Getting people to want to experience the labyrinth instead of just clearing it

After reading the anti-labyrinth threads, it seems like people feel the entire reward for the labyrinth is at the end, and if anything happens along the way, they have just wasted time.

Here's my suggestion. This is for the Merciless and uber labyrinths.

1) Labyrinth Level, Monster Rarity, and Atlas progress effect what maps can drop in the labyrinth.
Examples:
a) Merciless Labyrinth, killing a Rare, if your atlas is explored up to level 70 maps, they could drop.
b) Uber Labyrinth, Killing a magic, if your atlas is explored up to level 76 maps, they could drop

Now people want to kill creatures in the labyrinth

2) Have special labyrinth chests have a map drop bias

Now people want to go out of there way to do trap gauntlets and find those chests

3) Have dark shrines increase the level of the labyrinth with respect to map drops

Now people want to find and activate dark shrines

A note: I am not suggesting you could get maps not in your atlas this way; that would take away from running maps. Merely if you run out of maps you can use the labyrinth to jump start your collection of maps back up for exploration instead of starting back with grinding level 68 maps.

The traps/labyrinth become the "price" for map drops (of the non-level 68 variety) outside of maps. Also the more you explore the labyrinth (the more lost you get) the more and better maps you could get.

Under this system if a person has to spend a long time getting to the end point, most likely they have more maps to show for it, then a person who speed ran to the end point. If you get lost, you stand a chance of finding more maps or getting better ones. Making people happy the the labyrinth is a labyrinth and not the ledge.
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2017, 9:06:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Why the fuck would anyone right in their mind would think putting EVEN MORE rewards in the MOST REWARDING content in the game?

You got dark shrines, you got silver chests, you got lab only unique items (things that are scattered throughout the lab not in the end) plus you got enchants, you got leader-board rewards, you got treasure chest which include amongst others : maps, currency, unique items, leveled and quality gems... and on top of that THIS fucking place is the gate to get your class defining ascendancy points.

FUCK THIS seriously, no matter what you do, lab will always be the place for the small clique that farms and those random players here and there engaged only and always FOR THE LOOT nothing else, not because its fun and not because its relaxing and not because its a change of pace. GIVE THEM REWARDS AND THEY STOP WHINING, LIKE THEY DID WITH THE ENDGAME VERSION. FUCK THAT.

But its GGG we are talking about here they might as well put a guaranteed exalt drop randomly dropped by some random monster in it and people who are not farming it WILL STILL NOT BE ENTICED TO DO SO.

Honestly as a player i couldn't care less if your suggestion was implemented even if that meant it would be harder for me to sell maps i find due to lab farmers finding more. But not really what lab needs honestly, a waypoint system is far more solid solution to many problems alone. Re-allocation of the ascendancy points or even addition of new alternatives to them would be the best thing possible, but no we must suffer this evil to enjoy the rest of the game..... To play a platformer to enjoy an ARPG, fuck that.....
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
The journeyman I apprenticed under many moons ago used to say "You cannot make chicken soup out of chicken poop."

It applies here. :)
So you are saying that because the opponent is the map instead of the creatures it is somehow a different game?

I do not see much difference between timing and dodging of traps and timing and dodging of boss attacks, except that bosses can one hit KO you.

I know that getting better at timing/dodging in the labyrinth had a direct improvement of my timing/dodging outside the labyrinth.

With maps there is reason to clear them, so I was trying to give a reason to clear the labyrinth. Most people do not like the rewards the labyrinth currently gives, so I was suggesting map rewards that everyone has a use for instead.

I am honestly wondering, since the end-game of Path of Exile is the Atlas, why not tie other end-game content to the Atlas (as it is already anyway as the Uber Labyrinth only is accessible in the maps)?
To be fair it does feel fucking stupid LOL to have a carto appear in Uber Lab and get a pile of t1
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
+1, spread more lab rewards inside the lab instead of at the end. That way all those areas would no longer feel like an annoying waste of time on my way to my ascendancy points.

Also, a WP directly after each Izaro area would be great for those of us who DC now and then or have real life problems (or even trading) interrupt the lab run. Most people cannot run the lab in 10 min. Izaro should reset his health if you leave his area so he cannot be zerked then.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
The journeyman I apprenticed under many moons ago used to say "You cannot make chicken soup out of chicken poop."

+1 (almost coaxed me into another poop analogy)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
you may want to check out my suggestions.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1872994
Last edited by anum11 on Mar 27, 2017, 3:42:54 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

+1 (almost coaxed me into another poop analogy)

I aim to please! :)
For Shits and Giggles.

Spoiler
There was no achievement.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info