[2.6] - CI Freeze Pulse Elementalist

Hello guys and girls,

I know that there are many builds floating around, but I felt that mine was unique enough to get a forum post.
It is of course a CI build using freezing pulse as our damage skill.
The main difference with my build compare to the once i have seen its the gem setup and wands i use.
What I decided to do is to dual wield tulborn wands:

You may think by now: *this guy is mad* *what the hell he is doing* ect ect, and you would be partially right. I'm mad and I only think I know what I'm doing, but it works "it's just works(TM)"

Basically the 2 wands add a LOT of cold damage when fully charged, the drawback is that once the charges are gone you loose all that damage. This happens when you fight a boss for too long and he got no minions to "help". Its not often the case as well all know that most bosses spawn minions.
In most cases you will kill the boss before the charges expire.

So each wand add 10-20 cold dmg to spells for each power charge, as we have 2 wands they add 20-40 cold dmg per charge. I'm currently at 6 charges so that's a whopping 120-240 flat cold damage added to my spell.

and now the details part:
Tree:

Main stats from tree:
Spoiler

almost 270% increase ES + 15% MORE ES on top of that
335% increase crit chance
160% increase crit damage
284% increase damage

2 golems, 50% reduce ele reflect, 100% increase ele damage every 10 seconds

gear requirements:
2 tulborn wands - about 1c each (try to get a pair with max cast speed)
Spoiler

2x first snow threshold jewel - adds the 4 projectiles to Freezing Pulse letting us drop LMP/GMP completely

my gear:
Spoiler

one thing to note is that I will change hypothermia to controlled destruction, as I have enough crit now and dont chill mobs so often, so Im loosing a lot of damage potential.

optional but highly recommended uniques:
Spoiler
Eye of Chayula or Valyrium ring - cause stun is a bitch for CI
If you pick up Valyrium ring (recommended) - you may want to look at The Halcyon amulet or its big expensive brother (also recommended) - The Pandemonius

If you feeling brave and can afford to loose another slot to unique item here are my other options (I may try):
Bated Breath belt - a nice ES belt with some damage bonuses
Doryani's Invitation belt - cold version; a nice cheap belt, No es but it does give cold leech and double res
Tasalio's Sign ring - a very offensive ring, havent test it but that could add a crap ton of damage
Dream Fragments - no freeze or chill, nough said
Gifts from Above - another offensive ring adding a lot of crit
Snakepit - 1 more proj, cold dmg, cast speed

other gear:
Nothing special here, rare ES items with minimum dual res are ideal.

gem setup:
Spoiler

early game:
Freezing Pulse 20q - Spell Echo 20q - controlled destruction 20q - hypothermia (q dosent matter) - cold pen 20q - life leech 20q

end game:
Freezing Pulse 20q - Spell Echo 20q - controlled destruction 20q - increase critical strike 20q - cold pen 20q - life leech 20q

Discipline
herald of Ice + curse on hit + vulnerability (only use it if you dont have leech its not super reliable but its enough in general situations) or frostbite or a defensive curse if you feel like it.

cast when damage taken - vortex - frost wall - increase area (this setup is purely deffensive, it meant to make mobs walk around your walls and generally help you against melee attacks, votex is for the close combat, when you get hit and the votex proc, it may freeze the mobs around you or slow them enough to allow you to react)

lightning warp - less duration 20q - rapid decay - ideally faster casting but this would require a 4L to spare

ice golem and golem of your choice (either go with another offensive one (fire) or take something that adds survivability)

let me know what you guys think
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Mar 28, 2017, 6:26:02 AM
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2017, 10:56:52 AM
Do you have any videos of you playing the build? Atziri? Shaper? Guardians? Strand Clear? Something as a visual reference for the feel of the build. Would be greatly appreciated.
How much ES do you currently have? Seems low.

I'm running a FP Assassin and around 8.4k with discipline

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/iSeaStars Freeze_da-Kapital

I was using frost wall in my CWDT but it kills me sometimes in narrow spots. Right now it's just raise spectre for the lulz and added distraction.

I'd like to get LW up and running because flamedash is awful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info