Caustic Arrow Build Question

Last edited by XnuffX on Aug 22, 2016, 6:56:26 PM
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2016, 3:55:17 PM
If you want to focus on Caustic Arrow, you should be completely ignoring bow damage. Your ideal weapon looks something like this:

This is because the cloud damage on CA doesn't scale with weapon damage, so the best way to improve it is by increasing the level of the gem.

Likewise, your tree would need major changes to drop all the bow nodes.

If you don't want to go down this road, you'd have to pick a skill other than CA. Voltaxic would work great with Lightning Arrow, for example.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
If you want to focus on Caustic Arrow, you should be completely ignoring bow damage. Your ideal weapon looks something like this:

This is because the cloud damage on CA doesn't scale with weapon damage, so the best way to improve it is by increasing the level of the gem.

Likewise, your tree would need major changes to drop all the bow nodes.

If you don't want to go down this road, you'd have to pick a skill other than CA. Voltaxic would work great with Lightning Arrow, for example.

Thanks, anything i should do to fix my passive tree?
A typical endgame CA tree looks something like this. I'd try to go for something similar if I were you. Basically, dump all the bow damage and attack speed, pick up Acrobatics and projectile damage/chaos damage/damage over time.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Honestly dont do CA...It was good 3 leagues ago, if u have to ask about Voltaxic, dont do that mate
"
viperesque wrote:
A typical endgame CA tree looks something like this. I'd try to go for something similar if I were you. Basically, dump all the bow damage and attack speed, pick up Acrobatics and projectile damage/chaos damage/damage over time.

Since viperesque failed to mention it, I want to make sure it's clear:

You don't want attack speed for CA because only one application may affect an enemy at a time. Even if they stand in three clouds, only the most damaging one will affect them, ever.

This means attack speed is only for getting the CA out faster, and, more importantly, your Blink Arrow movement skill. Besides that, attack speed is useless.

That's what you want to invest in chaos damage, damage over time, and projectile damage.

However, you might want to consider looking into traps/mines. This can increase your damage, but it takes longer to setup and is not as precise; traps/mines target the closest enemy, not the one you might want. Self-attacking will get the arrow where you want it, and faster.
Alright, thanks for the help guys! ^_^ I'll save up for regrets and try to fix up my passive tree.
"
XnuffX wrote:
Alright, thanks for the help guys! ^_^ I'll save up for regrets and try to fix up my passive tree.
You'll get a full refund in like 10 days so if you can wait, you'll save a lot of regrets.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 23, 2016, 2:41:58 PM
Can you also get a +1 chaos gem on that bow, or is that reserved to staff/wand/etc only?
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
"
Eternallight wrote:
Can you also get a +1 chaos gem on that bow, or is that reserved to staff/wand/etc only?

staves, wands, daggers, maybe something else, but definitely not bows.

Even if you could get it on bows, I'd expect it to have an exclusivity clause like some other mods do.

For example, you can't get +x fire gems and +1 chaos gems on the same item. It was recently discussed that belts have an exclusivity clause with % increased flask charges gained and % reduced flask charges used. If they added chaos gems to bows, it'd probably gain an exclusivity clause with +x bow gems.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 23, 2016, 3:56:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info