[2.5 HC | Video Guide] Crit Blade Flurry Raider | Freeze & Shatter whole Screen

First of all i would like to mention that i want to avoid text of walls in this guide, so let's start.
English isn't my native language.

If you prefer to look a Video instead of reading, here you can find the Video guide -->

[2.5 | Video Guide] Blade Flurry Raider | Freeze & Shatter whole Screen

feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvements!!!

The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[2.5 | Video Guide] Blade Flurry Raider | Freeze & Shatter whole Screen

more vids soon.

Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.

Current gear:

Gear in general:
Spoiler
On your gear you primarily need to look for affixes such as Elemental Resistances, Life, and Evasion on all your stuff. Global Crit, Crit Multi and WED are awesome but not mandatory!
Try to get at least one Item with high flat accuracy!

The build makes use of three unique items, first one is Rat’s Nest.
Second one is good old Scaeva Sword, i already made a Cleave build with it, it’s sooooo underrated guys! You have to get a pretty insane rare sword to beat this unique!

The third one is Perfect Form, it grants us Phase Acro, free Arctic armour, Life, and Increased Evasion Rating by uncapped Cold res! So try to overcap your Cold res as much as possible. It’s the best option for our build in my opinion!
Other Chest options are Belly of the Beast, to reach 7k life, or Queen of the Forest! But keep in mind that you lose arctic armour and need 4 more points for Phase Acro then!

Flask Setup is Life, Jade, Quicksilver, Basalt and Diamond.
You can also drop Quicksilver for a Stibnite!

But to finish this don’t forget the jewels, they are one of the main damage boosts, here you get tons of crit multi combined with life and res.
Look for Crit multi while dual wielding, Life and or resistances!

5/6 link
Blade Flurry - Melee Phys - Faster Attacks - Inc Crit - Inc Aoe - Inc Crit Damage / Added Fire

4 Link
Assasins Mark - Curse on Hit - Herald of Ice - hatred

4 Link
CwdT - Enfeeble - Immortal Call - Inc Duration

4 Link
Ancestral Warchief - melee Phys - Increased Crit and Conc effect

3 Link
Whirling Blades - FA - Fortify

2 Link
Vaal Grace - Inc Duration

single
Arctic Armour, Enduring Cry,...

Some notes:
Spoiler
If you don’t need power charges at all and your crit is capped, go for herald of ash instead. Originally I wanted to use Herald of Lightning for shocking but the Int requirements are too high.

Another option would be to drop Ancestral Warchief and replace it with an Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit Setup for generating power charges at boss fights.

So, and lastly Arctic Armour. Oh yea… I could use Blood rage, but i don’t need it, to be honest. I rather go with the Life regen instead!
Maybe i would use it for the additional life leech if i drop my scaeva sword….

Enduring Cry for hard hitter is also an option!
But as you can see, the build is very flexible, so please write down your suggestions in the commentary!

I leveled with cleave and sunder to 28. Weapons were Screaming Eagle and Wide Swing axe until level 28. Just go for life and go to the duelist area.

At 28 equip Facebreaker gloves, Meginord’s Girdle and Skirmish Quiver and one Wardens Brand Ring at lvl 31.
One shots incoming! This setup carries my always to merciless dried lake, without putting one single point in a damage node!

Transition into crit Swords should happen around level 70!

The Ascendancy Class of choice for this build is Raider.

tree

Bandits: help oak - kill all - help kraityn
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2017, 12:50:52 PM
Hey how do the mitts work considering the skill needs a weapon>? or what skill do you use with them?
"
DocHolidae wrote:
Hey how do the mitts work considering the skill needs a weapon>? or what skill do you use with them?

Ancestral Warchief
Thank you for the build!

How would you compare this build to the Assassin side of things? I'm looking for a BF build, but something safe. Is it safer than Assassin?

Also, do you have any comparisons to the Ngamahu cyclone build? Safer than that?
What main for offhand weapon parameter to boost dps crit chance + aps or phys dps?
And how about maligaro virtuositi gloves crit chance + crit multi?
Thank you for responce.
Last edited by dronout on Jan 4, 2017, 6:39:24 AM
I'm a bit of a rookie but is there a reason not to dual wield the unique swords? they are cheap and would be ok at least in the beginning?
why not use dagger ? like Bino ?
I'm looking forward to trying this build. I'm eager to get to lvl 31 so I can try out the leveling uniques you suggested using. Thank you.

Also, are there any other unique weapons that would go well with Scaeva?
Last edited by GoldenGoblet on Jan 21, 2017, 4:42:56 AM
i'm using this in my offhand. 30% chance to grant a power charge on stun (so i'm basically always at 3 power charges), and grants unholy might for 2 seconds on kill (30% of physical damage added as chaos). and since i generate power charges effortlessly, i added HoI-CoH-Warlord's Mark - meaning i'm almost always at 7 (soon to be 8) frenzy charges, 3 power charges, and 3 endurance charges, with a nice dps boost to boot. it's also dirt cheap. the only downside is that it lowers warchief dps, but that's not really much of a drawback.

i might also skip the onslaught ascendancies in favor of the phasing ones. i've got these boots, the benefit of sitting at 36% attack dodge and 50% spell dodge is pretty tempting. or i might take quartz infusion and rapid assault, to try and get the best of both worlds (onslaught and 36% attack/40% spell dodge and boosted evasion).
Last edited by gadabyte on Jan 23, 2017, 11:09:43 PM
Small tip: been leveling up with Freezing blades with some crap uniques and it's going super fast so far. Also means you can stick with the ice style early on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info