Does Xoph's Inception work with proliferation?

Does Xoph's Inception work with proliferation? Or is "Ignites you cause also affect other nearby enemies" basically free proliferation, but only for Ignites and not other status ailments?
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2016, 11:06:25 AM
"
Does Xoph's Inception work with proliferation? Or is "Ignites you cause also affect other nearby enemies" basically free proliferation, but only for Ignites and not other status ailments?

I doubt we'll know until Breach launches, as GGG doesn't usually answer such queries in advance.

My suspicion, though, is that the two mechanics would "break" each other. You'd either get the Bow's "Prolif" or actual Prolif, but not both.

OFC, if both DID work, expect Emberwake to take a massive rise in price as a Burning Arrow Double Prolif style suddenly becomes all the rage. Stacking up to 300 Ignites becomes much more valuable when you can ignite twice as much as usual.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"

I doubt we'll know until Breach launches, as GGG doesn't usually answer such queries in advance.

My suspicion, though, is that the two mechanics would "break" each other. You'd either get the Bow's "Prolif" or actual Prolif, but not both.

OFC, if both DID work, expect Emberwake to take a massive rise in price as a Burning Arrow Double Prolif style suddenly becomes all the rage. Stacking up to 300 Ignites becomes much more valuable when you can ignite twice as much as usual.

How would that even work? If you have monster A, B and C near each other and ignite A, how many ignites would end up on each target? The one from A should spread via Xoph's to B and C, can those then proliferate back onto A for more stacks? Would those in turn proliferate back onto B and C again? I imagine it doesn't work this way, otherwise it'd be an endless loop.
Double Ignition Prolif would, presumably, be that if you Ignite A, B and C will get ONE Ignite from Xoph, and ONE Ignite from Prolif, thus making it two Ignites. It's worth mentioning, this would ONLY apply if you were using the Emberwake ring, so that your Ignites can stack.

In practice, with current Emberwake Prolif builds, many people choose to use multiple projectiles or ignition sources. So in those, A, B, and C would each get one Ignite caused on them. Prolif then makes that 3 Ignites on each, because each initial Ignite would Prolif to the other two, and so on. Double Ignite Prolif, IF that's what happens, would make that 6 Ignites.

Better yet, you can then imagine a pack of say, 6 monsters...And you use, just for example, Burning Arrow, LMP, Pierce. You Ignite all 6. Double Prolif makes that a LOT of Ignites very quickly, with just one shot.

If this DOES cause double Prolif, I am 100% reviving my old BA Chieftain. Voidwalker boots for the free Pierce, so I don't have to cross the tree like I did in my old Prophecy Character, and then go RT and scale Flat Ignite chance. Would be so good.

Honestly, even without DOUBLE Proliffing, this makes a LOT of good options. I could now go, say, Split Arrow, Xoph Bow, and Avatar of Fire to get 100% Fire Split Arrow. Before this bow, I would be going Signal Fire, or using Phys/Light, Cold/Fire, Call of the Brotherhood, AND Avatar of Fire. Lot more effort before Signal Fire, and Signal Fire locks out some nice quivers.

Or the Xoph neck, actually...That'd give me free AoF, and open up things like Crit Deadeye without needing AoF, Flat Ignite, or losing all the good bow stuff near Ranger.

- Sheepster
but prolif has a less damage modifier on ignite, so you lose damage on hit, on ignite and then on ignite proliferated twice = rip damage and viability.

So the only efficient way for your your idea is the witch's ascendancy: beacon of ruin.

I think this bow will be trash tier: it lacks dps, low crit. And there is a lot of aoes possibilities with bow!

On the other hand i think the 2handed axe will be amazing, ngamahu's flame, 20% fire pene, fire convert and a kind of coc ... Love.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Nov 24, 2016, 1:45:20 AM
Elly Prolif builds DID exist before Elementalist, and they still do now.

As for DPS lacks...Steel Rings, Anger Aura, scale fire damage.

Low crit...Go RT, get flat ignite change going, and suddenly you have no need for accuracy. You're not scaling ignite SIZE so much as ignite AMOUNT if you go Emberwake,

The Axe seems...Infernal Blow, basically. I don't see many other uses. I LIKE Infernal Blow, and if I can get my hands on the axe that is exactly what I will do with it. Other than that I see no use to it.

- Sheepster
I'm working on a BA trapper build so I'm more interested in another question. Does the prolif on the bow work for traps?
"
msj1990 wrote:
I'm working on a BA trapper build so I'm more interested in another question. Does the prolif on the bow work for traps?
It should. Traps attack using the stats you would if you attacked yourself.

Blink Arrow clones also wear your bow and quiver so eventhough they're minions they'll get the "free" prolif for their attacks or Minion Instability explosions.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
It's the same modifier as the elemental proliferation gem, but limited to ignite.

An ignite can't affect something twice. It either spreads to other enemies or it doesn't, it can't "spread twice" and end up as two ignites on the other enemy.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

An ignite can't affect something twice. It either spreads to other enemies or it doesn't, it can't "spread twice" and end up as two ignites on the other enemy.

What if your wearing the ring Emberwake?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info