[Labyrinth] so bad

/!\ WARNING: As you can see by reading the thread title, this is a Labyrinth post. If you don't like to see Lab posts don't read it, it is completely optional. Click "go back one page" with your browser now and your issue is solved. I'm not posting this to argue endlessly with other forum users. I will not reply to future posts in this thread. I'm just doing it because I'm giving my feedback to GGG. Since I didn't start any thread to give my Labyrinth feedback I'm doing it now in case GGG placed me by "mistake" in the "majority".

Dear GGG,

You're saying that players who dislike Lab is a minority. While it may be true, I thought it was a majority by looking in my guild :
-9 members played in Perandus
-3 members played in Prophecy
From the 6 players who left between the 2 leagues, 3 did it because of Lab and trap mechanics. Don't know for the 3 others.
From the 3 players who played Prophecy, 2 didn't care about the Lab and 1 was hating it but was hoping for some change in 2.4.
Maybe it was just unpopular in my guild and acclaimed by others.

Can you tell us what process you did use to determine that only a minority is not liking the lab ?
I did some Lab in Perandus: 3 characters fully ascended and enchant challenge completed.
Did you count me in the majority that like the Lab ?
Because I hate it and I ran it only to get the 40/40. I uninstalled the game when you announced a 4th Lab.

I find that trap mechanics don't belong to this game. HP, armor, evasion, dodge, block are useless for most traps and ES clearly penalize you. % damage does not make any sense in this game for me. If I have 2k HP I should die five times faster than a character with 10k HP + same stats if we both stay on a trap (like if we would stay on a desecrated ground for example).
Maybe you got your reasons and it would be nice to hear it from you.
Do you plan to answer some players questions about the Lab in a q&a or explain the choices in development manifesto (which is supposed to explain "development philosophies") because it is clearly a radical change in POE.

I will check 2.4 patch notes to see if I reinstall the game or forget it for good. What I hope is one of these fixes:
- remove % damage (even 200k damage per tick will do)
- remove Ascendancy points from Lab
- remove the Lab and the points

Anyway thank you for the four years of entertainment you provided. I'm glad I supported you as much as I could, you deserved it even if I don't like actual game.

Cya GGG !

mab-

PS: Sorry for grammar, English is not my first language.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Aug 21, 2016, 4:19:13 PM
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2016, 4:20:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG doesn't admit their mistakes, they double down on them.
Last edited by Siochan on Aug 20, 2016, 11:22:56 PM
Willing to bet GGG considers lab to be a success. It's the players who have failed their expectations.

It is stupid that Juggernauts can blitz through the lab, but everybody else seems to think they should be able to do the same. It should be mandatory that traps make you slow down and follow the pattern rather than brute forcing it with juggernaut life regen. It should be allowed to risk quicksilvering past the danger but not the complete ignoring of traps by juggs.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Willing to bet GGG considers lab to be a success. It's the players who have failed their expectations.

It is stupid that Juggernauts can blitz through the lab, but everybody else seems to think they should be able to do the same. It should be mandatory that traps make you slow down and follow the pattern rather than brute forcing it with juggernaut life regen. It should be allowed to risk quicksilvering past the danger but not the complete ignoring of traps by juggs.

Somehow I don't think this guy is a juggernaut --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2hpP5R8L8 Neither is my main character that just runs through it as well. The lab is just horrible design and should be a freak side show mini-game at best.
Last edited by Siochan on Aug 21, 2016, 12:06:51 AM
"

TBH i had an easier time traversing the labyrinth as CI even pre-reduction than i did life based. Faster Start + Recharge rate made it soo i can run through anything and instantly regen. ZO for Lava.

Juggernaut is just a noob friendly class that makes it very difficult to do anything wrong on it. Top runners arent even Juggernauts either, Path Finders make everyone else running it look like chumps.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
I'll tell you what is a disappointment: uber lab. Pure rubbish in there; if not for the extra 2 points and the very dim possibility of getting a decent enchant I would sell all my offerings.
Censored.
"
sucemab wrote:
I find that trap mechanics don't belong to this game. HP, armor, evasion, dodge, block are useless for most traps and ES clearly penalize you.

Skill is what matters for them.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Siochan wrote:
"

Somehow I don't think this guy is a juggernaut --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2hpP5R8L8 Neither is my main character that just runs through it as well. The lab is just horrible design and should be a freak side show mini-game at best.

Wasn't saying that every single lab runner is Juggernaut, just like otherwise said here that Juggernaut is a noob friendly way to never screw up. Don't know what the video had to do with anything I said as the video just shows somebody abusing quicksilver flasks and QotF to blitz through everything. I would like to see that same build go through uber traps as safely.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Lab is the best thing that hapened to path of exile since act 4
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I'll tell you what is a disappointment: uber lab. Pure rubbish in there; if not for the extra 2 points and the very dim possibility of getting a decent enchant I would sell all my offerings.

I 100% disagree, I made a fortune with Uber Lab during the league. I'm actually worried that it became too popular wich lead to a decrease of price of the godlike enchantments (like EQ, TS, La, ect...) and the lab only unique (so many exalts made with death doors, I'm glad they are back to 4-5 ex piece).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info