Small Labyrinth modification suggestions

Hi guys,

Just to make it clear: this thread isn't meant to host anti or pro labyrinth discussion, or even major changes to the labyrinth. It is meant to host suggestions for small changes that would make the labyrinth slightly better. Please keep that in mind before posting.

So, let's start with suggestion 1:
Have Darkshrine texts displayed before activation OR make them always random.
Some Darkshrine effects can be very devastating (I have lost 2 out of my 3 endgame labyrinth runs to mods (perma-vulnerability and reduced max-res) added to the run), and whether you know the effect before-hand or not will change your choice about whether or not to activate them.
At the moment, we can already access the information through the community's shared information. If that information is meant to be known, then it would definitely be better to have it readily accessible through in-game text. If not, then shouldn't it be randomly selected every time you activate a darkshrine?

Now, for suggestion 2:
Work with the community to make the shared information about labyrinth runs available through either an in-game system, or a GGG-hosted system.
I think it would be better for the community to have access to the shared information through a part of this website or through in-game stuff, since it would be a lot more accessible than the information shared on reddit, and could be made more complete.

Suggestion 3:
Emperor's Charts shouldn't be limited to low-level maps. It doesn't need to drop tier 12+ maps, but it should at least be able to drop up to tier 8 maps. You don't need 100% useless side-area drops.

Suggestion 4:
Improve the tilesets.
Right now, the tileset lacks this feeling that the characters have been spending days in the labyrinth.
In order to put the emphasis on that, we could have the labyrinth until Izaro be heavily damaged with many corpses (especially in Izaro's room. The second part would resemble what we currently have, but have night time outside.
And the last part should be a lot cleaner, as if untouched by time.
Suggestion 5: add a checkpoint system.
The labyrinth is very long, so it would be nice to be able to pause it along the way (probably at Izaro's fights). I guess the best way to do that is to add a device that logs you out, but remembers what you have done along the way. When you log back, you appear at that device.

Suggestion 6:
Have Current Location reveal the area it leads to.

Suggestion 7 (from Wolf287):
Allow characters to carry accrued vaal souls into Izaro fights.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Won't be discussed:
Siochan's suggestion to completely change the labyrinth.
The first post has been updated to include the different suggestions posted in this thread.
Suggestion 7:
Remove traps and make it a real labyrinth. Make it a much bigger area, but to compensate, make it so you can portal in and out with a portal that persists across sessions and save your progress for that day.
Last edited by Siochan on Aug 2, 2016, 6:23:49 AM
valid points:

external sites hosting essential ingame information is always a huge security risk: if those sites get hacked the attackers have a constant inflow of user data (ip addresses, system information and so on) to attack these system, steal the identification credentials and install a proxy server to raid accounts.

darkshrines should always be random, risk/reward.

checkpoints would balance the game for those with alot of stash tabs and those that need to stash things away in second accounts/chars. sometimes one tab isn't enough to store away the stuff one finds if the player collects all rares and not all players can easily spare a whole tab for new stuff.

"
Siochan wrote:
remove traps

imo the intention of the labyrinth is to provide some advantage/rewards for people with (positioning) skill rather than massive time. the whole game can be facerolled given enough time, removing traps would remove this advantage.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
valid points:

"
Siochan wrote:
remove traps

imo the intention of the labyrinth is to provide some advantage/rewards for people with (positioning) skill rather than massive time. the whole game can be facerolled given enough time, removing traps would remove this advantage.

You do realize that you can pay 2 chaos to have someone run it for you and that some builds just faceroll the traps and some actually have to work at it? All it does is grief certain players and is not the frogger gameplay people come to PoE to begin with.
so maybe you can do yourself a favour and leave? it must be really stressing you out to check all threads and spoil every single one of them

you have made your point. now if you are displeased - leave or expect to be ignored and eventualy removed for harrasment and constant derailment
"
vio wrote:
valid points:

external sites hosting essential ingame information is always a huge security risk: if those sites get hacked the attackers have a constant inflow of user data (ip addresses, system information and so on) to attack these system, steal the identification credentials and install a proxy server to raid accounts.

darkshrines should always be random, risk/reward.

checkpoints would balance the game for those with alot of stash tabs and those that need to stash things away in second accounts/chars. sometimes one tab isn't enough to store away the stuff one finds if the player collects all rares and not all players can easily spare a whole tab

the loot situation is called loot tension. it is a way of reducing item inflation. it is also present in Atziri fight when you have 6 portals and metric tonnes of loot to pick or leave. there are 2 stashing oportunities and i think it is plenty enough. the chest room (one where lootsplosion happens) has a stash nearby so i do not see a problem

the map chest is terrible:/ one extra room + hunt for silver room nets me 2 dunes? noone sane will do it except by mistake. it is fine for merc lab. but map lab requires typical cartho box.

darkshrines should be random (all of them!) OR clearly labeled but still random.

i like the extra (unmarked content in the lab) but im always reluctant to click darkshrine knowing full well that perma-vulnerability means SERIOUS risk.

one most important fix however is fixing 'izaro no longer takes damage but can still deal it'.
"
sidtherat wrote:
so maybe you can do yourself a favour and leave? it must be really stressing you out to check all threads and spoil every single one of them

you have made your point. now if you are displeased - leave or expect to be ignored and eventualy removed for harrasment and constant derailment

(Siochan: I'm just trying to demonstrate a better way to get his message across.)

Siochan, thank you for sharing your opinion but the OP asked for small suggestions and improvements to labyrinth. I assume that your suggestion falls outside the purpose of this thread. Thank you for respecting the discussion in the thread.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
@Turtledove: Man in all seriousness are you related to Mahatma Gandhi? Im seriously impressed by your continuous effort for totally peaceful interactions. GJ man.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info