[2.6] Theory LL Vortex help?

I thought up another build and would like to ask if it's gonna work or not really. I think I will go SSF for a while, hence I didn't put any uniques into it.

PoePlanner Link

I will copy what Path of Building app says about bonuses:
I put 0 life on gear, 0 mana, 1200 ES (250 helm shield, 100 boots gloves, 500 chest)

421/1317 life (16% inc), 1600/2462 mana (172% inc), 3737 ES (124% inc)
I realize ES is a bit low, but we have 1600 Mana added basically as ES, up to 5.3k~ INT, mana and ES rolls all influence the total EHP I'll have.

Skill Setup:
Spoiler

Immortal Call - Inc Dur. - CWDT - Ice Nova

Lightning Warp - Less Dur. - Faster Casting - Rapid Decay

WM - Blasphemy - Blood Magic

Elemental Weakness - Blasphemy /unlinked Flame Golem

Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit - Inc. Crit Strikes - Faster Casting

Ice Golem (if there's Unset Ring)

Vortex - Faster Casting - Cold to Fire - Controlled Destruction - Fire Pen. - Conc. Effect / Inc AoE
Last 2 on a gemswap for bosses / clearing.

Flasks: Basalt, Quartz, Quicksilver, Sulphur, Diamond.

I did not take Elem. Overload because it obliterates Burning damage, I have instead 209% multi on the tree for 309% in game and 14.75% crit chance, which becomes over 50% with 6 charges and Diamond flask. That's over 50% to freeze with Vortex and 67% to freeze with CWDT Ice Nova.

Damage stats:
Spoiler
144% Spell damage, 219% cold and 237% fire damage.
188% More damage (Pain Attunement, Controlled Destruction and Concentrated effect.
1.46x Cold damage due to Heart of Ice and Elem. Weakness
1.83x Fire damage cause of Heart of Fire, Elem. Weakness and Fire Pen.
388% Inc. Burning Damage with 188% more and 1.43x E.W. multiplier on top
1.7 cast/sec
6 power charges give us 24% inc. spell damage and 15% crit chance, with another 20.9% from Diamond Flask.

DPS:
Spoiler
Path of Building shows this, flame and ice golems active, NO MAIN WEAPON:
no charges or flask
25.6k average hit, 44k dps, 13k DoT, 155k burning dps

with charges and flask:
42k average hit, 72k dps, 13k DoT, 185k burning dps

slap a general 40% elemental and 60% spell damage sceptre and a sulphur flask:
91k dps, 18k DoT, 300k burning dps.

So, any ideas on improving this? I used plain rare gear with ES mods ONLY, no int or resists or anything, looks like highest dps build of mine so far, just hoping it has enough defences to go with dps for mapping up to T14-15 at least.

Edit: before you say it, I know about the relationship of Chaos damage and LL, I've got a flask for Poison Immune until I acquire Shav's (or until I quit ssf and just buy it).
Last edited by Sixense on Mar 2, 2017, 9:42:39 AM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2017, 4:04:53 PM
hey there

first and most important thing about vortex is that Pyre isnt going to have 100% conversion like it have atm.
whole breach lague i was playing with COC vortex made 2 chars -TestSubjectTriksterVtx and BlinqF just for that purpose. Had spend lots of chaos/exalts, and trylions of regrets but end effect was very sataysfaying. i ended up playing trikster becouse of much better defecnces (have arround 22k dmg unbuffed - was able to do all stuff on atlas exepty phoenix and uber atziri)- ability to run 3 curse is a big deal!.
u may wanna teake a peak on those chars and meaby u will find something that will inspire you =)
I wasn't going to use Pyre anyway, don't want to depend on drops in SSF. Will take a look when I get back from work, thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info