Kitava's Thirst + Channeling question

If you spend 100+ mana within the duration of a single channel, does that qualify as spending 100 mana on a skill?
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2017, 1:44:19 AM
No. Only the initial activation cost counts.
No. Spending 50 mana, then spending 50 mana, is not the same as spending 100 mana - each spending event is independent.

If you can raise the cost of a channelled skill above 100, it will trigger on the initial cost, but not each time you spend that much to maintain the channel, because it only triggers when spending mana to use the skill, not to maintain an already-used skill.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 11, 2016, 5:18:39 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No. Spending 50 mana, then spending 50 mana, is not the same as spending 100 mana - each spending event is independent.

If you can raise the cost of a channelled skill above 100, it will trigger on the initial cost, but not each time you spend that much to maintain the channel, because it only triggers when spending mana to use the skill, not to maintain an already-used skill.

"
fishf00d8 wrote:
When I try to cast a 100 mana cost flameblast, kitavas thirst only triggers on the initial cast and not while channeling the spell. Though based on this post this should not be the case?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

If you can raise the cost of a channelled skill above 100, it will trigger on the initial cost, and each time you spend that much to maintain the channel, because each of those times you're spending 100+ mana.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1773158

First time posting, sorry if it does not come out right.

Between the two posts above regarding Kitava's Thirst and Cast while Channeling, which one is supposed to be correct? It will trigger each time mana is spent (provided it is over 100) or it will not?

Thanks for clarifying.
It will trigger once, when you activate your channeled skill (if activation costs >=100 mana). It will not trigger anymore until you stop channeling and activate skill again(i.e. it will not trigger while channeling at all).
In yet other words, it will trigger on skill activation, it will not trigger on skill channeling.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
If you have a 100+ mana cost channeled skill and you mash the button quickly, you can potentially trigger Kitava's pretty fast. Someone did this with Flameblast a while back.

That said, Kitava's doesn't really proc often enough to make it a primary damage source to be built around. I tested it myself when it was first released.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info