[2.4] Life based Dual Wield Dagger Crit Slayer Reave

Video

Here's the Passive tree

Why Dual wield over shield?

Because Dual Wielding gives you a Substantial Damage increase over wearing a shield.

Just using an offhand gives you 10% MORE attack speed and 20% MORE physical damage. If you're a pure phys build, that can be equated immediately to 43% MORE dps. Essentially an entire gem link, but that's not all.

Dual wielding also lets you get the better dps nodes like the "Twin Terror's" nodes as well as having an offhand "Stat Stick". These stat sticks can offer an immense amount of utility, and you can keep one of them all and swap around based on the map mods/bosses.

There are a few options for the offhand:

Offhands

Lavianga's Wisdom

This is a decent option, it gives you a bit of life/mana, and a bit of area damage.

More importantly, it gives you 10% Radius, which is very nice. If you really want the life/mana this is a pretty good option, however, it's not the only weapon to give radius.

Breath of the Council

This also has the vital stat, "10% increased Radius of Area Skills". However, it also has up to 80% increased chaos damage and 40% chaos skill effect duration. The chaos damage is very nice since it will affect Atziri's promise damage as well as Unholy Might damage if you use the jewel "Malicious Intent". Furthermore, it also scales Poison damage which is nice to have, and it does affect Viper Strike's skill duration which is a pretty good single target skill to have.

Soul Taker

This is a very good weapon to use for a few reasons.

1. It has a high attack speed. This means that your Ancestral Warchief will have a high attack speed since Ancestral Warchief averages the attack speed of both weapons but only attacks with the Main Hand.

2. It gives Cold Resistance. This is pretty nice and can make capping resists a bit easier.

3. Physical Damage can chill. This isn't the best, but chilling is never bad, especially if your build couldn't do it effectively before.

4. Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee attacks. This is the big one. This means you can reserve your entire mana pool and still be able to cast warchief totems, cast reave/whirling blades. It's incredibly nice to have and makes it easy to run 60% regen maps or to ditch mana leech.

Death's Hand;

This is probably the highest DPS offhand you can get.

It gives Power Charge on stun which is very nice as it basically gives 150% crit chance while mapping.

It gives Unholy Might which is a Huge damage buff. 30% of your physical damage added as chaos is enormous, especially when considering that Chaos damage isn't reflected and often isn't resisted.

I prefer Laviagna's/Breath of the Council while low-tier mapping because the AOE increase is very nice for clear speed. I use Soul Taker/Death's hand for red maps + including guardians and shaper.

Soul Taker/Death's Hand are definitely worth at least a support gem slot, if not two. Basically, going DW gives you such a large damage increase that we can gear and spend passives for defense.

Other

Helmet

I'd use Abyssus in this slot. The damage increase it gives is enormous, and the downside can be mitigated significantly through our other gear choices. It's also gives stats which are sorely needed, and is very useful for facing shaper since his most deadly attacks are mostly elemental.

Rat's nest is a less dps but slightly safer alternative.

Abyssus isn't needed of course so it's very possible to just use a rare helm in its place.

There are alot of good helmet enchants. 40% reave damage is always good. 12% reave radius is very nice for clear speed. Temp Chains curse effectiveness allows you to hit 75% temp chains which means that you're basically not going to be hit by anything.

Chest

I use Lightning Coil since it Converts 30% of physical damage to Lightning Damage. This is before Abyssus increases damage taken, which means that it's preventing even more damage than it would first seem. While Belly of the Beast may seem attractive, its large life increase is significantly less effective than LC's damage mitigation.

Boots

I use rare boots here with Lots of Life/Resists. These usually aren't that expensive since Boots without MS aren't very popular. The best enchant on boots are, Regen when hit, Attackspeed on recent kill, Life/Mana leech on recent kill.

Gloves

Atziri's Acuities are the BiS here. They're very expensive, so not everyone has access to them, but boy are they amazing for slayer. They allow you to have Instant Life Leech while also also maintaining ~40% Life regen/second from the Slayer nodes Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervor.

If you don't have access to this unique, A pair of rare gloves with the 20% more attack speed essence craft is very good for Whirling Blades.

Facebreakers/Maligaro's virtuosity are also very good.

Corrupted Southbound with curse implicit is nice if you want to drop a curse.

Shadow's and Dust are always nice here, especially the mana leech.

Honorable mention goes to the essence craft %Crit gloves which allow for the wearing of Kaom's Heart.

The best implicit is probably Vuln/Temp Chains on hit. However, the Uber lab enchant: Commandment of Spite is also very good. It basically means that upon getting hit, you'll instantly leech back the life you've lost as well as chilling the enemy.

Belt

Rare Belt with the most life you can get is the best Here. A leather belt with 90+ life and 50 strength is all you need. The best suffix is Reduced Flask Charges used and you can craft on the "Flask Duration" from Tora. You could, of course, use a headhunter.

Rings/Amulet

Your rings should have Life/Resists as well as Accuracy. Flat physical damage is also very good.

Your amulet represents an incredible amount of damage. Getting Flat Physical damage along with a life roll and a Crit multiplier roll is very important since you can craft on the Elreon %crit chance mod.

If you can use a Voidheart, you should.Try to get the highest poison roll possible.

Main Hand Weapon

Your main hand weapon can be a bino's. It's a very good dagger. The bad thing about that dagger is the lack of a local attack speed modifier which is huge for whirling blades. The implicit attack speed on a weapon is a MORE multiplier to whirling blades attack speed. Getting a similar or slightly worse dagger with a very high(25%+) local aspd modifier is way more important.

Gem Links

Reave - Increased AoE - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage are your main links.

If you're using %crit essence crafted gloves, those are your only links. For single target, sub in Concentrated Effect. Your fifth link will be Inc-Critical strikes/Inc-Critical damage.

If your critical strike chance is ~70% without Inc Crit strikes, then diamond flask will top out your crit chance and you should probably use inc crit damage.

Your final gem link should be fortify/Added Fire/Bloodlust. For normal mapping, any 6th link gem is fine. However, for bosses that aren't bleed immune (Wtf Minotaur), your ancestral totem can apply bleed, then you can hit with reave and bloodlust for an insane damage multiplier.

Reave's tooltip will be misleading since it assumes you'll attack with your offhand. It's hard to calculate the exact dps of your reave, but it's usually about 2x the tooltip damage.

If you can't handle physical reflect, subbing in Phys->lightning is acceptable.

If you're not using Soul Taker, you'll be using a Whirling Blades->Faster Attacks->Fortify->Blood Magic setup. With soul taker, replace blood magic with 20% Culling Strike, or just put it into a 3L. You want to aim for 400% or more ASPD on whirling blades. if you're using the 20% more aspd essence gloves, this is very easy to achieve.

CWDT -Immortal Call - Vortex:

Very good for avoiding one-shots and for trivializing non-chill-immune bosses.

Blasphemy-*Curse of your choosing*-Herald of Ash-Arctic Armor.

Arctic armor is further defense against physical damage. Herald of ash improves clear speed. A curse of your choice is VERY good. If you hit a 30% temp Chains effectiveness enchant, I'd replace Arctic Armor with a level 4 Enhance which will bring your Temp Chains to 52% slow and with 40% effectiveness from 20% Blasphemy and the helmet enchant, you'll reach 73% slow which basically means that enemies don't move. Furthermore, it will make effects expire 56% slower, more than doubling the effectiveness of Bleed/Poison.

Vaal Reave-BloodRage-Ice Golem

Utility Skills.

Ancestral Warchief-Concentrated Effect-Melee physical Damage-Inc Crit/Poison

Ancestral Warchief does a non-negligible amount of damage. The tooltip is misleading since it only attacks with your mainhand weapon. Especially with voidheart, it will more than double your damage with the Bloodlust support gem. For shaper, you can even put this into your 6L and use a pseudo 5L such as the crit gloves or wyrmscale for your attack skill.

Passive Tree Points

Here's the Passive tree

One of the best perks of Dual Wielding is that Dual Wielding jewels are very cheap.

Other than that, the best stats on a Jewel are

%life

%Area damage

%Damage

%Dagger Aspd

%DW Aspd

%Aspd

%Physical Damage

%Crit Multi

%Crit Chance

Area damage/Damage on jewels double dips for Poison and Bleed.

%aspd is very good for your main attack and whirling blades.

%Crit Multi is a very good stat along with physical damage.

%Life is very very good, but an expensive stat to get.

%All Elemental Resistances is pretty good as well.

The Malicious Intent jewel is very good for clearing maps if not using Death's Hand.

For the Acendency Points, I went for Headsman and Brutal Fervor.

The 15% AOE from Impact just wasn't worth the benefits from Brutal Fervor: Stun immunity, Bleed immunity, Leech speed, Max leech speed.

Flasks

Arguably the most important part of any build, the flasks are also very important for this build.

The most important flasks are Lion's Roar and Taste of Hate. These give an immense damage and defense. Taste of hate especially helps deal with Abyssus in the same way that Lightning Coil does.

Then you can choose between the following flasks.

Diamond Flask is very nice since it caps out your crit while saving a gem link.

Atziri's Promise is nice for a very big damage boost as well as leech.

Dying Sun makes your Reave YUGE and improves clear speed Tremendously.

Rumi's Concoction isn't that great since we take acro, but is still a big defensive boost

Witchfire Brew lets you drop a curse and gives you a ton of evasion + blind. You can also dual curse with this flask if you wish to.

Basalt Flask For when you really need the Physical Damage Reduction.

Jade Flask You can opt to go for Grace, and with a jade flask of Reflexes and Stibnite, you can easily reach 40k evasion, which is very substantial extremely powerful with with LC+ToH since evasion's biggest downfall was not being able to mitigate large hits, and ToH+LC lets you mitigate those hits.

of Grounding/of Heat LC can shock you and ToH can freeze you. FeelsBadMan. I'm grounded and warm. FeelsGood.

Life Flask It's a life build, these are good. You should use them.

This build is uber and shaper viable. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them

Map Mods:

Can do them all. No leech is a pain, but doable with some heavy gear swapping: Abyssus out, ToH out, LC Out, Sibyl's lament + fortify for 100% phys reflect reduction. Sub in a life Flask.

Blood magic: Just turn off your auras. Or leave them on if you want to ball out of control.

Reflect: Don't do unless you have instant leech or take off conversion gear+abyssus and use sibyl's lament + fortify for 100% reflect reduction.

Noregen is fine, just use Soul Taker

60% reduced regen is kinda bothersome without insta leech, not even an issue with it. Just use Soul Taker.

Damage mods: Enfeeble curse/Tc curse, or run them both on these maps for maximum safety by sacrificing damage from voidheart for a curse ring.

One of the best parts of this build is that it can do all the map mods in the game.

I know that a few of you are going to say "mirrored dagger, LUL" but a mirrored dagger isn't necessary at all. In my video I'm using a IIQ gem as a 6th link and I'm missing an abyssus. My damage is far less than a binos + abyssus and a 6L. I've downed shaper with a bino's.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Oct 16, 2016, 3:38:43 PM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2016, 7:59:45 PM
Are u by chance a fan of Jimmy Fallon
"
zaniac26 wrote:
Are u by chance a fan of Jimmy Fallon

No...

Why?
How's your survivability? HC viable?
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
"
echelontee wrote:
How's your survivability? HC viable?

If I wear a real ring and belt, and use more life jewels, I hit about 6.1k hp.

With LC and Taste of Hate, your physical mitigation is quite massive. I can just stand in the lab traps without losing hp if I'm leeching.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info