Shrapnel Deadeye Build [2.4]

Hi Everyone!

This is the first time i ever present a build here. Although I play for quit a long time PoE (aprox 3 years) It was always in small portions (2-3 hours a week) so i never felt that i can contribute more than semi-proffesional players who invest many hours playing and studying the game.

Usually i prefer to create my own builds and to not follow a certain guide.Although usually the build is weaker than many others, i find it more rewarding since i learn much more, and i feel more conected to the build i created myself.

this time i decided to share my build for two reasons:
1. I haven't seen similar builds and i think it can be a nice addition to the existing ones.
2. It's a fun to play build
3. It has a very fast clear speed and high dmg
4. It is cheap
5. It can reach T15 easily
6. I'd like to hear your opinionabout how to improve it.

I apologize for any English mistakes ?I'm gonna make (and made). I'm not a native english speaker, so it does not come easily to me.

So what are the Build basics?

It is a DeadEye (Ranger) bow charachter who uses shrapnel shot as the main skill. the idea behind this charachter is that shrapnel shot has 100% pierce chance and scale both with phys and elemental dmg, forther more it is influence both by bow/ranged improvements and by AoE too. the idea is to stack phys dmg and to convert it to ele one (mainly lightning dmg), and to add as much as pierce as possible. the dmg scales good, and the piercing effect help it to clear many mobs quickly and create a shock stacks on them making you damage even greater. I also use whiter to add cold dmg and shatter mobs n death, herald of ash to add fire dmg and add clear speed in large number packs, and herald of thunder to inflict proj weak/enfeeble curse (using curse on hit) on the mobs. The builds has a high mana/life leech which make it very fun and it doesn't require much use of flasks

The gear is very simple and do not require endgame uniques or extremly expensive gear,
the only nessecary unique might be drillneck and maybe Lioneye's glare.

My current gear and gem setup is:
Spoiler

My passive tree is

It is a very cheap build which should not cost more than 1 ex-2 ex overall

The damage is however quite impressive and can deal almost any kind of mob including top bosses
normal dmg is above 80K dps (two arrows, +40K each) not including the extra damage from the herald of ash and the shock stacks and proj weak curse, whith Atziri's promise+bonus from light golom and 3 endurance charges it goes over 100K dmg.

normal dmg

with flasks and 3 endurance charges.

The main weaknesses of this build is its (relativly) low life and protection, however it does not cause any problem till high tier maps (T14+)

Now, I'll be glad to hear what you think? do you like it? how do you think it can be improved? should i add more things to the guide? i'll be happy to hear everything!

Last edited by Odnight on Nov 23, 2016, 2:37:31 PM
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2016, 12:52:17 PM
^
"
Odnight wrote:
Now, I'll be glad to hear what you think? do you like it? how do you think it can be improved? should i add more things to the guide? i'll be happy to hear everything!

You should really add at least 1 video where you are showing build in action. No need to talk or anything just gameplay from higher map. This is basically first thing what players looking for in guide if they are interest.
And you can add url tag around passive tree adress it's hard to copy it.

\\E: And I think you forgot to tell about bandits rewards and also which 2 Ascendancy points choose (you have only 6 in your passive tree).
Last edited by BrutalGrizzly on Nov 23, 2016, 10:59:56 AM
Sharing videos is a bit of a problem too me, my PC ain't that good, so recording while playing cause lots of lags...

anyway with the bandits i think i recommend to take the passive point for all the 3 times, although it is not what i originally did.

I'm not sure what the two final ascendancy points should be, bleeding can be nice but it is not a crit build, also chaining might be nice, but i think that powerful precision would be the best.
^
Hi,

It will be great if you provide a more detailed information about the skilling tree. I mean leveling wise :). I will definitely try it out as it seems pretty fun.
Last edited by Odnight on Nov 26, 2016, 5:29:41 PM
Many thanks for the information :) another thing came across my mind, did you use any additional leveling gear? Lets say Silverbranch crude bow or anything else until you gather your gears and level up to the requested level to put them on?
I mainly leveled using rare bows with high phys dmg together with rare rings who offer life and WED.
Last edited by Odnight on Nov 26, 2016, 5:31:19 PM
I'd suggest Lightning Penetration instead of Pierce, it has low damage multiplier and you're 100% elemental.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info