Skill WITHER has a target-lock mechanic that is outdated and makes it Clunky for CwC

Wither has been used mostly on Totem, however now with Cast-while-Channeling it can be used as a self-cast skill for clearing, however it has this outdated lock-on target mechanic that makes it unplayable in hardcore for example.

I'm playing a Wither + CwC+ Firestorm build and this has killed me sometimes.

Cast while channeling has a delay before the secondary skill starts casting so you don't want to recast it, you want to drag it around. It has killed me sometimes in 2 ocasions:

1st.
The target locks on mob and I didn't notice, therefore my lifesteal is only applying to 1 mob, while it should be hitting a pack.

2nd. I notice it locked on a single target, and I try to cast on the right pack, but this makes me suffer the delay 2x for the firestorm to start falling.

The only way it works in a not-clunky way is if I start casting on the ground and start dragging around, which is Horrible and uneficient because the first debuffs will be wasted on the ground and if I'm not very quick the first firestormstorm will also fall on the empty ground.

Is there any reason not to remove the Lock-On mechanic from Wither?
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2017, 4:09:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'd definitely like to see this changed. I've died in the chimera fight more than once because my wither target lock follows him when he teleports out of the arena and summons his adds.
Can confirm this, it's horrible at the moment.

Hope they change this asap!
can we please get this fixed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info