The Labyrinth needs a total re-work.

The labyrinth is more or less obnoxious as it is.

For someone who's time is valuable -- that's me -- it's not worth my time. Yet to not do it hampers one's abilities as a player.

Regardless, I can't see myself wasting time on it, and therefore, I doubt I'll keep playing. Maybe back when I was young and time wasn't as important, I would have saw this as 'fun,' but as it is, it's just tedious and annoying.

The last time I played this game, then left, it was years ago. Just came back. Not sure if I'll even bother coming back if this is the sort of 'additions' you're making. There are too many other games out there to choose from that respect their players' time.
Last edited by GroverMancer on Aug 20, 2016, 6:31:21 PM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2016, 6:04:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That's nice, bye.
Dont listen to the bitter dung beetles man, there are quite a few that totally agree with you.

If you care at all for PoE visit this and cast your vote (near the bottom of the opening post).
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Ay spamming that shit every chance you can get.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 20, 2016, 6:48:07 PM
So what is worth your time? Leveling from 1 to 70 doing the same 4 acts 3 times? Because that takes a whole lot longer than doing 3 or 4 lab runs that should take you 15-20 minutes each.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
The lab does suck. It's amazing how horrible it is and the impact it has on the game even though it's "just 10 min". It's that bad for 10 min to have such a huge player dissatisfaction factor. What a failure.
"
mark1030 wrote:
So what is worth your time? Leveling from 1 to 70 doing the same 4 acts 3 times? Because that takes a whole lot longer than doing 3 or 4 lab runs that should take you 15-20 minutes each.

The OP's sense of having his/her time wasted comes from the Labyrinth's design of "work to get a reward." The remainder of the game gives the OP (and many other players) a sense of "play to get a reward."

If you can understand this distinction, then it will be quite easy for you to understand the OP's perspective. If you can't understand this distinction, then you will probably never understand the OP's perspective.

Right now the Labyrinth fails to give players a sense of "play to get a reward." There are ways to tweak the Labyrinth and improve it to address this problem, but those are topics already being actively discussed in other threads, so I will leave it at that.
Wash your hands, Exile!
>Distinction

There is no distinction.

Youre only calling it work because you want to, the reality of the matter is everything in the game is play to get a reward. The fact that youre trying to say it separate out of personal distaste when it isnt just goes to show how low quality these arguments are actually becoming.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"work to get a reward."

What a fucking joke. I don't know why I keep seeing laughable stuff like this. I just run through traps and facetank because I just happen to have the 'right' build. I sure worked hard for my ascendancy points. The lab is just a worthless pos that is horribly designed. It's not hard, it's not work, it's just shit.

Case in point on how big a failure and big of a joke it is--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2hpP5R8L8
Last edited by Siochan on Aug 20, 2016, 11:23:53 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
>Distinction

There is no distinction.

Youre only calling it work because you want to, the reality of the matter is everything in the game is play to get a reward. The fact that youre trying to say it separate out of personal distaste when it isnt just goes to show how low quality these arguments are actually becoming.

One type of game design makes me feel X.
Another type of game design makes me feel Y.

And forgive me for being Captain Obvious, but whether others share my feelings does not change the above in any way, shape, or form.

That is the distinction. I've distilled it to its barest elements there. If you can't stretch your mind enough to even try to grasp X vs. Y, then it will be impossible for us to have a meaningful discussion on it, so I suggest not wasting your time trying.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info