Please add DC protection on Lab =( Please.

Thread.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Sep 15, 2016, 4:26:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What kind of DC protection would you add, and how would you make sure it can't be abused with a process kill faking a disconnection?
wow, for once i do agree with you I_NO.

and to my surprise your post is not a salty comment.

Question is: how would you implement it?
- lab portal open after game dc?
- some sort of 1 time wp?
- special token added to inventory for use within 15 min of dc, that take you back to lab?
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
I totally agree with this, we should add dc protection at start zone and exit zone. My friends and i got several problems when enter new zones - i got crash, my friend got dc.
And one special place: treasure room.
"
Trylobyte wrote:
What kind of DC protection would you add, and how would you make sure it can't be abused with a process kill faking a disconnection?

When you log back in to that character, they appear in the lab in that same instance, in the place they were standing last. Only works if the instance is still there.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
if the crashed "lab instance"-process on the game server is removed by the cleaner-process, there is nothing to connect to anymore.

reconnecting could be possible in case of a client crash or short term internet outage but that's rarely the case in the lab as far as i read.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Your problem is that you are getting hit by the dc OP. The dc was designed around you avoiding it. If you are getting hit by it, it just means that you aren't even knowledgeable enough to avoid it. So it's working as intended. My suggestion is that you keep doing the labyrinth until you learn not getting hit by the dc.

Sincerely,
A random whiteknight.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Sep 14, 2016, 8:07:05 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Your problem is that you are getting hit by the dc OP. The dc was designed around you avoiding it. If you are getting hit by it, it just means that you aren't even knowledgeable enough to avoid it. So it's working as intended. My suggestion is that you keep doing the labyrinth until you learn not getting hit by the dc.

Sincerely,
A random whiteknight.

I heart you
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I less than three you.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Game could just reload either right where you left off or at the entrance to the area where you left off. But only as long as the instance remains open. GGG doesn't seem to mind people instantly logging out to avoid dieing, lab wouldn't be any different in this case. Nothing to abuse here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info