[2.4] Cospris Dual Curse Nulls Necromancer - The VooDoo Mistress

WELCOME

Ok, so I had some interest after I showcased some maps with my build, and some asked for a quick guide.

Ok, so right to the bone.

Gear you will need to start out -

Nulls Inclination is the whole backbone of the build. Without out, the theme is gone, and so too is the fun part of the build. The Drillneck is an amazing damage boost, and with the upcoming changes to
Pierce, then this will keep your damage competitive.

Cospris is the second needed item, though not needed for any Nulls build in particular. Just mine which uses Dual Curse. You can just as easily snag a Kintsugi/Restless Ward/Tabula etc, and use Haste/Wrath with no curses. A 6L Cospris is esentially a 7L, offering you the ability to poison enemies that are cursed. This is pretty good as Nulls is a very good clear build. All the minions go out and clean up what you missed, and when you get to the boss hoard around it providing not only offense, but defense as well.

I will say I was directly inspired by Hegemonys Witch Doctor build which is similar, except he uses Restless Ward and Doedres Elixer for charge generation/upkeep.

I wanted to take the build further, and try new things so here it is.

Here is my gear - take a look, and then I'm going to explain some things below

Spoiler

Ok, so your probably thinking, I'll never get those gloves with Vuln on hit right? Well, maybe.
These gloves are usually selling for 1alch, or 1c, and tons are on the market. Even if you can't get the corruption, these gloves are still a good part of the build, considering temp chains is a huge defensive/offensive buff. Poison lasts longer, and enemies can't reach you fast enough.

But don't worry. I still ran dual curse before these min maxed gloves. I just dropped Wrath, and used Blasphemy/Vuln instead. Worked fine.

The boots are a great choice, though you don't need the leech enchant as you can get phys damage leeched as mana on a jewel. These boots were pretty cheap at 50c when I got them in PSC. If you don't want Atziris Step, rare tri res boots are fine as well, but I believe Atziris to be superior in most cases. Plus, resists aren't really an issue to get in this build.

Rings, Accuracy is a must on both rings. Obvious reasons. Life, resists, maybe some flat chaos damage as well. Easy.

Amulet, this is your stat stick so to speak. You can see mine is covering a lot of stats. Strength is usually something we need in this build for some gems as well as some intelligence. Other than that I got resistances and life.

Belt, life resists easy.

Helmet, life and resists yet again. Preferably an evasion based helm for more evasion. Good enchants to have would be split arrow damage. Not necessary. I don't have it. Maybe I will get it one day.

Bandits - Oak, Kill, Kill

Passive Tree -

Alot of your power comes from your ascendancies.

Mistress of Sacrifice - Your offerings effect you.
Spirit Eater - You get 40% increased damage when you consume a corpse (Which is constantly) You also
get 2% inceased attack speed for each corpse consumed recently. This gives us even MORE attack speed.
Commander of Darkness - For each aura you cast (In this case 2) you get 10% increased damage, as well as 5% attack speed. So in total we get 20% increased damage, and 10% attack speed. You also get a bonus 20% all res.
Beacon of Corruption - 20% increased chaos damage (Which is what we are scaling) 15% chaos res
and your minions spread caustic clouds on death dealing 10% of their maximum life as chaos degen.

GEMS

Gems in the bow - SRS + Animate Weapon + Minion Speed + Minion Damage + Increased Duration - and
for the 6th SOCKET not link as you do not need to 6L this bow - Flesh Offering (Or Bone Offering for rippy maps like reflect or vuln curse, ele weakness etc)

Body Armor - Split Arrow + Added Chaos + Pierce + Void Manipulation + Culling Strike + Faster Attacks
If you are not using Cospris, in order to poison, take out Faster attacks and use poison. Culling strike ensures we get most of the kills to proc our minion gems in the bow.

Rallying Cry + Increased Duration + Vaal Haste + Blink Arrow

Wrath + Haste + Enlighten(Lvl 3)

Spell Totem + Wither (Good for high HP bosses)

Summon Lightning Golem + CWDT (Or Self cast with Minion Life) - I'm just having trouble rolling 4
off colors on my evasion helmet or else I'd use CWDT and a low lvl golem. Less management.

As for the rest of the gems take a look at my gear and emulate that. You may have different color setups on different gear pieces so adjust accordingly.

Spoiler

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrMskZ_aXVg
I love pie.
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2016, 3:47:47 PM
Great guide, I'm thinking about trying this in the new league. What are your thoughts on leveling and gearing this build?

Also, can this build deal with reflect without a 6L chest?

And just a suggestion but maybe you add a pro/con section :D
How's the single target damage. Looks pretty laid back and fast for packs/maps but I could see "on kill" skills making up a bulk of the damage being an issue when it comes to higher tier map bosses.
"
BGOHHH wrote:
Great guide, I'm thinking about trying this in the new league. What are your thoughts on leveling and gearing this build?

Also, can this build deal with reflect without a 6L chest?

And just a suggestion but maybe you add a pro/con section :D

Reflect is a non issue considering most of your damage is coming from chaos and poison stacks plus minions.
I love pie.
"
widds wrote:
How's the single target damage. Looks pretty laid back and fast for packs/maps but I could see "on kill" skills making up a bulk of the damage being an issue when it comes to higher tier map bosses.

By the time you get to the boss all your minions huddle around doing deeps and providing a defensive wall.

Also, a Wither spell totem helps a lot.
I love pie.
hmmm, this looks insanely fun, may try this once i get a cospris will
how fast is the clearspeed on this build in higher up maps like t11+?
"
UhYuuki wrote:

Surprisingly fast. I had no issues doing most t13's/14's.

In the higher maps it's a good idea to swap out Flesh Offering for Bone Offering, and use a Rearguard Quiver. This is a massive defensive boost as you will be blocking and healing on block for a large amount, as well as your minions, so they become almost unkillable.

I love pie.
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
UhYuuki wrote:

Surprisingly fast. I had no issues doing most t13's/14's.

In the higher maps it's a good idea to swap out Flesh Offering for Bone Offering, and use a Rearguard Quiver. This is a massive defensive boost as you will be blocking and healing on block for a large amount, as well as your minions, so they become almost unkillable.

how is the higher tier ST like, like the t13+ bosses
lvl 69 and idk why im doin like no dmg wit my split arrow.

im only at like 4k split arrow when i have minions up from the ascendancy node
Last edited by UhYuuki on Sep 18, 2016, 10:07:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info