[2.6] Touch of Anguish Lightning Strike Inquisitor

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my 2.6 Touch of Anguish Lightning Strike guide! I've been nolifing PoE since Closed Beta and this is the first build which has impressed me as much to write a guide on it!

ToA has been a sleeper OP weapon since its release; it has top tier PDPS (more than Bino's or Varunastra), high crit & a free pseudo-Chain. Lightning Strike synergizes amazingly with ToA; since ToA's pseudo-chain has no damage penalty, we effectively get Chain & an imaginary 45% more damage gem linked to our attacks. With Lightning Strike & Crits in mind, the obvious ascendancy was Inquisitor, which is why we convert all our damage to elemental. Note that we are ignoring ToA's cold theme and are not using Frost Blades. While we waste 60% increased cold damage, Lightning Strike is so much better mechanically that the loss is worth it.

Pros:
+ Vaal Spark clearspeed, but with better boss killing
+ Tanky due to 8k+ ES, CI, Leech, VP, & Fortify
+ Already OP, but got big buffs in 2.6 (Claw global leech & damage buffs)
+ Relatively cheap & can be respecced into from Flameblast Totems
+ Claws & Lightning Strike are hipster!

Cons:
- It's not a HoWA or Poison build (but it will survive upcoming 3.0 nerfs!)

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

**put your video link here**

SKILL TREE

>>2.6 Passive Tree link<<

Ascendancy; Inquisitor: Grab Instruments of Virtue, Augury of Penitence, Righteous Providence & Inevitable Judgement in that order.

Bandits: Kill them all for Skill Points. We don't want more Frenzy Charges because it makes keeping up ToA's pseudo-chain harder. Power charges are not worth investing in either, due to the opportunity cost of Power Charge generation (The Blue Dream & Skyforth both take up highly competed slots).

GEAR

Weapon
Buy two of the best Touch of Anguishes you can find and dual wield them. Stats range from 7.8%-8.4% crit & 243-267 PDPS. Decently rolled ones cost <2 chaos!

Helm
Since we're dual wielding weapons and lack an ES shield, an ES helmet is a must.

Stat priority; ES > Accuracy > Resists > Intelligence

Chest
The chest is our main source of ES. Focus on ES above everything else.

Stat priority; ES >> Resists > Intelligence

Gloves
We have more flexibility in the glove slot. You can use a rare ES glove, but Maligaro's is the strongest option if you've already maxed your resists and have >8k ES

Boots
We have similar flexibility in our boot slot. However in 2.6 Brinerot Whalers have become a very sexy option. It offers 200ES, 25% MS, 25% lightning resist, 40% projectile damage & 20% physical damage. Good luck finding a rare better than that! However if you have infinite currency, consider a Skyforth.

Amulet
Use Chayula's for the stun immunity

Rings
Rings contribute a large chunk of our DPS. Rings will cost anything from a few chaos to hundreds of ex. A decent Diamond Ring with FlatPhys-Accuracy-Resist ring will contribute around ~15% of our final DPS, while a godly Steel Ring with Hystera-FlatPhys-Accuracy-Resists-%ES-ES ring will give up to ~24%.

Stat Priority; Hysteria > Elreon %ES > Steel Ring Implicit > Flat Phys > Accuracy > Diamond Ring Implicit > Resists > Flat ES > Opal Ring Implicit

Belt
A simple slot to fill in gaps in our ES & Resists

Stat Priority; Crystal Belt > ES > Resists > WED

Jewels
Godly jewels are easy to buy due to how many keywords Lightning Strike has. Jewels with 4 useful offensive mods can be often found for under 15 chaos! We can use "garbage" jewels with Claw Multi, Lightning Multi, Elemental Crit Chance and Projectile Damage. Mods we want are; 1h/DW/Claw/Elemental/Lightning Crit Multi, 1h/DW/Claw/Elemental/Lightning Crit Chance. 1h/DW/Claw/Elemental/Lightning/Projectile Damage & 1h/DW/Claw/Global Attack Speed.

Stat Priority; Crit Multi > Crit Chance > Damage > Attack Speed

Flasks
Vinktar's is an instant godmode flask. Get a Sapphire/Ruby/Amber flask of grounding depending on which element you're most worried about. Grab a Diamond Flask of Heat. Last two flask slots are flexible. Good options are; Basalt Flask of Staunching, Atziri's Promise, Taste of Hate, Sin's Rebirth & Kiara's Determination. Fuck man, you're so OP at this point it doesn't really matter what flasks you use.

LINKS AND GEMS

Level/Quality describes what to get on each gem.

Chest Lightning Strike Setup
WARNING!!! Do not get quality on your Lightning Strike as the pierce will fuck up our chain!
Gems in order of link importance;

20/0 Lightning Strike - 20/20 Multistrike - 20/20 Physical Projectile Attack Damage - 20/20 Weapon Elemental Damage - 20/20 Increased Critical Strike - 20/20 Physical to Lightning

Glove CWDT Setup
1/0 CWDT - 3/20 Immortal Call - 20/20 Increased Duration - 20/0 Vaal Haste

Helmet CWDT Setup
1/0 CWDT - 1/20 Vortex - 20/20 Increased Area of Effect - 5/0 Warlords Mark

ToA 1 Setup
20/20 Whirling Blades - 20/20 Faster Attacks - 20/20 Fortify

ToA 2 Setup
20/20 Lightning Warp - 20/20 Faster Casting - 20/20 Less Duration

Boots Aura Setup
20/0 Hatred - 20/0 Discipline - 20/20 Ice Golem - 20/20 Blood Rage

LEVELING

Level up as Flameblast Totems, make some money then respec.

SCREENSHOTS

Note that the DPS shown is for the melee portion of Lightning Strike, which is actually ~5% lower than our projectile DPS when calculated by Path of Building

DPS & Energy Shield in hideout with Ice Golem, Discipline & Hatred & Instruments of Virtue

DPS & Energy Shield in combat with Ice Golem, Discipline, Hatred, Blood Rage, 3 Frenzy Charges, Instruments of Virtue & Atziri's Flask (This is always up in combat, not a bullshit tooltip warrior screenshot)

THE END!
Last edited by H4xolotl on Mar 4, 2017, 3:16:12 AM
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2017, 10:13:46 PM
Just specced into this to give it a try, pretty solid build and im having fun with it.
Thanks
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart.
He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
hey i wanna thank you for making this build i'm having a lot of fun with it. Not sure why it isn't more popular but i guess like you said it isn't meta. Gear is decently cheap to get and clearspeed is very good!
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
Have you thought about using a Call of the brotherhood ring? If so, does it result in a massive hit to dps compared to a good rare ring? I'm working on leveling to do something along these lines and have one of those floating around from my spark build.

Thanks for posting this build, it really helps us newbs not shoot ourselves in the foot with the skill tree and picking/finding useful uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info