Righteous Fire Calculator. (For those who wish to actually know how much damage they do).

Hi all,

I built this spreadsheet to help people with calculating how much damage they are actually doing with Righteous Fire as well as helping to calculate the regeneration requirements for a proper RF build. Feel free to use the calculator as you wish and please give feedback if you feel something isn't quite right and I'll do my best to sort it out. Have fun my fellow self-burning enthusiasts! Burn! Baby Burn!

(Important Update: I have since updated the calculator to include Essence of Delirium on gloves and Essence of Horror on helmets so you can now properly calculator your damage when running those essences).

(Note versions prior to 2.5.3 have an issue with damage calculation where the multipliers were multiplied to base damage twice so don't freak out if you see a lower number it's an issue that's been fixed).

Link:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nW8-28XXMKxZU2-XIW6DUbCoBpm5r4882SFN7QU-70Q/edit?usp=sharing

Direct Xls file:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nW8-28XXMKxZU2-XIW6DUbCoBpm5r4882SFN7QU-70Q/pub?output=xlsx

(note the direct xls file allows you to download your own offline copy to edit and play with to your hearts content.)
Last edited by Aqua_Dragon on Mar 22, 2017, 4:46:06 AM
Last bumped on Feb 5, 2017, 4:38:18 PM
Hi,

till someone posted the dmg tooltip from RF at the bug report forum and all "old" RF calculators i knew/used are gone, i searched for a new one and found yours.

I do play RF for a long time and from the first glance your calculations seemed to be correct, so i linked it to him.

Nice work & ty.

Edit: line 7 and 10 can be a bit confusing

Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Sep 8, 2016, 2:11:38 AM
Yeah I was in the same boat as most older calculators didn't quite work according to the new rules in the current edition of the game. As for line 7. Increased elemental damage % is damage from nodes like Elementalist and Ash, Frost, and Storm. An item example would be increased global elemental damage modifiers like whats on a doryanis catalyst. As for the More elemental Damage on line 10 its the base modifiers from elemental focus/concentrated effect. A passive node that also grants more elemental damage is elemental overload. Hopefully that clears things up for you. Also make sure to add up all of your different damage types then put them into the calculator. Like don't forget that normal kaoms has increased fire damage so that gets added onto the fire damage modifier. Also if you use chieftain there is a modifier that adds 35% increased damage against burning enemies that you must add to the global increased modifier. Any global increased damage and damage over time modifiers also must be added to total global damage. Anyways hope this helps. (I modified the spreadsheet to hopefully clarify this a bit more thanks for bringing it up).

Cheers.
Last edited by Aqua_Dragon on Sep 8, 2016, 2:59:51 AM
I did understand it, i just tried to put myself into someone new to RF / not so experienced with PoE mechanics who wanna use it.

Your changed more detailed explanation should help out quiet a lot :)
Lonewolf
Line 10.. you do realize that more multipliers stack manipulatively with each other right?

So conc effect gives 59% more at level 20, and elemental equilibrium gives 49% more at level 20.

Someone naive who wants to combine both of these in your calculator would likely input 98 in line 10, when they should really put 137.

Hi there, Thank you for bringing this to my attention. You are correct in your thought process and I went back and corrected this while at the same time separating the modifiers out to make this easier. Hope this helps.
Last edited by Aqua_Dragon on Sep 16, 2016, 9:08:39 AM
i thought shocked is supposed to multiply your damage after elemental resistances?

by your formula im getting 400k RF dps with shocked ground itself and that seems alot for what i feel it is.

also on your MORE multiplier, the total value on that calculator is 4.31674 when the 3.31674 value is the actual value; eg. with 6350.5 base damage + your increased damage, it's about 17k. by multiplying them with 1.49 (elemental focus), 1.4 (elemental overload) and 1.59 (concentrated effect) it comes down to 59.6k dps with more multipliers.

do correct me if im wrong tho
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
Hi there,

To calculate the damage correctly I did in fact setup the correct modifiers for the more damage. Now as to shocked damage, It's its an increased damage taken modifier, It doesn't matter what order in which it is applied as the resistance multiplier is a separate multiplier so the mathematical order doesn't matter as everything is multiplied together. I hope that clears things up for you. Most rf builds actually don't shock that much unless using something that can apply it consistently as the duration is affected by the shock damage amount as well as the health of the enemy. Now another factor is that enemy resistances and flat damage reductions can absolutely reduce the damage rf does and hence the reason I put in the note regarding resistances. In fact it can very well be possible (I'd need more data to confirm) that enemy resistances can completely nullify dropped res curses as those curses do not affect the cap to resistances but rather the absolute maximum resistance the monsters have in which case running vulnerability does more damage. So to calculate the minimum and maximum damage you can use enemy resistance values between 0 and 170. This will give you a worst case damage scenario as well as a best case. Also the multipliers are done correctly. the values are individually multiplied by 0.01 in order to make the whole numbers a percent then each added to 1 before being multiplied together. the correct math shows that 3.31674 is indeed the correct value and my spreadsheet shows as such.
Hi there,

thanks for the respond. While I do get the part of the shocked/elemental resistances, I still think the MORE multipliers are a little confusing.

As I was saying, 1.49*1.4*1.59 = 3.31674. With the RF damage before more multipliers being 17971.92, the damage with multipliers will be 17972.92 * 1.49 * 1.4 * 1.59 = 59608.17. This is the DPS before factoring in curses or elemental resistances/shock.

But in your calculator, the value becomes 17971.92 * 4.31674 = 77580.08 as there is a (1+(1.49*1.4*1.59)

From what I know, the 59k dps is the actual dps you're dealing with the 3 more multipliers.
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
In reality you're looking at just the multiplier. How damage is calculated is that the damage is first multiplied by the multipliers to base damage then added back to the base damage hence the added 1 to the multiplier. This is how all multipliers in the game work. I hope that clears things up for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info