[2.5] Wisdom and Action Knight. Uniques in all slots for all content

This build is old and I rerolled as a scion which is better pretty much in every way.

See https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880917 if you are interested in that build

My Whispering Ice build gets 2600 Int and a few people had asked how it would look with the new Hand of Wisdom and Action claws so I thought it was finally worth rolling that character and here I am posting the results.

Once again the build utilises the layered defenses of high ES, 81% elemental resistances, above 4k armour and 7% physical reduction from Unwavering Faith. This current version also gets 3.4k evasion rating with the option of getting alot more

The build doesn't quite get 2k Int since the claws don't scale Int as well as the WI staff does. You get more flat damage from Int but it won't scale % damage or skill duration like it would for the storm so the build doesn't focus on Int as heavily

This build gets less Int but actually more mana which allows Radiant Faith to shine just as much as it did in the WI build. Just like in the WI build all ES nodes can be ignored as it gets enough %ES from INT and enough flat ES from mana that the skill points can be spent stretching down into duelist area for leech and getting the value notables for damage

Video
Spoiler

Ran a quick Pheonix map to show the character. Didn't use concentrated effect or flasks or anything on the boss so was slower then it could have been but I rolled AOE and too many damage mods last time so was playing safe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC97SCk4qBo&feature=youtu.be

Character Stats
Spoiler

Legacy rings (only available in standard)
Spoiler

Offence (in hideout with increased AOE and without ele overload)

Defense

Non-Legacy rings (available in new leagues)
Spoiler

Offence (in hideout with increased AOE and without ele overload)

Defense

Gem Selection
Spoiler

Chest - Blade Flurry - Lightning Penetration - Weapon Elemental Damage - Elemental Focus - Increased AOE - Faster Attacks
I first ran this build as spectral throw with a slightly different tree. Blade flurry just outclasses it too much in damage though so I'm sticking with the flurry

Helmet - Enlighten - Blood Magic - Discipline - Haste/Wrath/Grace
Vertex has +1 gems. I prefer Haste as my last aura but until you get high Int then wrath can do ok. Grace gives a whole ton of evasion rating but I don't feel the need for more defence

Gloves - Purity of Lightning - Purity of Fire - Purity of Ice - Purity of Elements

Claw - Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

The remaining 7 sockets can be used for anything you want really.

Vaal discipline and Curse are probably best. Whichever golem you like and a CWDT setup of your choice

Gear
Spoiler

or

Most of this stuff is reasonably obtainable with the exception of the 6 linked shavs and skyforth. Skyforths are easily replaced but at least a 5 linked shavs is pretty important

Gear breakdown
Spoiler

Stun Immunity
You need stun immunity so you need to choose one of the following

Kaoms disables your evasion so lioneyes is better for its evasion and dex, with either option and you'll need to be whirling everywhere due to lack of base movement speed. You'd tend to be doing that mostly anyway. I don't think using up your valuable amulet slot is worth it but if you really hate the lack of base movement speed you can make it work.

Rings
The build is designed around the Perandus signet rings and the high %Int bonus that they give. After this choice we make every item slot be the unique item that gives the best benefit

Amulet
Astramantis is pretty hard to beat in this slot. Its a unique item and solves the dex problems while giving most Int

Helmet
I went back and forth between trying to squeeze Sun crest in here for 15% increased Int but since it doesn't scale as well its time to go back to Vertex for its ES. The evasion gets scaled alot too.

Chest
Guardians need pretty much needs shavs and to go lowlife, pity there is no pain attunment for attacks

Gloves
Shapers Touch solve the accuracy problem and give us more damage then any other options

Belt
Doryani's lightning variant fills so many holes here. Cold and fire resistances are needed. Damage is good and its nice getting a little bit of leech and armour. Its tempting to try and get those things elsewhere and use an ES belt but too much value on the Doryani's

Boots
Best equipment slot to get your stun immunity. Lioneyes is my preferred and then if you can afford skyforths then great as it gives you 77 ES and saves 2 points in the tree as you don't need those reservation nodes anymore

Tree

Jewels
Spoiler

We use one Brute force solution jewel on the left, 4 Fertile Mind jewels on the right and one jewel up the top with whatever you have that is best

Flasks
Spoiler

Removes freeze and removes bleed flasks are essential

Basalt Flask and taste of hate are good for physical damage reduction

Topaz flask is needed for running elemental weakness maps with reflect.

As you can see my flasks kinda suck. I should be swapping them into the unique flasks that kick ass but just havn't bothered as it hasn't felt needed

Atziri's promise costs nothing and gives damage

Vessel of Vinktor is a no brainer for insane leech and shock. I've never used one and haven't really looked into buying one but Its obviously brokenly good

Dying sun gives you AOE for clearing and lets you use concentrated effect on bosses comfortably

Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 6, 2017, 8:55:42 PM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 3:05:30 PM
Trying out your build with the new Ranger ele nodes in the bottom right-hand corner of the tree, looks promising so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info