As someone who actually doesn't hate the lab, I must say

I'm not ashamed to admit, I like a bit of movement puzzle with my action every now and then. Heck, I played the crap out of the Prince of Persia games (as well as other similar ones). But you know what those games did different?

At every point before a trap/platforming section, there was an obvious safe spot in sight. You were never ever presented with dangers as far as the eye could see, and expected to just yolo rush it and hope you picked the right moment for the offscreen stuff to not kill you. You could always look at the puzzle and work out how to beat it before you went in.

Now, I appreciate that a top-down view inherently curbs your view distance compared to 1st/3rd person. But that doesn't change the fact that dumping players into a death trap without even making the exit visible is kind of a dick move.

It's largely the same argument as everyone's always been making about bearers vs volatile. Bearers give you a fair warning, so if you die to them, you can only blame yourself. Volatile just kills you. Similarly, if I die to traps that I feel I could have avoided if I paid more attention, I'm fine with that. But I can't pay attention to offscreen traps, so dying to those is just frustrating.
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2016, 10:30:04 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I completely agree. I like to work out the patern and then go through the traps without harm, but a lineup with traps that is 2-3 screens wide is just redicolus. I dont have time to figure out other traps, while im standing on a trap.

In this league i gave up, and made a marauder with 10 endurance charges and 20%+ life regen per second, so i can mindlessly walk through the traps. It works, but its not very fun.

ps, I hate the lab
There are so many poor design decisions regarding 'lab things', but this is certainly one of the worst ones.
Actually this is a pretty common complaint about the labyrinth. Usually people just call it bad visibility in the labyrinth. A suggestion is that GGG could make the little inset map more useful in the lab if it showed where safe spots were. That way one could better plan out the path before making a dash through the traps.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info