2.6 Tornado shot Who said you had to hit more than once? (cheap) will make 1 for 3.0

Assassin - sliver tongue crit bleed/poison

Well, I just got bored with the usual BV/BF mainstream style builds. So I decided to take the matter into my own hands and here we are, with this crit bleed/poison build.
Who will like this build

people tired of playing all the mainstream stuff.
People who want a cheap but good build.
If you want to try something different.
People who like to see bosses drop dead within seconds.

Pros and cons

Pros:
High damage especially chaos/Phys.
Cheap.
always pierce.
Can be taken to great levels when using good gear.
Really high single target.
Can offscreen very easily.

Cons:
Phys reflect is a no go.
Can be hard to cap resist because of the sheer amounts of Uniques.
Can't run Vaal pact since we don't have a massive amount of on hit damage.
Off screening, loot filter will solve this problem.

Best in slot

We mainly use Sliver tongue because we have 100% bleed chance when we pierce which is always.

While sliver tongue is a really good and cheap option a good rare Phys Bow will also do the trick.

This item is just straight up amazing. BUT if you can't cap your res it isn't worth it also i recommend getting at least 3.5k life. But if you're able to use this helmet it will boost your DPS A lot
Now we get to the "Glove" part here we have a couple of Uniques you can use for optimal effect

So this is what I personally use, and I was so lucky to get a corrupt vulnerability on hit. Even if you're not as lucky as I was with the corrupt these are overall really good. Since with this and sliver tongue, we have 100% to bleed and poison on hit. Facebreakers are also good if you can live with the 40% chance to poison on hit.
Quiver is Drillneck there isn't a better option

Bandits

Normal: oak since we're life-based
Cruel: Kraityn or skill point. i took the point.
Merci: Since we're using frenzy we're always at max charges so snakebites will still be active therefore the charge out values the point.

Gem links

Gems.
Main skill Tornado shot.
5L. Tornado shot - Slower projectiles - Pierce - Physical projectile attack damage - Greater multiple projectiles.
6L. Tornado shot - Slower projectiles - Pierce - Physical projectile attack damage - Greater multiple projectiles - Faster projectiles/poison.
Single target.
5L. Frenzy - Slower projectiles - Pierce - Physical projectile attack damage - Rapid decay
6L. Frenzy - Slower projectiles - Pierce - Physical projectile attack damage - Faster projectiles/poison - Added fire.
Cdwt setup. Vortex. Inc duration. Cdwt. Immortal call.
Escape: blink arrow. faster attacks.
Auras: If you can get snakebite with vulnerability on hit you can drop the curse.
Hatred. blasphemy - vulnerability
Herald of ash. only if you've got snakebite with the corrupt.

Bows for leveling
The first bow I'd recommend is a silver branch, this can be equipped after we kill Brutus.

Roth's reach can be equipped Level 18. And is a good bow until you can get Death's harp.

Death's harp can be equipped at level 32 and can carry you all the way to merciless A4 if you still haven't acquired a Sliver tongue you can now upgrade Death's harp to Death's opus. Death's opus can carry you to around t7-8 maps.

Other options instead of Death's opus. Chin sol. Lioney's glare. Reach of the council (this can also be used as the main bow if you can live with the lower chance to cause bleed)

Merseds. Just pointed out to me that Rapid decay shouldn't work with the setup, so i tested it and found that he was right. A huge thanks to him for pointing that out :D Our 6L has been changed to faster projectiles/poison. this can also be made a lot different now since you can also run poison. which makes this build more versatile and Facebreakers are now on par with Snakebites.

Also a small update master force on the tree is 100% worth grabbing since it helps with phys reflect and gives some phys dmg.
To anyone wondering if I'm still replying to questions of cause i am :D i just do by private msg you're also welcome to msg me in game my characters name is Glad_Splat and yes there's also a guide on that build :D. Written March 25 2017.
Last edited by cgnGOD on Aug 4, 2017, 11:41:00 AM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2017, 9:41:21 PM
Recommended bandits?
Poison is double dipped by the "less" modifier on GMP. Is it worth it? I have done the math on GMP and LMP multiple times and it never looked good to me. I might be missing something obvious!
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Yes after what i've tested GMP and lmp are both good but overall GMP came out superior since you just shot so many projectiles that the chances of hitting a target twice with a arrow was a lot higher which gives us more poison damage.
Last edited by cgnGOD on Dec 8, 2016, 4:28:57 PM
"
Ruben8887 wrote:
Recommended bandits?

Normal: oak since we're life-based
Cruel: Kraityn or skill point. i took the point.
Merci: Since we're using frenzy we're always at max charges so snakebites will still be active therefore the charge out values the point.
Last edited by cgnGOD on Dec 8, 2016, 4:32:15 PM
How can you use rapid decay on attacks that don't have ''durration'' on them?
"
merseds wrote:

Well since we're causing bleed and poison on hit with our attack this will work.
Last edited by cgnGOD on Dec 8, 2016, 4:35:02 PM
As far as I know skill that you're applying poison/bleed with needs to have ''duration'' tag , otherwise rapid decay doesn't affect poison/bleed.

Quote from Mark_GGG:
Rapid Decay is restricted to supporting Duration skills in exactly the same way as Concentrated Effect restricted to supporting Area skills.
"
cgnGOD wrote:
"
merseds wrote:

Well since we're causing bleed and poison on hit with our attack this will work. I've just tested it on Voll in merciless. killed him 5 times without Rapid decay times were 9,09-8,32s. With Rapid decay, the times were 7,79-7,32s so it seems to be working.
"
merseds wrote:
As far as I know skill that you're applying poison/bleed with needs to have ''duration'' tag , otherwise rapid decay doesn't affect poison/bleed.

Quote from Mark_GGG:
Rapid Decay is restricted to supporting Duration skills in exactly the same way as Concentrated Effect restricted to supporting Area skills.

I will test this further since the numbers I got doesn't add up with the damage increase on Rapid decay. but if this is the chase we can either use faster projectiles or poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info