[2.6] Sorith's Cospri's Wild Strike Crit Freezer

Introduction          

Hello.
At the beginning I would like to say that this build was an experiment that turned out to be nice and fun build to play. I've already tried to make Wild Strike builds in the past but they were too weak compared to this one. I really enjoy this one and hope you'll like it too.

The only things that were difficult in this build: maxing out resistances and getting high Int stat for weapons. Jewelery can be a bit expensive for some ppl, like 20-40c per ring & belt, and up to 1-2exa for amulet. So keep that in mind, it's not like a no-cost Flame Totem build.

If you're still interested check out stuff below :)

Playstyle          

Playstyle for this build is pretty simple. Just use Whirling Blades to get Fortify buff, pop up flasks and hit. Life Leech will keep you alive most of the time, life flask is only for "oh crap" situations and to remove bleed.

Stats(level 89, 6-Link Wild Strike & 3-Link 2x Freezing Pulse)        

REMEMBER! Only Wild Strike & Freezing Pulse x2 are 20%, I'll update stats when I'll have all gems at 20% quality. Most of my gems are lvl 19, so it's not full dmg you can make out of this build.

Defence:

Offence - HoI, HoT, Ice Golem:

Wild Strike - HoI, HoT, Ice Golem, 7 Frenzy Charges, 3 Power Charges:

Wild Strike - HoI, HoT, Ice Golem, 7 Frenzy Charges, 3 Power Charges, Vessel of Vinktar, Atziri's Promise:

Freezing Pulse(remember it's x2 from both weapons) - HoI, HoT, Ice Golem:

Freezing Pulse(remember it's x2 from both weapons) - HoI, HoT, Ice Golem, 7 Frenzy Charges, 3 Power Charges:

Freezing Pulse(remember it's x2 from both weapons) - HoI, HoT, Ice Golem, 7 Frenzy Charges, 3 Power Charges, Atziri's Promise:

Leveling        

At the beginning just use bow with Split Arrow & Barrage + 2x Blackheart and later 2x Bloodboil rings. This should be more than enough to carry you through the first difficulty. Also grab Tabula Rasa(chest), Goldrim(helmet), Sadima's Touch(gloves), Prismweave(belt) & Wanderlust(boots).

When you reach level 30 use Wild Strike and buy 2x Chitus' Needle. After you obtain Multistrke the real fun will begin.

Gear(level 89)         

Stats you need in Jewelery - Ele Dmg with Weapons, Int, Life, Resists, Cold Damage and some Str
Stats you need in other items - Life and all resistances

If you can't max out resistances you can swap Atziri's Step for some rare boots with life & resists.

Skilltree         

Current Tree - Level 89

==========================================================

For jewel we need a unique one -
First Snow. This will increase number of projectiles for Freezing Pulse from 1 to 3.

===========================================================

Leveling Trees

33 Points

61 Points

110 Points

Full Tree(120/121 points)

Ascendancy         

Raider
1. Way of the Poacher(normal)
2. Avatar of the Slaughter(cruel)
3. Quartz Infusion(merciless)
4. Avatar of the Veil(uber)

Gems        

Wild Strike > Added Cold Damage > Multistrike > Weapon Elemental Damage > Increased Critical Strikes > Increased Critical Damage

Freezing Pulse > Increased Critical Strikes > Increased Critical Damage/Spell Echo

Freezing Pulse > Increased Critical Strikes > Increased Critical Damage/Spell Echo

Herald of Thunder > Curse on Hit > Assassin's Mark/Elemental Weakness(use Enfeeble for Lab runs) > Summon Ice Golem

Vaal Grace > Increased Duration > Herald of Ice > Purity of Elements

Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Blood Magic

Bandits         

Normal - Help Oak for +40hp
Cruel - Kill All or Help Kraityn, your pick
Merciless - Help Kraityn for Frenzy Charge

Videos        

My other Builds         

Sorith's Arc Miner Shadow [Crit/Eva/Dodge][Budget friendly & nice clear speed]- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1728912

Sorith's Arctic Breath Shotgun Witch[Budget friendly & nice clear speed]- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1756522

Stream         

I stream sometimes so feel free to tune in - https://www.twitch.tv/the_sneaky_one

Last edited by kierny on Apr 10, 2017, 10:13:35 AM
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2017, 8:53:46 AM
I have some questions about this guide (sr English is'nt my native language)
1. First snow need at least 40 intelligence in radius to active, how do you get it with that jewelry socket
2. How do you survive with such a low hp pool (I thinh 4k hp isn't enough to kill guardians, shaper and the others)
3. Why dont you use spell echo to support freezing pulse
Last edited by tghmzz2 on Apr 8, 2017, 8:41:13 PM
"
tghmzz2 wrote:
I have some questions about this guide (sr English is'nt my native language)
1. First snow need at least 40 intelligence in radius to active, how do you get it with that jewelry socket
2. How do you survive with such a low hp pool (I thinh 4k hp isn't enough to kill guardians, shaper and the others)
3. Why dont you use spell echo to support freezing pulse

1. You don't need to have this 40 Int allocated. You need 40 Int in range of this jewel.
2. Haven't done guardians/shaper. Wasn't really aiming for that. It was supposed to be pure fun build.
3. You could drop Inc. Crit. Dmg for spell echo if you want. It'll rise your dps, I couldn't use that coz repeating 2x Freezing Pulse additional time was sometimes reducing my FPS too much. Fixed that in guide.
Last edited by kierny on Apr 10, 2017, 12:30:52 PM

http://www.upsieutoc.com/image/cGpUBk
I'm really interested in this build, it's so fun to play compare to other wildstrike build. Anw, I dont get your first answer. As I see, you have only 2 intelligence nodes in range of that jewel. Here is my picture, I use 2 more intelligence nodes below to active it, am I missing something?
Last edited by lstung94 on Apr 10, 2017, 7:35:33 AM
"
lstung94 wrote:

http://www.upsieutoc.com/image/cGpUBk
I'm really interested in this build, it's so fun to play compare to other wildstrike build. Anw, I dont get your first answer. As I see, you have only 2 intelligence nodes in range of that jewel. Here is my picture, I use 2 more intelligence nodes below to active it, am I missing something?

You don't have to pick those 2 Int nodes below jewel socket.
Remove them. Jewel will atcivate with 40 Int in radius not with 40 Int allocated in radius.
When you remove those 2 Int nodes just check out your Freezing Pulse tooltip, it'll still shoot 3 projectiles, or look at my screen of Freezing Pulse stats, you'll see that FP shoots 3 projectiles.

I used your screen as example, hope it clears it a bit more:
Last edited by kierny on Apr 10, 2017, 8:10:07 AM
Oh I see, now I got it, thank you very much
I'm currenty lvl 78 with a build based on this one (i dont like copying entirely). It's really fun although until ~ lvl72 it was quite weak.
I played it from scratch, with no support from my other chars currency.

"
dehogynem wrote:
I'm currenty lvl 78 with a build based on this one (i dont like copying entirely). It's really fun although until ~ lvl72 it was quite weak.
I played it from scratch, with no support from my other chars currency.

Weird, when I grabbed Multistrike + 2x Chitu's Needle it was super fast to kill everything. And until I was able to use Cospri's I was just switching Chitu's to other elemental thrusting one-handed swords I found while leveling.
So far (level 55) it has been really enjoyable to level. After I got multistrike and Chitu's Needle, everything has just been destroyed all the way from 30 to 55 and I still have Chitu's Needle and everything is still getting destroyed. I can't wait to be able to use Cospri's, so far I am enjoying it very much though.
"
Kayer wrote:
So far (level 55) it has been really enjoyable to level. After I got multistrike and Chitu's Needle, everything has just been destroyed all the way from 30 to 55 and I still have Chitu's Needle and everything is still getting destroyed. I can't wait to be able to use Cospri's, so far I am enjoying it very much though.

I hope you won't have problems with buying Int gear so you could fully enjoy WS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info