New Player Here

I really enjoyed trying to join in the races and play, but I'm total, total trash at the game still.

I get that these races are probably more for the experienced 'burned out' player base, but I would appreciated some more "training wheel" "QoL" features for us new players.

1: In match timer and frequent announcements.
2: Glowing trails on where to go, kinda like the hunter missions.
3: Perhaps a rookie/newbie race event based on ???
4: Easy to find rules and explanations on the race. When I clicked on race schedule, the calendar looked like it was from August/July 2016. Things were not immediately 'hold your hand' easy to find.
5: I thought the join options on log in were very convenient. Perhaps clicking on that button would take you to an explanation window of that particular race with tips and map directions?
6: Ways to continue to race after death would be important as well. Perhaps penalty time assigned or something. Many players using macros to quick log out before death to avoid death is a sign that something might not be quite right. That is a trick of the experienced player, thus punishing the new player further more.

Overall, they seemed like a lot of fun, but I barely made it anywhere and was totally confused by what to do and where to go. Even after reading the tips guide and other forum posts. When I died I was out and that punishment felt a bit heavy for a newbie.

One veteran player told a new player that they should spend a few months learning the game before joining in a race. I would think that a game would want to refresh its population by encouraging player engagement early on. Telling another player to sit in class for a while before competing is old school MMO thinking. Grinding or working to get to the fun bits. The races should be the exception. A community event that encourages new players to compete against each other and veterans alike.

I'm just sharing feedback from the angle of a very new player. Thanks for the event and updates. Look forward to more of them and trying them out. Eventually I'll figure out how to play. I just got my first build to lvl 70+ and beat merci. Now I'm starting in on maps and working towards final Lab.

Fantastic game. It truly is.
Last edited by Sk0gu1 on Feb 11, 2017, 9:13:07 PM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2017, 8:15:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info