Shaper Portal Effect feedback (a lot of potential; it missed the mark [reasons])

As much I really wanted to buy the Shaper Portal Effect shown below, I could not bring myself to buy it because nothing about it defines that which 'shapes' in any way.

When I heard there was a new Portal whose concept was designed after (or was supposed to be designed after) The Shaper himself, I thought it was going to look like something that gave the impression it would 'change'/'shape' you when you entered it, like a point of no return vibe, but no. Instead, what it turned out to be is a thin, space hole pancake with no 'space-themed frame' around its borders like an intimidating door with the whole space theme whirling about within the door.

Pardon the Poke'mon reference (I just can't help myself), but if Snorlax were to sit on a Black Hole, that is what The Shaper Portal currently looks like.

This is extremely disappointing to me because the Black Hole Portal (the other space-themed Portal) looks a lot more transforming/shaping than a Portal designed after a new boss called The Shaper who is now part of the game. I mean come on, this is The Shaper we're talking about!

I'm no Apple fan, but I would like to cite a great quote from Steve Jobs himself who once said, and I quote, "We made the buttons on the screen look so good you'll want to lick them." end of quote (referring to the Mac OS X's Aqua user interface, as quoted in Fortune magazine (24 January 2000)

These kind of MTXs should look that good, yet they just fall so short.

Personally, I do not care if a good looking Portals cost 500 Points. Just make Portals that make players want to throw money at their screen. Really. My wallet is ready.

Shaper Portal Effect:

Please beef the Shaper Portal up a little bit. Thank you.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 9, 2016, 2:49:54 AM
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2016, 5:36:49 AM
Just bought it bcs i really like the theme, but really just thicken it up a bit it look like a purple line with some black bits when viewing from some angels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info