Medallion (Season 16) Breakdown

Medallion Race Season Details

(New races bolded.)

75C Custom
26S Signature
24V Vanilla

1x 48 Hour Flashback Solo - Solo-Self Found race with fixed flashback mods including Anarchy, Domination, Onslaught, Invasion, Nemesis, Bloodlines, Ambush and Beyond. Rewards 115 points for level 90. Characters in this event will be moved to the Hardcore Prophecy League when it ends. There are no other races during this event.

3x 4hr Cutthroat
2x 2hr Onslaught Cutthroat

10x 1hr Mistress of Flame Kill - Descent Piety Kill.
2x 1hr Onslaught Mistress Kill
10x 1hr DC Gravicius Kill
2x 1hr DCO Gravicius Kill - Descent Champions Onslaught.
2x 30 Min Endless Ledge
2x 1 Hour Endless Ledge
2x 30m Winterheart Ledge - Winterheart: All areas contain patches of chilled ground. Players are accelerated, rather than being slowed by being chilled.
2x 1h Winterheart Ledge - Endless Ledge + Winterheart.

4x 1hr Brutus Kill
2x 1hr Merveil Kill (down from 90 min).
2x 1hr Arctic Merveil Kill
4x 2hr A2TMP Piety Kill - Act 2 start, Turbo, Multiproj.
2x 2hr Act 2 Dominus Kill (down from 4hr).
2x 2hr A3 Lethal Dominus Kill
2x 5hr OHAA Malachai Kill - Onslaught, Headhunter, Ancestral, Arctic. (Down from 7hr for vanilla Mala Kill.)
1x 24hr BLMST Izaro Kill - Blood Magic, Lethal, Multiproj, Sentinel, Turbo. Sentinel: All areas except towns have enemy sentinels spread across the zone. Rewards up to 130 points for all Normal bosses. There are no other races during this event.

2x 1hr Eternal Torment - now Voided.
2x 1hr Eternal Torment Nemesis
3x 1hr Exiles Everywhere - now Voided.
3x 2hr Exile Onslaught - Exiles Everywhere Onslaught.
4x 1hr Headhunter
2x 1h BLAMT Party
2x 2h BLAMT Party

26x 1hr Medallion - Fixed seed event where some areas have fixed mods for players to contend with. Specific areas will also have fixed Prophecies that will trigger when the player enters the area. Its Lethal mod is a reduced version of the existing one. It doesn't have 50% extra cold damage. Zone mod list. It features Brutal, Emberwake, Lethal, Onslaught, +1 Shrine, Turbo, Turbo Gmp, Unwavering, Winterheart, Prophecy (The Cursed Choir, Fallow At Last, Soil, Worms and Blood). 20x alone, and 17x having 2 at once.

6x 3x 12 Min Burst
4x 45 Min Act 2 Solo (down from 70 min).
4x 50 Min Act 3 Solo (up from 45 min).
4x One Hour Solo
4x One Hour Party
2x Two Hour Solo

Notes/thoughts:

* A lot more variety than we're used to.
* Happy to see DC become a boss kill race, none of this zone farming efficiency nonsense. ;) Should please the experts as well, for whom density rng won't be as big of a factor.
* Still no 6 or 8 hour race. No challenge league practice/maximizing for you!
* Happy to see an Izaro race, though i think there should have been more, at least some of which being vanilla mods.
* Rewards are all amulets. Bring on the complaints. Personally i'm just happy to finally see a race season, regardless of rewards. We race for the love of it! (Mostly. ;)
* 32x (26%) races are outside the normal game (D/DC/EL).

Winterheart (Season 15) Breakdown

Edit 12-Jul-16: Sentinel.
Edit 18-Jul-16:
* Exiles Everywhere and Eternal Torment are now Voided.
* Sentinel: All areas except towns have enemy sentinels spread across the zone.
* Brutal, Emberwake, and Unwavering only appear in the sig race.
* The Signature Lethal mod is a reduced version of the existing one. It doesn't have 50% extra cold damage.
* The length of the Signature Race is one hour.
* Signature zones mod list.

Edit 20-Jul-16:
The 2.3.2 Patch Notes lists a bunch of small gem improvements to Descent chests, Descent: Champions chests, and Alternate Start races. As well:

* Descent Race Balance: The Carrion Swarmers in the first area of the Descent race mode now deal 40% less damage.
* A3 alt start Witch: Upgraded Wand from Carved Wand to Quartz Wand.
* A3 alt start Scion: Now has wands instead of daggers (Quartz Wand). The items still have the same properties and socket colours.
* A3 alt start: Removed Decoy Totem from all classes that had it.

Edit 21-Jul-16:
* Added length to all race modes, and a note where it differs from last season.
* There are no other races during the 24hr BLMST Izaro and the 48hr Flashback Solo.
* BLMST Izaro rewards up to 130 points for all Normal bosses; Flashback Solo rewards 115 points for level 90.
* 48hr Flashback Solo: Characters in this event will be moved to the Hardcore Prophecy League when it ends.
* "A2TMP" Piety Kill is Act 2 start, Turbo, Multiproj.

Edit 02-Aug-16:
* C = Custom, not Competitive.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Aug 2, 2016, 9:51:30 PM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2016, 1:53:51 AM
Yea, there is a lot of new stuff here.

If Mistress of Flames is Act4 Piety I won't be able to do it. My frame rate is horrible in that fight.

Descent: Champions Gravicius kill is interesting. I've never made it past Halls 2. Now I can see what comes next.

"2x OHAA Malachai Kill - Onslaught, Headhunter, Ancestral, Arctic"
Or maybe anarchy.

My opinion is that GGG doesn't need to get too creative with race seasons. Just put some variety out there and the racers will come. It's not like temp leagues where GGG needs to add new content each league. One of my favorite sig races was a straight race with no mods - maybe an 85 minute race in season 7-8???
"
harddaysnight wrote:
"2x OHAA Malachai Kill - Onslaught, Headhunter, Ancestral, Arctic"
Or maybe anarchy.

It's Ancestral. It's in the linked announcement thread. :)
But what's the other A?

Side note:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360
This link should be stickied in the race forum discussion not gameplay help. I always have a hard time finding it.
Last edited by harddaysnight on Jul 11, 2016, 5:49:10 AM
"
harddaysnight wrote:
But what's the other A?

Arctic.

"
harddaysnight wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360
This link should be stickied in the race forum discussion not gameplay help. I always have a hard time finding it.

Yeah. I thought it was linked in each race's thread, but nope.
Looks like I will do 2 Races.

The variety is nice the prices are not.

"
unsane wrote:
Medallion Race Season Details

1x BLMST Izaro Kill - Blood Magic, Lethal, Multiproj, S_____ (Fixed Seed?), Turbo

as always reddit has the answer to that question: (https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4s8pke/medallion_race_schedule_up_cutthroat_returns/)

[–]Bex_GGGCommunity Manager 20 points 1 day ago*
There's more information in today's news post.
Edit: The "S" stands for "Sentinel", the pop-up traps from the Labyrinth.

lethal traps sounds like a ton of fun
Went over the epic GGG race posts. Here's all you really need to know, aside from reading the signature zones mod list.

* Exiles Everywhere and Eternal Torment are now Voided.

* Sentinel: All areas except towns have enemy sentinels spread across the zone.

* Brutal, Emberwake, and Unwavering only appear in the sig race.

* The Signature Lethal mod is a reduced version of the existing one. It doesn't have 50% extra cold damage.

* The length of the Signature Race is one hour.

Edit: Eternal Torment as well, oops.
Last edited by unsane on Jul 18, 2016, 9:06:52 PM
The 2.3.2 Patch Notes lists a bunch of small gem improvements to Descent chests, Descent: Champions chests, and Alternate Start races. As well:

* Descent Race Balance: The Carrion Swarmers in the first area of the Descent race mode now deal 40% less damage.
* A3 alt start Witch: Upgraded Wand from Carved Wand to Quartz Wand.
* A3 alt start Scion: Now has wands instead of daggers (Quartz Wand). The items still have the same properties and socket colours.
* A3 alt start: Removed Decoy Totem from all classes that had it.
Last edited by unsane on Jul 20, 2016, 4:05:13 PM
Went over the race threads, some things i noticed:

* The BLMST Izaro is 24hr, so we get two 1day+ races. :D
* There are no other races during the 24hr BLMST Izaro and the 48hr Flashback Solo.
* BLMST Izaro rewards up to 130 points for all Normal bosses; Flashback Solo rewards 115 points for level 90.
* 48hr Flashback Solo: Characters in this event will be moved to the Hardcore Prophecy League when it ends. No mention of what happens to dead characters, but i assume Standard.
* "A2TMP" Piety Kill is Act 2 start, Turbo, Multiproj.

* Cutthroat: regular ones are 4hr, Onslaught ones are 2hr.
* Onslaught/regular Mistress of Flame (Descent), and Gravicius Kill races are 1hr.
* OHAA Malachai Kill (Onslaught, Headhunter, Ancestral, Arctic) are 5hr, where previously vanilla Mala kill was 7hr.
* Exiles Everywhere Onslaught are 2hr (EE are 1hr).
* Merveil Kill are now 1hr, down from 90 min.
* Act 2 Dominus Kill are now 2hr, down from 4hr.
* Act 2 Solo are now 45 min (down from 70 min).
* Act 3 Solo are now 50 min (up from 45 min).
Last edited by unsane on Jul 22, 2016, 1:57:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info