[ESSENCE] BV life base tanking

Hello,

i have a 90 assassin bv life based :
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ouis/characters

VortexThyl : dual void battery objective for 9 powercharge pew pew
Currently sitting @ 5339 hp / 728 ES => 6k pool

My mapping is kinda smooth (doing max t9/t10 to build solid map pool) however i have 2 dmg issues:

- volatile when maps have dmg mod (+60% element dmg or +30% general dmg)
- physical burst
- the crypt boss doing his dumb aoe shit (§§!?)

For volatile, the solution is higher hp pool, for phys, maybe a taste of hate but i cant afford it for now..

I have 2 questions :

1/ should i keep facebreakers ? 90% crit multi worth 0 life and other possible mods ?

2/ should i keep my carcass instead of a lightning coil or rare 120life / multi resist ?

3/ is my life based char destined to be scrub and i should farm for shav LL BV pew pew ?

Thanks if you can enlight me on how boost my tankiness

Regards,
OuiS
Last edited by ouis on Sep 10, 2016, 6:03:47 AM
Last bumped on Sep 13, 2016, 11:22:46 AM
no one ? -_-
Tankiness...

1.) wands = no Fortify ... loosing a lot of mitigation
2.) Dual wieling = lower block ... loosing a lot of mitigation
3.) some tweaks on passive tree could help ... 3 passive points could be saved using Intuitive Leap on the east side next to shadow, might help you grab additional 2 jewels = gain
4.) terrible flasks ... Path of Flasks is real. get better flasks and learn to use them. If you manage to do that, you might even sctrach points 1 to 3
5.) Vaal Discipline ... nice but why? Reducing number of vaal skills to 1 or 2 makes you able to use them on cooldown basically. For boss encounters, they won't keep you alive for a minute or so anyway.
6.)Carcass vs other options (Belly/Coil) ... this is more like personal prefference, it might help you in some encounters.
7.) Low life - 3 curse Low Life with Heretics Veil with Enfeeble and Temp Chains is good DEF setup for BV character. Hardly beatable by any life version. If you will have the time and money, might be good
8.) CI - similar as Low Life, but much bigger health pool. 12K ES is not a problem. Getting decent ES chest with 700 ES with Essences might be easier than before. Cheaper than Shavs i would say. Adding however multi curse set up into the pool might be problematic or expensive.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
thank you for your response.

i try for now to keep on life stuff : keeping CI or LL for really last solution setup (and for when ill be rich)..

Could you please detail the 'terrible flasks' thing and give me some enlightment ?
I plan to buy Taste of haste once i have 5ex : any other things to get ?

OuiS
Well..

20% at flasks is a must from my point of view. I know a lot of people ignore it, but i would recommend to upgrade flasks always.

Letz say, you will use Atziri's Promise as your dmg flask at the moment and forget about Vinktars or Taste.

Probably only life flask is needed. - With Atziri's Promise you have your leech flask as your recovery flask, i would use only one while keeping one flask for trials and lab on a swap.

1. Basalt - very good option, flat phys mitigation which is in critical cases usually better than regular Granite. I would recommend to roll curse removal or shock immunity.

Since you are crit, crit recharge is your best friend, but other mods are not that bad either (reduced charges used or faster recovery

2. Stibnite - very good for blade vortex if you want to keep dmging the target aka face tank.
Again, crit recharge is best. Recommended is bleed immunity because it has huge duration this flask.

POssible swap is Granite if you have blind from other source (like CWDT)

3. QuickSilver with extra movement speed roll - having Bleed immunity and Curse Immunity (on basalt preferably) on other flasks it give you great possibility to go for max speed. It will increase your enjoyment of the game as well as clear speed and general mobility for certain bosses.

I have sacrificed Atziri's promise in my own set up for completely different setup, but our builds are different a lot
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Sep 12, 2016, 7:24:07 PM
"
Marxone wrote:
Well..

20% at flasks is a must from my point of view. I know a lot of people ignore it, but i would recommend to upgrade flasks always.

Letz say, you will use Atziri's Promise as your dmg flask at the moment and forget about Vinktars or Taste.

Probably only life flask is needed. - With Atziri's Promise you have your leech flask as your recovery flask, i would use only one while keeping one flask for trials and lab on a swap.

1. Basalt - very good option, flat phys mitigation which is in critical cases usually better than regular Granite. I would recommend to roll curse removal or shock immunity.

Since you are crit, crit recharge is your best friend, but other mods are not that bad either (reduced charges used or faster recovery

2. Stibnite - very good for blade vortex if you want to keep dmging the target aka face tank.
Again, crit recharge is best. Recommended is bleed immunity because it has huge duration this flask.

POssible swap is Granite if you have blind from other source (like CWDT)

3. QuickSilver with extra movement speed roll - having Bleed immunity and Curse Immunity (on basalt preferably) on other flasks it give you great possibility to go for max speed. It will increase your enjoyment of the game as well as clear speed and general mobility for certain bosses.

I have sacrificed Atziri's promise in my own set up for completely different setup, but our builds are different a lot

thx, upgraded my flasks except atziri cause i need more glassbawble
still looking for ToT...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info