GGG, Lab thoughts + suggestions.

Tons of people were already complaining about the Lab, lags, traps, all kinds of silly stuff and let's face it, it's a huge waste of time and a complete distraction for an action rpg.

ELIMINATE ALL the first 3 labs and make Uber Lab a map drop like all others and adjust the rarity accordingly if you wish or sth like "you get 1 Uber Lab map for every 10 level 75 map bosses you kill". This way you encourage players to map and guarantee they will not have distractions while mapping (no stupid trials and unnecessary death risks while leveling) + they will be rewarded accordingly.

Ascendancy points should not be gated behind silly stuff, a player should be rewarded for completing certain goals.
For example, did you reach level 40 or sth? Get your 2 points. Level 60? Get 2 more. For the last 2 you could make it a bit more difficult, like reach level 70 and complete some quest or sth.

Something that EVERYBODY would be able to do, with any build, without distractions, carries, lags, desyncs. Without having to waste 10-30 mins of your life to complete sth that is not part of your main game which after 65-70 is ..MAPPING!

P.S. I've seen so many posts on noticeboards where people carry others, this is what you want in your game?
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2016, 2:07:22 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So you want them for free? Yeah not happening. Also don't make more labyrinth threads when we already have a million of them.
"
Telzen wrote:
So you want them for free? Yeah not happening. Also don't make more labyrinth threads when we already have a million of them.

Free, like all of the other passive points? Free, like all of the other quest rewards? Free, like the bandit bonuses? You have a strange definition of free.

P.S. Leveling up is OPTIONAL, as such, you would earn them under the OP suggestion.

And +1 for more people's opinion on the lab. Thank's for sharing your feedback, OP.
Last edited by Siochan on Aug 1, 2016, 3:23:19 AM
Putting ascendancy points behind character level achieved is probably not a bad idea.
companies and cultures that promote based on 'time spent' rather than on 'merit' are not usualy very successful

asc points are rewards for the worthy. be one and these are yours. askimg for freebies does wonders in real life too
Valid thoughts and suggestions, OP.

On a side note: seems "merit" and "worthy" can be very usefull, specially when used to criticize others, unfortunately.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

You can imagine how frustrating it is when you make like 10+ chars per league and the lab is absolutely required for many of them. The ascendancy points enabled a new level of theorycrafting and thus should be accessed by any build imaginable that can complete certain tasks in the game. For example, can you build complete a canyon / gorge / plateau, etc? Why should it struggle in Uber lab and in getting its last 2 ascendancy points?

In Perandus I told them they had to eliminate the need for us to run 3x trials every time we make a new character.

They eliminated that and gated the last ascendancy points behind a new lab, lol.

I just wish for once they would listen to the fans COMPLETE suggestions and stop all the half measures.

There is no need at all to gate all these things behind RNGs and specific builds.

IMHO, solo builds, esp solo self found builds are severely punished in PoE and there is no reason for that.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

IMHO, solo builds, esp solo self found builds are severely punished in PoE and there is no reason for that.

there is a reason: balance.

a multiplayer game that allows organized groups of players to finish challenges in 3 weeks where the same tasks take the average player (who play 3 hours a day in small groups) whole 3 months or more is already hard to balance.

how do you want to implement these challenges so that even players deliverately crippling their gameplay can enjoy them?

the only way i know is to implement challenges that take skill and don't allow to faceroll them by just pumping massive time into the game.

it's about time ggg implements such areas ... wait, they just did and you don't like them either ...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 1, 2016, 6:44:53 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

there is a reason: balance.

a multiplayer game that allows organized groups of players to finish challenges in 3 weeks where the same tasks take the average player (who play 3 hours a day in small groups) whole 3 months or more is already hard to balance.

how do you want to implement these challenges so that even players deliverately crippling their gameplay can enjoy them?

the only way i know is to implement challenges that take skill and don't allow to faceroll them by just pumping massive time into the game.

it's about time ggg implements such areas ... wait, they just did and you don't like them either ...

Gold. Absolute gold.

Help self-found builds by removing self-found challenges.
One thing I would agree on is Uber Lab Izaro is kinda too easy to be facerolled by some builds, while being absolutely impossible because of terrible design of 3rd fight.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Yep, I agree that playing self found is deliverately crippling the gameplay, so if someone chooses to play that way, he has to assume the disadvantages.

Apart from that, I dont agree that those "challenges"/trap gameplay take such skill and avoid faceroll. With the right preparation its more faceroll. Even more speed and go-go-go.

OP adressed the alocation of asc points. Because those points are tied to trap gameplay, instead of allowing build diversity, they are actually limiting them, so no much balance there.

Sorry if any bad english.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info