Herald of ash - good support links?

Hello, I've been using herald of ash as an extra burn to my xoph bow and I've read that herald of ash can benefit from some supports.

Of course, raising my fire dmg that I actually deal is priority, but I have a free 4 link to use and I'm not the person to use defensive buffs so I'm looking what I can link to herald of ash to complement my dmg even more with overkill burns.

I was thinking Herald + Conc effect + elemental proliferation + increased burning damage, thoughts?

My main means of burning is 35% chance to ignite on Rain of arrows + crits. So i guess on overkill, if there was original burn present, it gets overriden by herald?

I can post more info about the build I use if it is deemed necessary to justify using Herald.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 3:29:39 AM
"
Necromael wrote:
Hello, I've been using herald of ash as an extra burn to my xoph bow and I've read that herald of ash can benefit from some supports.

Of course, raising my fire dmg that I actually deal is priority, but I have a free 4 link to use and I'm not the person to use defensive buffs so I'm looking what I can link to herald of ash to complement my dmg even more with overkill burns.

I was thinking Herald + Conc effect + elemental proliferation + increased burning damage, thoughts?

My main means of burning is 35% chance to ignite on Rain of arrows + crits. So i guess on overkill, if there was original burn present, it gets overriden by herald?

I can post more info about the build I use if it is deemed necessary to justify using Herald.

Yes, need more info. If build is strong ignites from HoA alone should be enough to kill affected mobs.

Also, remember that Supports will make HoA reserve more mana.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jan 18, 2017, 9:18:21 AM
Alright, be aware, this is build in making, I had like 5 iterations with complete gear changes with core untouched.

I was running nonlinked Hatred + herald of ash which was good.

Now for a test run I did, Arctic armour + 4link Herald that i proposed in first post ( Herald + Conc effect + elemental proliferation + increased burning damage).

My tooltip dmg fell for 2.5k dps. But in turn, trash mobs and even rares are dying so much faster than before. So in the end I got more defenses than i thought. (still, main skill has 62% fire penetration, which is good I think)

So to link my char, it is chieftain rain of arrows with quite a lot of penetration.

Gear :

Spoiler

Utility flasks :

Spoiler

Passive tree (not optimized yet) :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcBS0GwwixDY0OPBGBE6UUIBRxFHUWbxiRGjgirybzJy8x-zJ-Mok26DhTOlI62DwFPfw__EFyQzFGaUbXR35KfUz_TipW-lfiWGNYr1nzW69fP2OnY_1lTWaeaFhxhXIPcql07XXLdqx253fXd-N35XloeuZ_44IHgpuE2YZghymHdonYjM-NfpBVkn2Yb5o7n9-iAKTCpqOpbqyqsUK3trl-vJq8n702vqfBBMYExtjJZ89-1ljXltl82rnawdwj3Ubhc-Nq45_lz-hm6hjqYu0g7UTvDu989kj3Mvjr-tI=

It relies on blood rage for quite fast clear speed and endurance charges I have low chance to get by staff to bow passives from Lioneye jewel.
(need to finish uber lab for last 2 passives, one says

0.5% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
Cannot be Ignited
When you or your Totems Kill a Burning Enemy, 20% chance for you
and your Totems to each gain an Endurance Charge
so that will make my endurance charges more consistent)

Will make an immortal call setup soon too, didn't have any need for it yet, as I'm used to be a lot more squishy.

I'm still searching for a single target skill that I can switch out rain of arrows from my 5l bow for bosses, was thinking vaal burning arrow, but still have to test other choices too.

Hope this covers it.
Last edited by Necromael on Jan 18, 2017, 9:48:40 AM
Bumping for visibility and some answers hopefully.
Still have some questions unanswered, bump :

on overkill, if there was original burn present, it gets overriden by herald overkill burn?

Herald + Conc effect + elemental proliferation + increased burning damage, thoughts? Any better 4links than I use?

Also, based on previous post I posted build in, how can I improve my dmg even more?

And lastly, what is a good boss killer skill to switch Rain of arrows on boss fights? Vaal burning arrow? Any other?
Last edited by Necromael on Jan 20, 2017, 3:16:47 AM
"
Necromael wrote:
on overkill, if there was original burn present, it gets overriden by herald overkill burn?

Right. Without Emberwake, only the Ignite with the highest DPS will be active, so if the original Ignite is stronger, it would stay, but if the Herald overkill Ignite is stronger, then it will replace the original Ignite.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info