added lightning dmg support vs innervate support

if the goal was a CWDT setup in a 3 link to cause shock status on unfriendlies. Which support would inherently be better for shock duration. Crit chance is around 70% and shock nova is lvl 17

I'm in the process of trying it out, but the math eludes me as far as pre-planning goes. There are no passives invested that would buff shock duration at this point.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2016, 12:34:34 PM
The duration of shock is based on the damage dealt, guess more damage is better. You could do some test runs in lake, find out what suits your taste.
Innervate support is the worst support gem there is, except for Trap Cooldown. And even then, at least Trap Cooldown has a niche use.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I use Innervate on my Mjolner to get the Onslaught buff, which increases my attack speed and therefore increase the Mjolner procs. Not sure if it's the best solution. Still trying to find the best solution after the Discharge/CoC/Mjolner nerfs.
"
Mal_function wrote:
I use Innervate on my Mjolner to get the Onslaught buff, which increases my attack speed and therefore increase the Mjolner procs. Not sure if it's the best solution. Still trying to find the best solution after the Discharge/CoC/Mjolner nerfs.

Oh, that is quite clever. Does it actually work, though? I guess if you use culling as well.

Wouldn't multistrike and faster attacks give more aspd though?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I was using Faster Attacks and Multistrike too :) I certainly get the Onslaught, and it's up nearly 100%, but whether it's the best for overall damage output is a different story. My Mjolner setup is a bit unconventional to say the least.

Death's Oath for the armour, attack speed & stats. The chaos aura is kinda useless, but it does make enemies in dark places visible when their health bar appears. Broken Crown for some stats and chaos rest, plus it has a Ground Slam enchantment. I WAS using Ground Slam for charge generation for Discharge before 2.4, but that is much less useful now with the Juggernaut nerf. The name of the game was to get max attack speed, max hits, but the game has changed.

Anyhow, this is an Innervation thread, shouldn't derail it.

I have also used Innervation on a Static Strike character as an add-on to one of many lightning skills - Static Strike, Herald of Thunder, Tempest Shield, Orb of Storms, but I could never really find the best home for it, which skill would get sufficient kills to proc the Onslaught regularly, but wouldn't be better off with a different support.

I wouldn't call it the worst support gem. The bonus is potentially good, but it's kinda difficult to fit in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info