy damage scaling
- Can be built on budget(CI or some Life build)

Why Scion and not the PathFinder-Ranger meta?
Spoiler
I'm a softcore player, my characters die alot(I blame reflect), so getting characters above level 90 is really hard. Thankfully, Ascendant gives 4 passive points and is more accessible to jewel sockets.

By using rotgut and Sin's rebirth to get unholy might and onslaught, the improved flask effect from the actual pathfinder will not cause a huge disparity in damage, making it somewhat more viable(despite the horrible lack of ele ailment immunity)

TOOLTIP DPS at level 80
Spoiler
Taste of hate, Sin's rebirth, Atziri's Promoise, Rotgut and a diamond flask was used with 6 power charges but 0 frenzy charges.

CURRENT GEAR
Spoiler
Not much of a guide maker, so I can't optimize the build properly to open up a cwdt setup

ASCENDANCY
Spoiler
Pathfinder is mandatory, provides damage and relatively meh amount of ele ailment avoidance.
Occultist can be swapped for Assassin to get one-shotting power as well as higher critcial striek chance, I don't recommend it though, because occultist is one of scion's best choices.

PASSIVES & BANDITS
BANDITS
Normal: Kill All
Cruel: Help Oak or Alira
Mercielss: Help Alira

Pathfinder
www.poeurl.com/bfX8
Need level 90+

JEWELS ARE THE BEST
Explanation
On top of using Ring of Blades, my build aims to get 8/9 Jewel Sockets, Jewels can have numerous mods that scale easily with EK, making them one of the most efficient ways to scale up damage, it is for this reason,
that I decided to pass on Force Shaper to get more Jewel Sockets.
Currently in my hideout, removing a jewel reduces my tooltip DPS by 15k without any charges and flask effects.

JEWEL MOD PRIORITIES(for max dahmage)
Spoiler
1:5% Cast Speed with Shields(Has to be 5)
2: Spell Damage while wielding a shield
3: Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
4: Physical Damage
5: Spell Damage
6: Projectile Damage
poe.trade search link:http://poe.trade/search/utasenanoyeamo

GEAR EXPLANATION
Spoiler
Helm
Pretty standard, get a good es helm, with the 40% EK damage enchant if possible

However, if you wish to not run a warlord's mark blasphemy setup, use a Crown of Eyes as it provides a decent amount of life and mana leech. Personally, I do not recommend it as the mana and life leech is far too little, and you won't get endurance charges on kill, which is useful for selfcasted immortal call.

Weapon
USE A DAJJER. DON'T BE LIKE ME Allows you to use shield charge.

Divinarius is an amazing choice until you can get a better rare dajjer. Spell damage, Spell crit chance and Cast speed are priority.

Just get any random ES shield, a budget choice would be Raithpith, but it has relatively meh es.

Body

A SKIN OF LOYAL IS AMAZING IF YOU'RE CI. ITS THE BEST DAMAGE WISE. Other than that,
use a rare vaal regalia. If you're LL, you obviously have to use Shavs.

Gloves

Personally, I'd use Atziri's Acuity for the instant mana leech. But for alternative choices, if you have enough resists,use some crit gloves like facebreakers/maligaro virousity, or you can use essence of insanity-crafted es gloves/random es gloves with attack speed.

Jewelry
You want rings with alot of resistances,Strength and at least an open prefix to Elreon craft %ES, phys dmg life leech is a huge luxury that helps to fight against reflect.
if you're min-maxing, you can opt for either diamond or opal rings. A ming's heart can also be considered if you have enough resists and strength, for the additional chaos damage.

As for the belt, you can use either a crystal belt or rustic sash. You want strength, resistances and ES,
any flask mods are a bonus.
A good choice that provides almost everything other than es is a physical variant doriyani belt, it provides strength, resists,damage and leech. They're great for budget.

For the amulet, if you're LL without skyforths, use Presence of Chayula. If you're CI, use Eye of Chayula, If you're LL with Skyforths, use a crit spell damage es amulet, note that skyforths does not give you stun immunity, so it might be worth using a presence of chayula even if you're LL with skyforths.

Boots
Best end game boots for power charge generation and reduced mana reservation.

For bleed immunity and +1 endurance charge which increases immortal call duration.

Amazingly good for their value, pierce lets you clear faster.
Brinerot Whalers are also a budget option for their damage, rare boots can also suffice.

No clue why you'd use these if you're lowlife, because you can probably afford a chayula if you can afford a shavs, but hey, these provide good str and give you stun immune.

GEMS
Spoiler
Check my current gear for gem setup, adjust things based on however you like.
Empower can be swapped for added fire if you're budget. If you're actively dying to reflect, swap it out for life leech

For auras, A blasphemy+warlord's mark is almost mandatory, Discipline is as well.
To generate power charges without a skyforth, use a Herald Of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark. Hatred and Haste provide additional deeps for lowlife.

You can swap/add vaal discipline for vaal haste for more dps, I just use vaal discipline as a backup lifesaver when running lab.(because traps hit harder than izaro kappa)

It's also worth considering using Arctic Armour if your EK doesn't one-shot mobs.

FLASK OPTIONS
Spoiler

Majority are self-explanatory, I don't see the benefit of using conversion variant vinktars though.

ONLY use Rotgut when you have HoI curse on hit set up with poacher's mark, this means you must have a skyforth's to generate power charges.

Taste of hate is almost mandatory, it provides freeze and chill avoidance which works together with the ascendant pathfinder choice sadly, scion's ascendancy is lackluster compared to pathfinder and does not have alot of status ailment immunity. If you don't have it, use an anti freeze flask. Dream Frag can be considered, everything is dependent on gear.

Uber Atziri,Shaper and Guardians
Spoiler
My computer is a potato, I can't record. Will probably add a screenshot of the loot when I attempt them.
Last edited by paikia101 on Apr 9, 2017, 1:30:27 PM
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2017, 12:23:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info