[2.5pre] Low Life Occultist Vortex (gemlvl28) 10 grand spectrum 242k degen Experiment UberAtziri Vid

Hello guys, i present u this experiment with Occultist, low life, 10 grand spectrum, +3 cold staff. Sorry about that, but vortex doesn't have the mtx :/

I chose Occultist for defensive layer, since we got 2h weapon and we don't leech, need some good defense like faster start energy shield and Vile Bastion.
The gem Vortex is at lvl 28 thanks to +3 staff and lvl 4 empower.
The Passive Tree is for 12 grand spectrum, but i use 10 grand spectrum only cuz i use Energy From Within and Intuitive Leap (look down to see where i use them).
With Intuitive Leap i take Essence Surge (30% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate, 15% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge) and Hex Master (5% increased Effect of your Curses, 80% increased Curse Duration, 20% increased Radius of Curse Skills) to get some defense.
Use Pyre in combo con Elemental Equilibrium so first hit of vortex is fire but degen is always cold so u get -50% cold res

- Recommended Enchantments on helm: Vortex Duration, Vortex Radius, Flame Dash cool down recovery (to use it frequently), Reduce Discipline mana reserved (to cast aura on life more easly)
- Bandits: point / cast speed / point
- Ascendancy: Malediction, Vile Bastion
- Defense: 7.8k es, 22% block, recharge occurrence modifier +41%, 123 es regen, 3k recharge

As you can easily understand the Shav not need 6l, just 6s.
Gear
10xGrand Spectrum

AMAZING DEGEN 242k COLD DAMAGE OVER TIME ->(looks at the third last row)

Enjoy ^.^

My builds
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Last edited by Hitma47 on Nov 5, 2017, 7:30:04 AM
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2017, 1:34:59 PM
hi can the dps from this build still melt bosses or high resist mobs in 3-4 party groups?
MFJonesHC
the degen it's always the same but in party the life of mobs is high so ofc less damage vs them but still good.. :)
I'm trying this now, but I feel like it's missing something defensively. Low mobility and no ES leech makes it difficult for a baddie like me to play it properly.

That said it's a lot of fun.
Does that vortex DOT damage works with leach mechanism? Or it will leach just the first hit?
"
blekotacz wrote:
Does that vortex DOT damage works with leach mechanism? Or it will leach just the first hit?

cannot leech dot, vortex leech only first hit
So the chaos dmg in that tool tip screen shot is from just after you had killed and Malediction was in effect?
"
dostov wrote:
So the chaos dmg in that tool tip screen shot is from just after you had killed and Malediction was in effect?

yes it is from malediction, but the 242k degen is only cold damage
The main thing that I don't understand is why you use Elemental Focus instead of chance to ignite. When the vortex tooltip says "Spell damage also affects this skill's Damage over Time", what that means is that modifiers to spell damage on the skill also function as modifiers to damage over time; for example,

Pain attunement: 30% more spell damage -> also acts as "30% more damage over time" on Vortex. Notice that this also applies to other forms of damage over time, like poison and ignite, and not just the cold damage over time while enemies are standing in the AoE.

This allows you to deal insane ignite damage with vortex, and is the reason why wearing the unique Pyre ring is so popular with the skill; ignites with vortex are able to double dip on spell damage bonuses, like those from Righteous Fire, Pain Attunement, and Controlled Destruction, as well as more "standard" bonuses, like those from Elemental Overload, Concentrated Effect, reduced enemy resistances, and increased enemy damage taken.

A 243k cold DPS tooltip on vortex is quite impressive, but not nearly as impressive as the over 1m ignite DPS you could be dealing.
"
HHHHHH wrote:
The main thing that I don't understand is why you use Elemental Focus instead of chance to ignite. When the vortex tooltip says "Spell damage also affects this skill's Damage over Time", what that means is that modifiers to spell damage on the skill also function as modifiers to damage over time; for example,

Pain attunement: 30% more spell damage -> also acts as "30% more damage over time" on Vortex. Notice that this also applies to other forms of damage over time, like poison and ignite, and not just the cold damage over time while enemies are standing in the AoE.

This allows you to deal insane ignite damage with vortex, and is the reason why wearing the unique Pyre ring is so popular with the skill; ignites with vortex are able to double dip on spell damage bonuses, like those from Righteous Fire, Pain Attunement, and Controlled Destruction, as well as more "standard" bonuses, like those from Elemental Overload, Concentrated Effect, reduced enemy resistances, and increased enemy damage taken.

A 243k cold DPS tooltip on vortex is quite impressive, but not nearly as impressive as the over 1m ignite DPS you could be dealing.

yes is true, elemental focus also buff cold damage over time, but i've seen many players make double damage over time adding the burning; in this setup i use pyre for elemental equilibrium +25 fier but -50 cold so cold damage over time works better.. but yes u are true, if i add the ignite in this build i will win everything, just need to take care vs uber atziri (raged vaal cannot be ignited and same raged last remaining of trio cannot be ignited and same the queen cannot be ignited)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info