Ascendancy Points Unlocked

Once you do labs the ascendancy points could be unlocked by all following chars on the account

Now you have ab option here to either wait for the quest or just do the lab for the points whenever you can or want like how it is now

Normal Lab Level 20
Cruel Lab Level 40
Merc Lab Level 60
Uber Lab Level 80
A new quest will be added to your list at these levels (if you havnt done the lab yet... if you have you get no quest)
This quest is for the ascendancy points and allows you to pick a class
It wants you to go to act 3 shrine thing (where you enter lab) and click on it like a normal npc quest
Dialog will popup and tell you about ascendancy classes or whatever like the shrine in the lab does

Last bumped on Oct 5, 2016, 9:28:46 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sooo... basically you're saying you only want to have to do the lab once per difficulty, per league? I don't see that happening. That would be SUPPPER unbalanced. Not to mention your proposed levels for getting points are pretty far off. Normal lab level 20? That's like late act 2 Normal. Not end of act 3...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Sooo... basically you're saying you only want to have to do the lab once per difficulty, per league? I don't see that happening. That would be SUPPPER unbalanced. Not to mention your proposed levels for getting points are pretty far off. Normal lab level 20? That's like late act 2 Normal. Not end of act 3...

Ascendency points for level matching aside...

'SUPPPER unbalanced', how? The lab itself is SUPPPER unbalanced across the different classes. This will help better balance that out. Some builds are made for the player enjoyment because this is a video game, not made for stupid traps that's unlike the entire rest of the game.
I hate to be downer here but I just don't see this happening. I don't enjoy the lab myself and find it goes against a lot of core elements in this game. But GGG either loves these trap mechanics so much, or they have too much pride to admit they messed this one up. Either way, they've added a few trap like mechanics to map,s so it's kind of here to stay. Just have to live with it.
I think it would be a shitty idea Lab is a great part of the game and should remain that way
"
diablofdb wrote:
I think it would be a shitty idea Lab is a great part of the game and should remain that way

I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but I agree with the non-sarcastic version of this. It's not like I would cry if Lab was easy-unlocked, but there's this weird "blandness" feeling that comes on, similar to the feeling you get if you were playing Diablo II and suddenly dropped an item with DESTROYS ALL ENEMIES ON SCREEN ON HIT. INDESTRUCTABLE go on a level 30 paladin to kill Hell Baal. Imagine that item dropped every 5 minutes of play. Kind of annoying, no?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Why stop there? Why not have all quest rewards unlocked after you do them with 1 character? Then you could just level at the leveling spots until you are high enough to enter the next difficulty and wouldn't have to worry about fighting the act bosses.

Allowing you to skip progression is bad for the game. Before you know it you have something like shared paragon levels.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
adghar wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but I agree with the non-sarcastic version of this. It's not like I would cry if Lab was easy-unlocked, but there's this weird "blandness" feeling that comes on, similar to the feeling you get if you were playing Diablo II and suddenly dropped an item with DESTROYS ALL ENEMIES ON SCREEN ON HIT. INDESTRUCTABLE go on a level 30 paladin to kill Hell Baal. Imagine that item dropped every 5 minutes of play. Kind of annoying, no?

it wasn't sarcastic, I like the lab it's the only thing that feels different from the rest of the game, it feel fresh. Also it's legit scary and scary in a good way it's one of the moments that keep me on my toes. it's good having something that gets us out from our comfort zone.
Since this issue will never go away (even if all forum regulars suddenly imploded, the content would remain just as divisive for new players), GGG is going to need to do something about the Labyrinth, for the sake of their game's health if nothing else.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why stop there? Why not have all quest rewards unlocked after you do them with 1 character? Then you could just level at the leveling spots until you are high enough to enter the next difficulty and wouldn't have to worry about fighting the act bosses.

Allowing you to skip progression is bad for the game. Before you know it you have something like shared paragon levels.

... Here, eat dog shit (the lab) because it's part of the progression, because, well we said so. I mean, can't cut out progression now, therefore, dog shit is good! Some great logic there. Especially because that wonderful logic is backed up by 'lore'. lul
Last edited by Siochan on Oct 4, 2016, 2:06:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info