Trial of Burning Rage is easily my least favorite endgame Trial.

Because it is nearly impossible to discern what is a wall and what is ground when the lava's not up (and obviously there's no map scrolling to explore while the lava is up).

So your choices are basically either:
1. Make a build that can out-regen the lava, or
2. Test your ability to discern dark brown from slightly darker brown.
3. Stumble around blindly and hope you reached a doorway, not a wall.

#2 and 3 aren't really my idea of fun. Would love some way to add contrast so you actually have some idea what the path is instead of a big garbled mash of brownish black and blackish brown.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2016, 3:37:20 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I got half way through and gave it away. Im not doing anymore trials or lab.

Having skels revive on fire is bad, i cannot ce them or revive them myself. They get rezzed on top of me and i cant move.

Havent tried the other uber trials but from what i saw of Burning, they must be equally as bad.

I'd like to see account wide asc points, so we can build a regen char with light radius (so we can actually see). Cant turn up the brightness (vid card, game lacks it...) or the fire will blind me.
Then you must have vision problems, or your screen must be malfunctioning. I have no such problems.

If anything, it would be nice if some lava shot out every now and then, just to help show that the lava is up. And when the lava is down, the bars should glow since they would be cherry red.
It's my favorite Trial lmao. Free Goddess every time.

If I could only get the other two pesky ones to spawn in Standard...
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Doesn't help that avoiding the magma is also way more tedious than avoiding other traps. Avoiding most other traps involves simply maneuvering around the trap or waiting a second or two for it to pass by, avoiding the magma ground basically involves standing around for 10-15 seconds twiddling your thumbs waiting for the damn stuff to go back down.

Honestly, I generally consider skipping Burning Rage simply because of the irritation involved; I'll gladly do the other trials, even Stinging Doubt or w/e one is in the "Domain" tileset that takes a small eternity to load. But Burning Rage I always have to stop and think about it, "Do I really feel like tolerating this annoyance right now?"
Skeletons in this trial are truly hilarious. They are immune to burning lava but die from puny player-induced ignites.
Logic? nah, never heard of that...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"

And I've run hundred's of maps and can't get the burning to proc in Standard.

Somehow a check needs to be implemented as to what trials you've completed, once they're all done then it doesn't really matter.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
"
"

And I've run hundred's of maps and can't get the burning to proc in Standard.

Somehow a check needs to be implemented as to what trials you've completed, once they're all done then it doesn't really matter.

This. Have now run over 500 maps in Standard, and have not had a single "Burning Rage" trial spawn yet.

I've ran every trial so far that I've come across... have over 50 Goddess's waiting, just need that 6th trial.
Last edited by Baloosh on Jul 18, 2016, 1:05:57 PM
This trial is an epileptic cluster of bullshit on top of a blindness abomination.

You literaly can't see shit with the map on between the lava, the monsters, the curses area, the walls, the doors,ect...

Not like I care, I'm running all of them with an immortal toon but there is really a lack of design here.
I find the crippling grief one or whatever way worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info