Another Idea to Cure the Lab negatives

Hey GGG

With all the hate, disappointment and overall frustration with the whole "lab" idea. Here is mine idea to make it enjoyable for everyone, not just the small percentage you currently cater it for:

- remove traps
- increase the area level to compensate for above
- add waypoints (optional)

Do this, and you will see an huge increase with people actually going in to lab to do some farming, instead of only seeing people there to get the stupid ascendancy points.

Peace Im Out
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jul 25, 2016, 5:37:31 AM
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2016, 12:25:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
How about just changing traps from DOT to Hits ?
difficult content will always be frustrating to the unskilled and the ones spoilt by being able to win the game with just massive time investment and a quick web search for a overpowered build using the current damage meta.

let's take it as a fact that ggg wanted to create a challenge that provides an advantage to skilled players with good reaction times and good avatar movement controls: what would have been your suggestion beside the obvious one which is just dump some more bosses into the game?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
difficult content will always be frustrating to the unskilled and the ones spoilt by being able to win the game with just massive time investment and a quick web search for a overpowered build using the current damage meta.

Boring answer from an elitist... I hate the lab, I find it boring. Yet I managed to do 6 uber trials by myself (even with a super squishy shadow i managed to get through one). I also killed Izaro in all 3 difficulties. It's not like that it's impossible for me, i just dont enjoy that part of poe, but sadly I have to do it over and over again with all my characters...
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Boring answer from an elitist... I hate the lab, I find it boring. Yet I managed to do 6 uber trials by myself (even with a super squishy shadow i managed to get through one). I also killed Izaro in all 3 difficulties. It's not like that it's impossible for me, i just dont enjoy that part of poe, but sadly I have to do it over and over again with all my characters...

yep, that sounded elitist. i think i added that part as a intended insult due to the catchy title (which just got corrected). i'm far from being a elitist, just finished the uber trials yesterday (and died once being on 99% xp on level 90, yeah!) so i never did the uber lab.

and you're right, lab runs aren't really rewarding or exciting to most but i'm sure we haven't seen the end of improvements.
"
vio wrote:

let's take it as a fact that ggg wanted to create a challenge that provides an advantage to skilled players with good reaction times and good avatar movement controls: what would have been your suggestion beside the obvious one which is just dump some more bosses into the game?

wow, just wow. [Removed by Support]
Its not a matter of skill or not, POE is not a skill based gem (assuming we exclude the skills gem - which make it 100% skills based game).

I dont know about you, but I havent played a build made by someone in long time, so please dont judge other by your own standards. Im aware that creating your own build its hard and its not for everyone, so I can understand why you use meta builds posted on the forums, ctrl+c ctrl+v, build done, easy. If you would ever want to work on your own build, give me a shout Im always happy to help less experiance players like yourself.

There is a huge difference between waging your own abilities and pure luck. POE dont require skill, just gear and decent active skills and support setups, will result in mob clearing, slower or faster. While in 99% of poe content one can see if they have what it takes to tackle certain content or not, when it comes to lab is just a pure luck game. Trap layout, trap,movement timing, random lag or dysync, this do not involve skills at all, its just a pure luck based environment.

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Jul 25, 2016, 7:49:54 AM
I would like to point out that the Über-labyrinth is very rewarding for every chest opened in the last room. I got a bunch of 20% quality leveled gems, some red maps and a lot of currency in those chests. If there is an insufficient reward rate it's either in special rooms or in the other labyrinths.
"
Miazga wrote:
"
vio wrote:

wow, just wow. Talking about brown nosing here...In your case its more like brown heading.
Its not a matter of skill or not, POE is not a skill based gem (assuming we exclude the skills gem - which make it 100% skills based game).

I dont know about you, but I havent played a build made by someone in long time, so please dont judge other by your own standards. Im aware that creating your own build its hard and its not for everyone, so I can understand why you use meta builds posted on the forums, ctrl+c ctrl+v, build done, easy. If you would ever want to work on your own build, give me a shout Im always happy to help less experiance players like yourself.

There is a huge difference between waging your own abilities and pure luck. POE dont require skill, just gear and decent active skills and support setups, will result in mob clearing, slower or faster. While in 99% of poe content one can see if they have what it takes to tackle certain content or not, when it comes to lab is just a pure luck game. Trap layout, trap,movement timing, random lag or dysync, this do not involve skills at all, its just a pure luck based environment.

and yet it is so that some players are consistently better than other in this 'luck based environment'. this alone makes all your 'argument' moot. but keep trying. the antilab circle is running in circles reusing the same stuff over and over again. the 'its random and no skill' one shouldnt be used however as it is 100% bollocks
"
Miazga wrote:

wow, just wow. Talking about brown nosing here...In your case its more like brown heading.

oh, didn't mean you specifically. or do you indeed copy builds?

you could have answered my question instead of insulting me.
"
sidtherat wrote:

the antilab circle is running in circles reusing the same stuff over and over again. the 'its random and no skill' one shouldnt be used however as it is 100% bollocks

Dont know what/whom you mean with "antilab circle" but I am (mostly) anti-lab and certainly do not claim that skills dont matter there. In fact they matter too much - for an ARPG. The enchantments are however far too random.

"
vio wrote:
i think i added that part as a intended insult

"
vio wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:

oh, didn't mean you specifically. or do you indeed copy builds?

you could have answered my question instead of insulting me.

Guess these quotes speak for themselves.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info