Cyrillic symbols not visible on arena map?

I was doing some casual pvp today in sarn arena. There was a player with a name consisting out of cyrillic/greek symbols + 2 underscores. On the arena map only the underscores showed. His map visibility was so low compared to other players there, that at first glance he seemed not to show on the map at all.

Is this an old bug that I've only now become aware off?
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2016, 4:17:22 PM
I have indeed noticed this as well. It's not all of the characters, but some of them.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Reminds me of D2 where having a very short name was an advantage since it was harder to tell how close you were from dying.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I saw a guy with all Russian characters in his name and they worked. Even on the big map.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Depend of the name, sometimes even very big names are only shown as -- (wich is almost invisible if you don't pay attention) on the minimap. I reckon the engine wasn't built so Cyrillic Alphabet could show properly outside the text box.

Underscore in cyrillic name cause truncating the name on map overlay. It's "2-lines of code" bug.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Underscore in cyrillic name cause truncating the name on map overlay. It's "2-lines of code" bug.
That's some good information to put in a bug report.

If only cyrillic names with underscores are bugged, some of them will be doing it on purpose. Anything to gain an edge.

Has anyone seen this bug occur with 1 underscore, or are 2 needed? The guy I saw yesterday was called something like "Garble_Warble_". The placement of the 2nd underscore made me suspicious.
"
RunawayFixer wrote:
That's some good information to put in a bug report.

I've reported this almost 4 weeks ago :P
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Sweet, bumped ur thread.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info